Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We need your prayers--Girls, GET CHECKED!!!

This is a bit of a sad story to start the morning but the message is important:

A good friend of mine recently found out she has cancer. She doesn't fit the profile of a woman who should get screened for breast cancer regularly. Here's her stats:

She is as fit and worked out as can be with a body similar to Madonna.

Complete Vegetarian

A health nut

Takes care of her body in every way possible

Does not have a history of cancer in the family

Is 35 years old.

This friend of mine was in the middle of being intimate with her boyfriend when he noticed she had a slight buldge on the side of her breast. She never noticed it herself.

She got examined and they found out that the lump was cancerous and growing very rapidly. The choices were to remove the breast or remove the lump followed by aggressive chemotherapy 5 days a week for 7 weeks and radiation 1 day a week. She felt strongly about altering her body so she decided to remove the lump and take her chances with chemotherapy/radiation--she's a fighter!

Yesterday was her surgery...they removed the lump successfully but while in there, they found the cancer had spread throughout her lymph nodes so they had to be removed as well.

This is a girl that I was partying with in the Bahamas 2 months ago and can out run, bike, swim, and climb any man I know.

The reason I tell you this is that she wants everyone in the world to know her story since she did not fit the typical breast cancer profile. She wants every woman to get checked regardless of age and history. SO DO IT! It's worth saving your life!!!!

So please, say a little prayer for this beautiful girl so that this is behind her and she returns to her healthy life asap!

Thanks,

Rich

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

AOL/AIM: SuedeNYC

EMail: SuedeNYC@aol.com

im really sorry to hear that. ill say a prayer for her. hope everything is ok. cwm38.gif

------------------

" Music is a universal language. Where speech fails, then music begins. It is the natural medium for the expression of our emotions - the art that expresses in tones our feelings which are too strong & too deep to be expressed in words"

Charles W. Landon

"Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world"- Marilyn Monroe

This is so scary.. She definitely doesn't fit the profile, but everyone knows that ANYONE can get cancer.. Some people are more likely but noone is safe from it.. I really hope everything works out for her.. Chemo is devastating, I saw what it does to ppl myself (I have a really bad family history of cancer).. And at 35, it'll totally fuck up her life..

I saw something on TV about a pill that kills only cancer cells.. I'm not sure if it's FDA approved yet, or what the deal is. But tell your friend to ask her doctor about it. I think it's something new but maybe it's approved in some other country and she can maybe get it from there? They said that this pill will change cancer treatment forever and it was PROVEN to target ONLY cancer cells.. No chemo necessary..

I really hope they find some cure really fast because I don't think there are too many people in the world who have not been affected by it, either first hand or someone close to them.. It's probably THE worst thing that can happen to anyone or anyone's family/friend..

I really hope she will get better.. She's young so her body is still very strong.. So hopefully it'll all work out..

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 04-17-2001).]

Suzanne Somers also is a complete healthnut and she was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago...she just came out about it recently. It just goes to show that anyone can get breast cancer and you must constantly give yourself self-breast exams and go to the doctor regularly.

My prayers are with your friend!!

------------------

Balkini's ride....now you know why I B L O W G O A T S!!!!

pg_ss750_09.jpg

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

This is so scary.. She definitely doesn't fit the profile, but everyone knows that ANYONE can get cancer..

Definitely true. I've had one family member die of cancer and my aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer a month ago. Cancer is def. a scary thing to be faced with. Everything happens for a reason. I'll send a few up for your friend. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

I am very sorry my friend. I shall make an offering and prayer in Buddah's name for insight and health.

------------------

I have never known beauty like yours before...with eyes of the most perfect blue, and a form that speaks of poetry. And now here I hold you in my arms...

...and within that simple kiss did I know my heart. And opening my eyes, feeling the love that surged through my body, that made my heart pound and my head swim...I gave myself to you

I'm so sorry about your friend, Rich. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Rich,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She is in my heart, and my prayers.

Love,

Eileen

------------------

pretibaby.htm

"When you are loved, there is no need to understand what is happening, for everything happens within you."

~The Alchemist

aim: eigurl

eileen@mariony.com

i don't want this to come across b****y, but dmitry put a post yesterday "wanna find a cure for cancer"- and practically no one responded... just a small amount of your time may help with the research... i really wish you'll all take a sec. to find the post and respond... every person counts...

i wish your friend the best suede...

------------------

~ you see house is a feeling ~

~ the dj, the music, and me ~