Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DIETS SUCK!!!!

i hear ya mario. but honestly, there's no way i can afford a personal trainer. i take kickboxing and advanced step classes, go running and bike. granted working out with someone (not necessarily a personal trainer) will help you push yourself more or in a different way, but i don't have someone like that. the one girl i DO work out with is not really, i dunno, hardcore i guess? my sister's the only one who i have "omg, i'm gonna puke" workouts with but she lives in california. maybe instead of a drink up we should have a workout-up!

A lot of good ideas have been posted already. I can only add that maybe you need to increase your metabolism so that your body breaks down the food faster. That way you don't have to diet. Maybe try actually increasing the number of meals you eat. That may sound crazy, but eating 6 small meals is better then one or two big ones (and much more satisfying to your stomach). It will increase your metabolism and your body will naturally burn fat. Excersize too.

------------------

Living in a constant state of trance......

Originally posted by emiliep:

so i'm on this diet because i've kinda plateaud on my weight loss and need to eat better in order to loose more. BUT, this diet i'm on is REALLY LIMITING my food intake. i'm talking rabbit food here. there's no way i can stay on this and i really don't want to cheat. i was wondering if any of you guys know of a good diet that didn't limit any food groups completely (like atkins, i just don't agree with it). if you had any links that would be great. thanks! cwm38.gif

Take stacker II, they boost your energy level and they work....

------------------

IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!

aol IM- djfabioc

EXIT -G U E S T L I S T guestlis@optonline.net

MS.jpg

Try Interval training, such as Spinning Classes in rotation with running (at least 3 miles at least 6.0 mph)-also, dotn take dexatrim, they can give you ulcers..try metabolife, or a dieretic, so you will lose excess bloating. I hit a plateau as well, and this worked for me.

Originally posted by cgm:

Try Interval training, such as Spinning Classes in rotation with running (at least 3 miles at least 6.0 mph)-also, dotn take dexatrim, they can give you ulcers..try metabolife, or a dieretic, so you will lose excess bloating. I hit a plateau as well, and this worked for me.

Interval training is when you vary the intensity of your workout within your cardio session. I.e. You're on the bike or the treadmill, start up with a warm up to bring your heart rate up, then sprint it for a minute. Bring it back down to normal pace then sprint again and so on. Rotation between running and spinning is not interval training. Athletes who want to increase their overall speed train this way. It's also great for your heart.

Also emilie...was at the gym today and worked out with the strongest trainer in my gym. This guy's an animal and he was doing legs also today so I joined him. Well I though my workouts were tough...he nearly made me puke. It shows why he has 30lbs of muscle on me and all this time I thought he was just a freak of nature. I realized how much harder my workouts should be. Do I really want to gain 30lbs? No not really but I would like to add 10-15lbs and I realize my workouts aren't gonna cut it. So if I want to add those pounds I'm gonna have to push it that much extra until I reach my goal. Don't be discouraged...like I said before it's your choice. If you want it bad enough you can have it. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy cause I sacrifice all these foods just to grow and be lean. For me I get more pleasure out of this than eating that apple pie. I'd much rather look good all the time than have the taste of an apple pie in my mouth.

------------------

Proud sponsor of Project B L O W G O A T S

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

Originally posted by MarioNY:

Interval training is when you vary the intensity of your workout within your cardio session. I.e. You're on the bike or the treadmill, start up with a warm up to bring your heart rate up, then sprint it for a minute. Bring it back down to normal pace then sprint again and so on. Rotation between running and spinning is not interval training.

Yes, I meant that Spinning was interval training, and run as well.....Intervals one day, running the next-Sorry I guess I was not clear about that.

so i'm on this diet because i've kinda plateaud on my weight loss and need to eat better in order to loose more. BUT, this diet i'm on is REALLY LIMITING my food intake. i'm talking rabbit food here. there's no way i can stay on this and i really don't want to cheat. i was wondering if any of you guys know of a good diet that didn't limit any food groups completely (like atkins, i just don't agree with it). if you had any links that would be great. thanks! cwm38.gif

Originally posted by cgm:

i actually do interval training. my sister's boyfriend taught me how to do it. basically, i do my normal warm-up. then i'll start off sprinting at 6.0 mph on a 5.0 incline (or somewhere around there) for 30 seconds. i take about a minute or so break and then up the speed and the incline by .5 or 1 and do it for another 30 seconds. i keep doing this until i reach the highest incline and the highest speed. i do the biking thing also. i took spin classes in college so i do runs, jumps, hills and all that stuff on my own. the girls there think i'm nuts.

as for the weight training, i'm not really sure how much weight to use. i don't want my legs to get any bigger so i would assume i'd use light weights and do a lot of reps. mariony, how many times a week should you weight train? do you do arms the same day or alternate?...arms one day, legs the other.

and dale77, you betta love me just the way i am....::sucks teeth:: shoot, no she didn't!

I've been trying to shed a few lbs myself and have joined weight watcher about 3 months ago. I have lost 12 lbs and I have not starved myself and ate any kind of food I want. Based on your current weight you are assigned a point range. Every food has a point value...blah blah (I'm sure you've heard the commercials). Well it works. I still am able to go out to eat, I just make healthier choices and I go to the gym 3-4 days a week. Don't take pills, they are just a quick fix, once you stop you will gain it back. Instead make a lifestyle change with a program you can live with. You won't feel deprived. Good luck.