Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Change.

As far as the future generation goes, I think the thing they'll change most is the technology. Kids grow up now and they're using the internet from like 5 years old, they IM each other after school, I think they're a lot more aware of the possibilities of technology than we were at that age.

For change in society, I'm not sure if we're moving forward in that dept. With more and more cultures popping up in our society, things seem to be moving around in circles, learning about each culture, but not much forward. More races, more ideas, but not much progress. In fact, if you look at what was going on in Cincy with the cops, and of course Diallo and the numerous who's case is not made famous, we seem to be slipping back a little bit.

Am I doing anything to help change? Not really. I'll hopefully graduate college, but then just get plugged into the system like the rest. Tryin to get mine, do me, and see how everything turns out. I don't really look too far to the future, cause so much is going on near term. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

if you think about it...we're spoiled.

Every past generation has had to fight for some sort of right or belief. They basically didnt leave anything for us. We're enjoying life from their labors.

I do believe we have the oppurtunity to perfect what was fought for in the past. But between work and day to day bullshit..who has the time anymore?

well I dunno what example to give you that will demonstrate what I mean... but whenever we think we are progressing we are probably are going back to a well forgotten old .... there are no NEW ways of the world.... sad but I doubt anything will ever change

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

I think our generation is more open-minded, less hateful than any previous generation. we are also more dependant on the technology we weald...but that's just the price we have to pay for the benefits that it gives us... what the future hold who knows... probably some virtual reality with little "real experience" at hand... as long as we progress spiritually we'll be fine... and so far our spirit is much more pure than the one of our ancestors... less racism, sexism, and other types of discrimination.... I'm just waiting for the aliens to show up and make us all truly united biggrin.gif

------------------

TëMA

Originally posted by sleepiswaste:

if you think about it...we're spoiled.

Every past generation has had to fight for some sort of right or belief. They basically didnt leave anything for us. We're enjoying life from their labors.

I do believe we have the oppurtunity to perfect what was fought for in the past. But between work and day to day bullshit..who has the time anymore?

There is probably MORE to fight about now than ever before.

Global warming

Poverty

the third world crisis

Rapes

injustice

Just to name a few, what i think your saying as they arn't close to home so we push them to one side.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

There is probably MORE to fight about now than ever before.

Global warming

Poverty

the third world crisis

Rapes

injustice

Just to name a few, what i think your saying as they arn't close to home so we push them to one side.

true..

"want to start a revoltion from a messageboard?" =)

B2B - All of those things that you stated have been problems with all generations. We are just more aware of these issues now, because of newspapers, radios, TV's, computers... The media in general. As far as making changes, I believe that is an individual choice. I hear people all the time talking about walks to fight breast cancer, aids, MS, birth defects. However very few speak about the problems in our society with the homeless, unemployed, abused. In my family each holiday that we are together, we pick a charity or something that has meaning to one us and we volunteer to help with the meals, or cleaning, or something. Additionally, I attempt to do small things throughout the year. Is there more that each of us could do? probabley... When do people generally stand up and say enough?? When it hits home and directly affects them or loved one...

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

I think society is so self-destructive that the next generation is only gonna be worse than the previous.. Sorry for such a pessimistic thought but I don't think ppl learn from the previous generations' mistakes.. I don't even wanna know what kind of a society my kids will have to grow up in..

Originally posted by stacychase:

B2B - All of those things that you stated have been problems with all generations. We are just more aware of these issues now, because of newspapers, radios, TV's, computers... The media in general. As far as making changes, I believe that is an individual choice. I hear people all the time talking about walks to fight breast cancer, aids, MS, birth defects. However very few speak about the problems in our society with the homeless, unemployed, abused. In my family each holiday that we are together, we pick a charity or something that has meaning to one us and we volunteer to help with the meals, or cleaning, or something. Additionally, I attempt to do small things throughout the year. Is there more that each of us could do? probabley... When do people generally stand up and say enough?? When it hits home and directly affects them or loved one...

Yes i understand that they are covered more now and they have alwasy been a problem. But the point was that as population increases so does the problem. Population in the babyboomer years shot up.

And the very fact they are a STILL a problem is pretty sickening.

But it's good to here at least one person is doing something. smile.gif

One person carn't change the world, but they can help. Even if it's in a small way that may seem insignificant.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Yes i understand that they are covered more now and they have alwasy been a problem. But the point was that as population increases so does the problem. Population in the babyboomer years shot up.

One person carn't change the world, but they can help. Even if it's in a small way that may seem insignificant.

When we are doing the work, we think we really have made a SIGNIFICANT change. My lil sis and I still talk about the Thanksgiving, that she, my mom, and I volunteered at an aids homeless shelter. She made mashed potatoes, and I set the table... If you could hear us talk about that day, you would think we solved the homelss problem in the world. However when you give, it really makes you feel good about yourself.

