Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KINGS BARN: Who's (still) with me???

Just to revisit this matter -- I personally have been yearning to get out of the city for a while at some point. I was hoping to rent a house in the Poconos, PA, this past New Years' Eve with some friends, but we started our search too late -- everything was booked. However, the one item that absolutely floored me during that aforementioned search was a place called the King's Barn.

You can check it for yourselves ( http://www.kingsbarn.com/barn.htm ), but basically it's PHAT. The main place, the Lodge, can accomodate 22 people comfortably (a few more, I've been told, if we need to squeeze a few in). It has a 6-person hot tub, (bumper) pool table and a dart board.... plus it's situated on 84 acres of land. I personally think it's perfect.....

I was trying to organize this event 2-3 months ago, since the place tends to book pretty quickly (New Years' Eve is booked from now until 2010). However, circumstances prevented this from happening -- I got laid off, and apparently it was a bit too early for some people to be able to commit.

I still have checks from several people, which have (and will remain) uncashed until if/when we have enough people to rent the place. We need at least 20 people to rent the Lodge out... I've received payment from the following people thus far:

Jammy cash 02/05/01

Vejita cash 02/05/01

Furnace cash 02/05/01

Uknjx2 check 02/06/01

Olga check 02/07/01

Translucent check 02/07/01

Matta check 02/13/01

Resident check 02/17/01

The cost is $105 per person -- that's $70 ($35/night), plus a $35 refundable damage deposit that we get back after we check out (assuming there's no damage to the place). The weekend is Friday, June 22 - Sunday, June 24, since that was agreed to be an open date for most people on the board. Once we get the required 20 people together and pay to reserve the place, we can worry about the logistics surrounding travel down there, shopping, etc.

I've already verified that the Lodge is still available -- we still have a chance! Anywho, please let me know if any of ya'll are still interested, and I'll send you instructions what to do next. You can contact me at vejita1975@hotmail.com (like in the sig).

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by vejita (edited 04-22-2001).]

im in this shit still i have to send a check ............ hmmmm address? also for those who dont have a ride there what to do ?

------------------

hmmmmmmmglowball.jpg

A>

-------------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com">

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com</A>

page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

You are never safe in your dreams im there , always look out because im your worst nightmare.

[This message has been edited by glowball (edited 04-21-2001).]

I'll PM you right after I post this about the check. As far as transportation goes -- I don't have a ride yet, either, so there's at least a few of us in the same boat. We could rent a car -- I'd be willing to, anyway -- or maybe carpool with those who have cars and are willing to drive. Maybe we can charter a bus or something silly, too..... :P

Anywho, let's make sure we have the people necessary to reserve the place before we start worrying too much about the details. We'll get there....... smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Vejita...just a reminder, you owed me a LARGE sum of money before, and $120 of it went to the King's Barn credit (you only paid me back $20 or so).

So my name should be up there as paid.

Thanks.

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

Furnace -- got it. I had actually been keeping the most accurate count of people on that original Clubplanet thread before, but it's been archived and it's not searchable yet. Sorry about that.......

Likewise, if anybody's name isn't on that list and should be, let me know.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Hey no help from -=jman=- tongue.gif and thanks for the *uplifting* night Friday and yes I am still down for Kings Barn...I'll get you a check next time I see you.

-Jamms "nohelpforyouarthur"

------------------

I love p00hs arse *alwaysandforever* face50.gif

Unbound / Jammy: Hehehe. Don't make me unleash the fury of the Internet...... if I start researching, I'm gonna find it for sure. cwm4.gif I'll give you another 2 days, UB -- then I'm going full-steam to find out what it is.

Crossy -- sounds good. Let me know if you're still concerned about transport..... I won't have any concrete answers until I know we have the place, but at least we can keep an eye out.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

bump

------------------

hmmmmmmmglowball.jpg

A>

-------------------------

<A HREF="mailto:

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com">

Martin-Izzo@si.rr.com</A>

page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

You are never safe in your dreams im there , always look out because im your worst nightmare.