Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone here do yoga?

I'm thinking it may be for me, considering i hate exercise. not that yoga isn't exercise, i'm not saying that...i just hate most forms of exercise and i know i need to start doing something b/c i can't sit around on my duff for the rest of my life.... does it tone you up? help you remain relaxed and calm?

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

I haven't been practicing yoga on a daily basis for about a year but...

Yes, if you study yoga it definitely tones you, provides wonderful flexability and relaxation.

IMHO, its one of the best forms of excercise out there. It works your muscles and your mind.

It takes a bit of time to really feel the effects, but if you're thinking about trying it..definitely give it a whirl.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Although I don't do it any more, Yoga is a great way to a toned body! Power Yoga will tone you, and the breating exercises will relax you. You'll also become more flexible and supple, which will help with *other* things...

We can get some videos and do Yoga together Mama!

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

yoga is the shit. i've been tryin to get into it for years now, just procrastinating away. someone just got me a book for dummies on meditation. i'm gonna start with that and get into yoga. we can yoga togethere crud! your tiny body should be able to contort all sorts of crazy ways! dr00l

------------------

I'm a hustler baby, I just want u to know,

It ain't where I've been, its where I'm bout to go...

Yup! I think yoga is one of the best things you can do for your body. There are different types, some concentrate more on breathing and relaxation, some on flexibility and strength. Check it out because it all makes you feel great.

Lexi

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

My parents used to make me do yoga growing up, cause you know I'm hindu, but I'm guess I am glad I learned it now..I actually know quite a bit, I even remember my prayers...

------------------

Slowly..slowly..act like you know me...

been practicing on and off for 2 years. it's everything everyone mentioned, plus you really get to know your body and train it to feel things or not feel things. like if you have a cramp in a musle, you can release the pain through the right stretch and breathing excersizes.

it's not like other workouts where you gain all this energy, instead you gain this peaceful balance feeling.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -anais nin

definitely recommend it. it is actually pretty hard work though if you do the vigorous kind - i end up sweating pints. you feel great afterwards though - great stress reliever and you're kind of high afterwards as well.

------------------

* i love sex always&forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

AIM: F1LTHYSLAG

I go to a yoga class once a week and practice it at home here and there. Best way to release stress from you body. Def recommend it. Comes in handy for other thingies, hee hee.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Yoga rules...If I am having a very stressful day at work I'll go over to my gym and do a yoga class at lunch. I come back to the office feeling 10 times better. In the most recent issue of Time magazine it's featured as the cover story. Check it out, you'll learn some interesting stuff about it...

my ex was and still is into yoga and many of its derivatives/siblings...

tried it with her...intersting to say the least...

but don't let it fool you...it is definitely much harder(physically) than it looks...it will tone you up and mos' def' relax you...

p.s.: sorry how do you pronounce your name? uknjx2?...

cwm12.gif

------------------

there's nothing like a piece of real french bread...

Originally posted by frenchbread:

my ex was and still is into yoga and many of its derivatives/siblings...

tried it with her...intersting to say the least...

but don't let it fool you...it is definitely much harder(physically) than it looks...it will tone you up and mos' def' relax you...

p.s.: sorry how do you pronounce your name? uknjx2?...

cwm12.gif

um, you can't possibly pronounce that....i never thought i'd have to say it when i came up with it... u.k.n.j is fine, or nicki....anyway, i'm def. going to try my hand at yoga...saw this thing on Oprah about it and have been considering it ever since, thanks for everyone's input, 'cept i didn't need to see that pic of the head up the ass....

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com