Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"HEY, ITS JUST MY OPINION!!"

what is the deal w/ this response?

why is it that people get so upset when you attack an opinion? It creates discussion, debate.. i mean isnt' that what the whole forum is about?

i'm just hypothesizing here, but maybe people just arent' secure enough w/ their opinions when they give them to encounter any sort of opposition to them..

putting an opinion on a forum gives anyone the right to criticize it as what was your own belief, your own take on a specific subject, has now been introduced to others.. if someone doesnt' want any sort of feedback on their opinion they should really keep it to themselves.. either that or dont' bother gettin upset when someone else attacks it, just dont' respond..

people will say that your not respecting their opinions when you attack them, but to me you are showing more respect for them when you do attack it as opposed to just agreeing or not saying anything about it. nothing worse then a yesser, replying "mmhmm..yep...riiiight" to every single question.. that bothers me A LOT more then someone criticiziing me..

just my worhtless $.02 on something no one else probably even gives shit about

------------------

my stand on the sig controversy:

scream.gif

Couldnt agree more! Humility goes along way..but I do believe in takes a great EGO to always think no one elses opinion other than your own is valid..

I wonder if it's the size of everyones Egos in here that make the board crash so much!?

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by mugwump:

I wonder if it's the size of everyones Egos in here that make the board crash so much!?

either that, or it's the incessant, mindless nonsense you flood the board with continually. just a possibility i suppose.

agree to disagree, thats what rob is talking about i think, and dead right is he. on top of that, even stating 'just my opinion', is redundant in itself. i mean, of course it's your opinion unless you are otherwise quoting someome.

but at the same time, people should use discretion, and take the advice of nycetouch.

just my opinion of course.

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

why is it that people get so upset when you attack an opinion? It creates discussion, debate.. i mean isnt' that what the whole forum is about?

mmmhmmm

Originally posted by PFloyd40:i'm just hypothesizing here, but maybe people just arent' secure enough w/ their opinions when they give them to encounter any sort of opposition to them..

putting an opinion on a forum gives anyone the right to criticize it as what was your own belief, your own take on a specific subject, has now been introduced to others.. if someone doesnt' want any sort of feedback on their opinion they should really keep it to themselves.. either that or dont' bother gettin upset when someone else attacks it, just dont' respond..

/B]

YEP

Originally posted by PFloyd40:people will say that your not respecting their opinions when you attack them, but to me you are showing more respect for them when you do attack it as opposed to just agreeing or not saying anything about it. nothing worse then a yesser, replying "mmhmm..yep...riiiight" to every single question.. that bothers me A LOT more then someone criticiziing me..

RIIIIIIGHT

Originally posted by PFloyd40:just my worhtless $.02 on something no one else probably even gives shit about

------------------

I can't dream for us all I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Gigs:

Fondling p00h's ass @ Twilo

Be Yourself grabbing p00h at Vinyl

I love p00h's ass *alwaysandforever*

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

mmmhmmm

Originally posted by PFloyd40:i'm just hypothesizing here, but maybe people just arent' secure enough w/ their opinions when they give them to encounter any sort of opposition to them..

/B]

YEP

Originally posted by PFloyd40:people will say that your not respecting their opinions when you attack them, but to me you are showing more respect for them when you do attack it as opposed to just agreeing or not saying anything about it. nothing worse then a yesser, replying "mmhmm..yep...riiiight" to every single question.. that bothers me A LOT more then someone criticiziing me..

RIIIIIIGHT

Originally posted by PFloyd40:just my worhtless $.02 on something no one else probably even gives shit about

------------------

I can't dream for us all I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Gigs:

Fondling p00h's ass @ Twilo

Be Yourself grabbing p00h at Vinyl

I love p00h's ass *alwaysandforever*