Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck!!!

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I placed an order with one company, it went out of business..

I placed an order with another company.. They contract another company to wire people's houses.. They came in and did the outside wiring.. Made an appointment for inside wiring..

Then I get an e-mail saying that this contracting company went out of business (northpoint i think?) and they hired verizon to get all the wiring done.. that means that i needed to have the outside wiring redone since they use different lines..

3 weeks later I get an e-mail saying that my order was cancelled since verizon doesn't service my area..

And DSL is def better than cable coz you don't share it with other ppl smile.gif I'm greedy! I want it all to myself..

so now you're all wired for nothing huh?

------------------

signature.gif

I am VERY, VERY happy with my cable. I have been CONSISTENLY getting 150 KBytes/sec downlad and 40 KBytes/sec upload speeds. I'd like to see a DSL beat this. smile.gif

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

Originally posted by dzadza:

I am VERY, VERY happy with my cable. I have been CONSISTENLY getting 150 KBytes/sec downlad and 40 KBytes/sec upload speeds. I'd like to see a DSL beat this. smile.gif

I only get about 80kBps (640kbps) down and about 11kBps (90kbps) up but that's what I will always have, regardless of how many people on my block decide to have DSL service. Your bandwidth, on the other hand, will change when more people in your neighborhood get cable service. You'll be sharing your bandwidth with them.

------------------

signature.gif

How is the Riccochet? I was gonna try to talk Worldcom into letting me demo it but the coverage area isnt great on the island. I would use it on the train on the days I can't sleep.

Anyways

DSL vs Cable. I use both. DSL @ work and cable at home. They are both very good services. When I need to download software updates at work i get a little annoyed because dsl is capped at whatever rate you hate. We have 784k SDSL so its gonna cap out at like 100KB/sec or so. Where as the cable will burst if the bandwith is available. ADSL is a different story though. the download speed is better then the up. 1 have a 1mbit upload cap on my cable (aprox 110KB/sec) where as dsl will have less. I find anything less then 784k for upload unacceptable which is why i would goto cable over dsl. LIke a previous post said. www.dslreports.com and you can see specifics for your area. it will break down what dsl providers are available for your CO (central office). good luck with whatever you do and even if verizon was available. STAY AWAY!!

nothing but horror stories about their dsl.

you guys should check this out

Tsunami presents

Psy-trance party

Live from Germany:

X-DREAM (Blue Room/Tsunami)

Jan and Markus have been considered for many years one of the worlds most sought after live trance act and will be playing their track "aspirin" from the Tsunami compilation.

JAMES MONROE (Flying Rhino UK)

Performing one of his famous DJ sets

MARKUS (X-DREAM) special DJ set

YON-E (Yare-X)

Plus a separate chill-out room with

AARON SPECTRE (Opiae/Kinetic)

THE WORLD

1501 Broadway and. 43rd st

Doors open at 11:45 party till 7.00 am

Special decoration from England

$25 in advance/$30 at the door

advance tickets @

Throb 211 east 14 st. THROB.COM

Home of trace 122 . st. marks place 212-533-6700

Satellite 259 bowery 212-995-1744

Sonic grove 41 Carmine st. 212-675-5284

Satellite Boston 617-536-5482

Caffeine Long Island 516-797-7196

Tsunami 24 hour info. Line 212.439.8124 www.tsunami-trance.com

on 5.11.01 Tsunami presents SUN PROJECT and more..

cwm9.gifcwm9.gifcwm9.gifcwm9.gif

cable here, 824k whoops DSL's ass....... I get a good enough connection to a site or some one fast enough on napster i see over 600 down...

------------------

No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone, Somewhere, Is Tired Of Her Shit...