Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jay-Z arrested outside of EXIT

Bad Friday for Rapper

Jay-Z Arrested on Gun Possession Charges

The Associated Press

N E W Y O R K, April 13 — Rapper Jay-Z and three other men have been arrested for illegal gun possession outside a midtown Manhattan nightclub.

Police say officers saw a man holding a gun get into a 2001 Chevy Suburban outside the club around 3 a-m this morning. The car was stopped a short distance away, and a loaded Gloc-40 was founded.

The four passengers, Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, Hamzah Hewitt, Romero Chambers, and Tyran Smith were arrested for criminal possession of a weapon.

They are currently being held at the Midtown North Precinct and are awaiting arraignment.

No other details are immediately available.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. My man betta not go down on this. He's 3 days away from his trial on the "stabbing" of Lance "Un" Rivera (which by the way is bull shit and I can guarantee he'll be found innocent). One of tha 3 guys he was with should claim that piece. Anyhow, at least no violence was involved. Now, where's Johnny Cochrane.... Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

how do u know he's innocent in the stabbing?

------------------

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."

these fuckling "hip-hop" assholes need to grow up, and stop acting like they own the world...

i hope Jay-Z becomes someones bitch while he's in holding at the station...

go home and stop ruining it for everyone else thats going out to have a good time

and learn how to fight you pussies and maybe you wouldn't need a fucking gun....ASSHOLES!!!!

Originally posted by jpb55:

these fuckling "hip-hop" assholes need to grow up, and stop acting like they own the world...

i hope Jay-Z becomes someones bitch while he's in holding at the station...

go home and stop ruining it for everyone else thats going out to have a good time

and learn how to fight you pussies and maybe you wouldn't need a fucking gun....ASSHOLES!!!!

Amen brother, amen

cwm2.gif

------------------

Exit Night...Enter Light...

Do i need to bring a guy when I come to NY?

It seems to be the cool thing to do.. all the stars are doing it, or it it getting passe now?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

ghetto ass muther fuckers never grow up. why would you even bring a gun out with you?? are you planning on ending someones life? do you think it makes you cool? i just dont understand thug life

------------------

Gotta Jibboo, And you keep on drinking too

You don't understand Thug Life b/c you're probably a spoiled little rich kid from Jersey.

You don't understand it b/c you haven't lived it. You have no idea what it's like to live in a neighborhood so riddled with drugs and violence that you can't even walk by the window for fear of being killed.

People like Jay-Z and other members of the hip-hop community carry guns b/c they have to. They carry guns b/c there are alot of people out there that would gladly love to shoot Jay-Z and be known on the streets as the one that did it. I applaud members of the hip-hop community that carry weapons as long as they are used responsibly. It's about protection, it's about life and death.

Just b/c Jay-Z and Puffy (sorry, P.Diddy) have more money than you'll ever see in 10 lifetimes doesn't mean that they're untouchable. It doesn't mean that people aren't going to try and take what they've worked hard to earn. And it doesn't mean that they should walk around unprotected.

So before you go and say "I don't understand thug life" or "ghetto ass mother fuckers never grow up", stop and think of the ramifications your statement. And, this ghetto mother fucker has grown up, and is grown up enough to whip your ass...without the use of a gun.

We all can't be as priviliged and sheltered as your stupid ass.

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Do i need to bring a guy when I come to NY?

It seems to be the cool thing to do.. all the stars are doing it, or it it getting passe now?

It depends How Big is The guy your gonna bring?

------------------

"Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them."

"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

"Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire."

Vamp, I agree about positive lyrics. That's why I respect cats who keep things positive and give kids a reason to overcome their situation (ghetto or whatever) and suceed in life.

A lot of cats in the game actually ENJOY all the drama that you all see: the fightin, the pimpin, the "I'm betta than U" shit. They live and die for their image. That's cause thats the way they were raised. You know, bloods an crips, reppin your block/hood. It's a lot of frontin. I personally say NFL (neutral for life), and don't like all the violence. But not everyone is like me.

B2B, I agree with you on the point of old school rap and shit. It was all about fun. Now it's all about frontin. But they write what sells. Peeps are feedin off this. All this rap has become mainstream lately. They write about what they go thru, but come on, who believes all this Murda Murda shit. The only mainstream rapper I know who has killed someone was Noreaga. So obviously they are writing for their peeps IN THE HOOD, who actually are out poppin shit and talking shit.

White surburban kids eat it up cause of the lyrics and beats. Nothin wrong with that, I don't care or hate anyone for doing their thing. But these rappers are artists and know if they don't sell, they won't be on their label for long.

Roadrunner, you know snoop is in some serious gang shit with tha crips, right? They have his back should anything go down. And he's scared shitless of someone cappin him, especially with him leavin Death Row and with Suge Knight gettin out. He rolls thick wherever he goes, and got bulletproff shits in his ride. So he tries to stay outta trouble, but believe that he knows what's goin on. At least he ain't startin no beef, has a kid and a wife. But jigga ain't out startin no shit either. Snoop was arrested on murder charges and got off. So just cause someone gets arrested dosen't mean they did shit.

I love rap music, but I don't love the violence. Some might think thats a contradiction, but everyone has their own opinion. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

Originally posted by andre9000:

Roadrunner, you know snoop is in some serious gang shit with tha crips, right? They have his back should anything go down. And he's scared shitless of someone cappin him, especially with him leavin Death Row and with Suge Knight gettin out. He rolls thick wherever he goes, and got bulletproff shits in his ride. So he tries to stay outta trouble, but believe that he knows what's goin on. At least he ain't startin no beef, has a kid and a wife. But jigga ain't out startin no shit either. Snoop was arrested on murder charges and got off. So just cause someone gets arrested dosen't mean they did shit.

No, yeah, you're absolutely right. I just wish they'd use more common sense. Like when Nore got arrested for smokin' a j in his car in queens with a couple other dudes. It's like, c'mon, I know you got a crib! Keep that shit at home!

It's all good, though...

------------------

*i'm in love with the modern world*

Where the drugs czars evolve, and thugs always are

At each other's throats for the love of foreign cars

Where cats catch cases, hoping the judge R and R's

But most times find themselves locked up behind bars

I'm from where they ball and breed rhyme stars

I'm from Marcy son, just thought I'd remind y'all

-Jigga

------------------

LIKE I"VE ALWAYS SAID>YOU CAN TAKE A NIGGER OUT OF THE GHETTO>BUT YOU JUST CANT TAKE THE GHETTO OUT OF A FUCKIN NIGGA>YOU JUNGLE BUNNIES SUUURE DO PAINT A PREATY PICTURE OF YOUR RACE>AND THEN YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE DIS ON "GHETTO" LIFE>YOU WOULD THINK YOU WOULD TAKE SOME OF YOUR MONEY EARNED FROM ACTING LIKE MONKEYS IN THE HIP HOP SCENE AND GET EDUCATED>I HOPE THEY THROW JAY Z AND ALL YOU RAPPER GORILLAS AND THROW AWAY THE KEYS> cwm23.gifcwm23.gif

Originally posted by bigboi:

You don't understand Thug Life b/c you're probably a spoiled little rich kid from Jersey.

You don't understand it b/c you haven't lived it. You have no idea what it's like to live in a neighborhood so riddled with drugs and violence that you can't even walk by the window for fear of being killed.

People like Jay-Z and other members of the hip-hop community carry guns b/c they have to. They carry guns b/c there are alot of people out there that would gladly love to shoot Jay-Z and be known on the streets as the one that did it. I applaud members of the hip-hop community that carry weapons as long as they are used responsibly. It's about protection, it's about life and death.

Just b/c Jay-Z and Puffy (sorry, P.Diddy) have more money than you'll ever see in 10 lifetimes doesn't mean that they're untouchable. It doesn't mean that people aren't going to try and take what they've worked hard to earn. And it doesn't mean that they should walk around unprotected.

So before you go and say "I don't understand thug life" or "ghetto ass mother fuckers never grow up", stop and think of the ramifications your statement. And, this ghetto mother fucker has grown up, and is grown up enough to whip your ass...without the use of a gun.

We all can't be as priviliged and sheltered as your stupid ass.

Hey jerk-off....if ur "hood" is so bad then get a real job and get the fuck out...u need to stop washing car windows and get a job thats gonna give u a paycheck, not a tip...and as far as not seeing that money in 10 lifetimes, maybe i have it right now...and i didn't come from money either, so get your uneducated ignorant ass up and do something real with your life...

they wouldnt need guns for protection if their fucking mouths weren't so big...

these niggers need to grow the fuck up. y the fuck are they still carrying around guns for? they dont live in the ghetto anymore so why the hell do they need guns? his ass needs to be locked up and become some mans little princess! sick of niggas fucking it up for african-americans! cwm21.gifcwm22.gifcwm23.gifcwm28.gif

------------------

06.gif

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on, i wanna dance with my baby!

We have a saying where I come from:

"I'd rather be caught with it than without it."

And that's the truth.

I know it's fucked up, but especially being a rap star with all that money, you don't know what crackhead is gonna try to rob you.

Personally, I don't think there's a need for Jay Z himself to carry a piece.

That's what bodyguards are for.

But, you can't be surrounded by bodyguards all the time.

And during these times, he has every right to be packin'.

Hopefully, the gun was legit and it was registered.

Walking around with an unregistered gun is just plain stupid.

That's all I got to say for now.

Peace,

------------------

Darrell G.

haze

HazePromotions@Gateway.net

AOL IM HazeDG13

(201)381-6987

Thursdays - NV Lounge and Saci

Fridays -Sound Factory, EXIT and Chaos

Saturdays - The World and EXIT

Bunch of uneducated racists on this board.

JPB55 and BlackCentipede...

You guys must be proud of your racist factions and the words of hate that you spew from your mouths.

This site sucks dick...

and JPB55, I think I climbed in your girl's window one night when I left Puffy's crib...her coochie was a little loose though...probably from all of us Niggas hittin her in it.

[This message has been edited by bigboi (edited 04-13-2001).]

Originally posted by bigboi:

Bunch of uneducated racists on this board.

JPB55 and BlackCentipede...

You guys must be proud of your racist factions and the words of hate that you spew from your mouths.

This site sucks dick...

and JPB55, I think I climbed in your girl's window one night when I left Puffy's crib...her coochie was a little loose though...probably from all of us Niggas hittin her in it.

[This message has been edited by bigboi (edited 04-13-2001).]

racist? no...it could have been any 'star' of any color...just sick of fucking immature assholes like u...and i think a lot of others are as well...we're only trying to have a good time, and there are constantly some bunch of jerk-offs ruining it for everyone else...

In addition to arresting everybody with

illegal gun possession it is also important

going after those assholes clubmanager who let those fuckers in with their guns bypassing their fucking security. bride

or whatever. rudy where are you, close those

sheetholes down. leave twilo alone, go after

the real thing.

Good. I hope he goes to jail. I'm so sick of these rappers thinking there bad asses. So what if they grew up in the hood. They made it out and good for them. But they need to stop there shit. They should be above that hood shit with guns or whatever. Get body guards who are licensed to have guns if that is the case. Puffy should have gone to jail, he got a great lawyer to get him off.