Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bloody women!!

Long-term relationships are fundamentally dishonest. And it's all the fault of females.

Scientists claim that monogamous relationships among many species, including humans, only persist because females have found a way to disguise whether they are fertile.

The researchers claim that by offering sex anytime, but no clues as to whether they will conceive, females trick males into hanging round for a long time.

The evolution of this deception is the only reason that monogamy has developed.

Sexual deception

New Scientist reports that two zoologists claim to have uncovered the dishonest heart of every faithful relationship.

Magnus Enquist of Stockholm University and colleague Miguel Girones from the Netherlands Institute of Ecology have been modelling the development of monogamous relationships and claim that the state only develops when females start deceiving males about their fertility.

Classical explanations of sexual behaviour always focus on the male. But this gives stronger focus on the woman

Magnus Enquist

In many species females often advertise their fertility with visual or chemical cues and, as a result, only suffer the amorous attentions of males when they are likely to conceive.

They typically avoid too much sex because it takes energy and leaves them at the risk of contracting disease.

This behaviour also helps males decide who to mate with, and when they can move on and try to spread their genes elsewhere.

In many other species, such as humans, birds and porcupines, females hide their fertility and so keep males hanging round on the off-chance that they will conceive.

Roguish behaviour

This deception also discourages males from seeking other mates because they are just as likely to be fertile as the female the male has shacked up with claims Mr Enquist.

The pair tested their theory in a mathematical model and found that males only stopped their roguish bachelor lifestyle when females start hiding their fertility.

"Classical explanations of sexual behaviour always focus on the male," Mr Enquist told New Scientist.

"But this gives stronger focus on the woman."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1296000/1296607.stm

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by jammy:

we still love you b2b... cwm38.gif

-Jamms "nowbacktothemunchinnews"

smile.gif

back2basics - lovesjammynumber2

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

...a truly smart man will always know that he does not need a woman period!...and will try to procreate on his own....that's why in an ideal environment...all of human offspring should look like a cross between a man and his right hand ... oh boy what the hell did I just type..I think I read one two many of b2b's posts cwm3.gif

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

[This message has been edited by Unbound (edited 04-25-2001).]

Originally posted by eggmok:

"bloody females" ~ i thought you were referring to that time of month . . .

cwm2.gifcwm2.gif

Thanks for those beutifull images i now have in my mind.

Regina, it's a thought.. i would rather BE a woman though... now that would be fun.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by ReginaP:

So, David, now that you know...whatcha gonna do? Give up women entirely? cwm27.gif

Yea, right!! That I would PAY to see!! cwm4.gif

You can call us bitches, evil, conspiring man eaters . . . but the fact still remain that you guys always come back for more!! biglaugh.gif

BlueAngel

BlueAngel

------------------

“Those people who are uncomfortable in themselves are disagreeable to others.” — William Hazlitt

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

You can call us bitches, evil, conspiring man eaters . . . but the fact still remain that you guys always come back for more!! biglaugh.gif

But what else would we have to do?

BlueAngel

BlueAngel

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

cwm2.gifcwm2.gif

Thanks for those beutifull images i now have in my mind.

Regina, it's a thought.. i would rather BE a woman though... now that would be fun.

You'd be the type of woman every man loves to hate biggrin.gif

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com