Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel Drama Volume 6

I have been to Mecca one time. While I agree that Hip-Hop culture needs a place to thrive and that true hip-hop heads who are into the scene and not the mean can have amazingly great parties, once you open yourself up to the pimp + players who really live and die on the notion of outplaying each other, the stakes grow. The higher they grow, the higher the game. When you reach a certain level of "being a player" it can lead to death.

It just takes a few idiots to ruin a good thing for the real Hip-Hop heads.

Peter Gatien who has basicly given me the best breaks out of anyone throughout my career and has been one of the defiant club owners to give hip hop promoters a good venue and long lasting party and stand up to the BS that can come with the negativity which is portrayed on Hip-hop events by the few which ruin it time and time again for the many people who enjoy hip-hop culture has now become an unneccessary victim for doing so.

Until the players + pimp types that frequent these events and continue on with their negative ways are not CHECKED AT THE DOOR like they should be, you will continue to lose venues and supporters like Peter Gatien who give these parties chances and stand up to those who doubt Hip-Hops positive side and cultural influences.

Unfortunatly for us in the dance end of it, we tend to suffer from these negative events and by the policies of these promoters who allow entry to at times violent and disgraceful player types that often frequent these events as some sort of player status.

Yeah the club is still open and I am not throwing a nail in the grave and encourage everyone to support Tunnel in full fledge, the whole situation can be resolved if Tunnel stays with Mecca but simply does

NOT LET PLAYER HOOD SCUM IN THE DOOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Bolster up the Sunday door policy and have party hosts in the room who personally get to know the good from the bad who work in conjunction with the door staff in allowing or DISALLOWING entry.

My own personal opinion.

Renegade

------------------

Underground.jpg

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.djrenegade.com" TARGET=_blank>Renegades Website</A>

djrenegadenyc@aol.com

No doubt Bro.......

I hope everything works out...*crossing fingers*

Or else A LOT of people are going to lose there jobs frown.gif

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Email: Andy_Zeee@hotmail.com

AIM: AztecNY

Renegade,

It sucks that Tunnel is in a precarious postion yet again, and it sucks that no matter when something bad goes down there, it affects your night.

However, I don't think that Peter Gatien can be portrayed as doing the hip-hop scene a big favor like you implied. The sunday night party there has basically been the most consistent night for the last 2 years, and that is the ONLY reason that crazy shit is allowed at Tunnel on a weekly basis. I really don't think that it is because Peter Gatien; who has a notorious reputation for being a cut-throat owner(as is necessary)has been allowing some kind of social latitude to the hip-hop scene that everyone else would not. He just saw a potential for profit, and took it. Nothing wrong with that, but such an endeavor has obvious consequences, and it bit him in the ass unfortunately.

Please don't misinterpret my view on this, because I love Tunnel, and I am affected by how traumatic its fall from the top has been in the past 2 years. I was there the night it was shut down- I'll never forget it, and the look on Eddie Baez's face when I saw him a few days later was very upsetting. But the NYC club scene is a ruthless business, where every week there is something newer, better, etc.. Playing the game comes with risks.

keep it up renegade, and bring back the MECCA of dance in NYC. Do it, and I'll make my own Hajj up there from DC to show my support.

-eric

i think it is impossible to keep out the "scum" you can't always tell who is scum by appearance.

------------------

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."

This cant be happening again! If you Look at it this way , Why the HELL are they letting assholes in for ?, i think we can saftly say and tell whos scum and whos not ! Plus IF the club closed down and some one got hurt out of it , how is it the tunnels fault? hmmm i think this is bullshit!

------------------

Glowball.jpg

-------------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com">

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com</A>

page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

bottom line: money.

these "thugs" are paying 30-40/head (and probably spends more money on drinks than the "dance crowd"-- less E-consumers), to go to the hip-hop party on sunday. despite who they are, isn't their money the most important thing?

and this selective door policy will never work at the tunnel, either.. we all know that.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Saturday night they turned away a lot of people for not being dressed right so there is no reason they couldn't have a polaroid setup like they used to for people to not allow into the club.

Ex. People who have caused problems on the past in the club.

Renegade

------------------

Underground.jpg

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.djrenegade.com" TARGET=_blank>Renegades Website</A>

djrenegadenyc@aol.com

Originally posted by glowball:

Why the HELL are they letting assholes in for ?, i think we can saftly say and tell whos scum and whos not !

Question.. HOW??????? Please explain how you can tell who's "scum" or "asshole"???? Seriously, I'm not trying to pick on you but this is the dumbest shit you ever said...

for instance:

somone who has caused fights in the club in the past

somone who walks around talking shit to people all night (via the party host you would find out)

theres more but seriously, I got things to do today. I am not wasting my energy on hip-hop drama.

------------------

Underground.jpg

djrenegadenyc@aol.com

ok so you keep out those who caused problems in the past. how do you keep out those who are trouble makers but have never caused trouble in the Tunnel yet.

they may have a history of being a trouble maker but never been no where near manhattan yet

------------------

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."

bottom line is that people will always do stupid shit and until we can stop the violence this shit will keep un happening, and its a damn shame

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg