Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone See George Acosta Last Night?

Guest boyfrombklyn

Originally posted by boyfrombklyn:

I know. I'm surprised. I don't think people realize how big he really is.

If people dont know, then is he really that big?

------------------

The fame, it was like a drug......but what was more like a drug were the drugs.

How do you shoot the Devil in the back?.....

What if you miss?

That party got the shit promoted out of itself. I'm suprised it wasn't that packed. But I was doubting on how many people were gonna go to it. Come on.. Thursday night at the Tunnel. The only night going for that place is Saturdays.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Guest boyfrombklyn
Originally posted by mrblonde55:

If people dont know, then is he really that big?

I would think he really is that big if he's considered an international DJ, has a few albums out, and performs at places like Love Parade. But you're right, I think it was bad timing. It should've been Saturday instead, and it shouldn't have been the Tunnel.

I ended up being there. Wasn't my first choice for the night, but Centro was packed. So, since we'd never been, thought it was might be worth checking out.

There were maybe 50 people there. Really unimpressive turnout. Saw some guy inside get his ass kicked and knocked out cold on the floor. Must have laid there for a few minutes before security scooped him.

As for the music, I wasn't impressed, but I'm no expert on these things. It just seemed like buildup after buildup. Every song sounded like the last song of the night. I wasn't impressed and won't be back.

I heard it was the place in the day, but last thursday it was beat, beat, beat.

------------------

DM

foto_nova_lahev.jpg

actually, the crowd did suck and it was completely empty, but i thought the worst thing was that people kept posting on clubnyc that the cover was $45 and it actually ended up being $30. my friend even made the mistake of buying tix thru clubnyc's site for $40- the ticket window told him that CNYC wasn't even authorized to sell tix to the event. he's going to dispute the charges.

btw, this is totally a shot in the dark, but can anyone who was there ID a song for me. really fast female vocals at around 4AM went something like 'it must be love love love.'

god, that describes 50% of all dance songs ever recorded...