------------------

When we are doing the work, we think we really have made a SIGNIFICANT change. My lil sis and I still talk about the Thanksgiving, that she, my mom, and I volunteered at an aids homeless shelter. She made mashed potatoes, and I set the table... If you could hear us talk about that day, you would think we solved the homelss problem in the world. However when you give, it really makes you feel good about yourself.

Yeh that's it i have always wanted to get that satisfaction out of work. I walk dogs from a shelter, but i really should do more.

My job has very little satisfaction apart fom i make peoples jobs easier.. oh and a saved the American goverment a few Million this morning.. no thanks needed smile.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Yeh that's it i have always wanted to get that satisfaction out of work. I walk dogs from a shelter, but i really should do more.

My job has very little satisfaction apart fom i make peoples jobs easier.. oh and a saved the American goverment a few Million this morning.. no thanks needed smile.gif

WOW, thanks!!!!!!!!!

------------------

WOW, thanks!!!!!!!!!

No thanks needed.. it's all part of a days work wink.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Where to start?

I beleive in thinking globally, acting locally. I don't like the power corporations have over our lives. I like to shop at businesses that are independently owned, where the money stays in the community. Fuck starbucks. Fuck citicorp. I bank at a local bank with about ten locations. It's less convienent, but I don't feel like I contribute to the IMF and Worldbank as much. I don't own a car. I'm vegetarian. I wish I didn't give quite as much money to Anheiser Busch, but haven't figured a way around that one...

I think expanding real coommunities is important. I think offering opportunities to all races is important. Limiting governmental and corporate control. Corporations should not have more rights than individuals. Marijuana should be legal (that's kind of selfish, though, I just want the price to go down!). It would be nice if Africa could get a decent economy going.

What else? I don't know. I just think people should take responsibility for their communities, realize that corporations have NO interest in their wellfare, and make decisions with their purchasing power that say, "I respect human beings and my own fundamental right to a wonderful unpolluted life."

Oh, yeah, the media also causes a lot of mental pollution that they should take some responsiblity for.

------------------

*i'm in love with the modern world*

Wow! and all this from a Brit! tongue.gif

"b2bhassuchagenerousarseimeanheart"

cwm35.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

[This message has been edited by quanto_magnus (edited 04-26-2001).]

Originally posted by roadrunner:

Where to start?

I beleive in thinking globally, acting locally. I don't like the power corporations have over our lives. I like to shop at businesses that are independently owned, where the money stays in the community. Fuck starbucks. Fuck citicorp. I bank at a local bank with about ten locations. It's less convienent, but I don't feel like I contribute to the IMF and Worldbank as much. I don't own a car. I'm vegetarian. I wish I didn't give quite as much money to Anheiser Busch, but haven't figured a way around that one...

I think expanding real coommunities is important. I think offering opportunities to all races is important. Limiting governmental and corporate control. Corporations should not have more rights than individuals. Marijuana should be legal (that's kind of selfish, though, I just want the price to go down!). It would be nice if Africa could get a decent economy going.

What else? I don't know. I just think people should take responsibility for their communities, realize that corporations have NO interest in their wellfare, and make decisions with their purchasing power that say, "I respect human beings and my own fundamental right to a wonderful unpolluted life."

Oh, yeah, the media also causes a lot of mental pollution that they should take some responsiblity for.

Yeh we have similar views smile.gif I was babling on about the capitalist stuff a while back, not sure if your posting.. there all capitolist pigs on here though wink.gif

Quanto, if i can pull the same thing off with a different company it could be tens of millions.... you see so it's worth putting up with me smile.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Most changes, or movements (not THAT kind) were usually the result of a tumultuous society. 60's=Vietnam war (along with a lot of other history making events).

If nothing is is forcing people to think and react, they will stay stagnant.

Now that's not to say that nothing's happening. It's just either that we are indifferent to these injustices, or people aren't being forced to re-evaluate thier lives.

Unfortunatly, most poeple need to be directly affected by something in order to be a crusader against it.

Nobody's interested in rape until they (or someome they love) is a victim, etc.

You think that guy (Walsh) on AMerica's Most Wanted gave a shit about crime until his kid was kidnapped?

And B2B, if you REALLY want to make a difference, pleas start by changing your (my) underwear.

------------------

ambul1.gif

WAIT STOP...p00h HAS MY DRUGS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Most changes, or movements (not THAT kind) were usually the result of a tumultuous society. 60's=Vietnam war (along with a lot of other history making events).

Now that's not to say that nothing's happening. It's just either that we are indifferent to these injustices, or people aren't being forced to re-evaluate thier lives.

Unfortunatly, most poeple need to be directly affected by something in order to be a crusader against it.

You think that guy (Walsh) on AMerica's Most Wanted gave a shit about crime until his kid was kidnapped?

And B2B, if you REALLY want to make a difference, pleas start by changing your (my) underwear.

------------------

ambul1.gif

WAIT STOP...p00h HAS MY DRUGS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by cazz926:

LMFA®O, i though you told me NEVER to take the off Mistress?

Look out serious post by cazz, i have already made a difference.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

House passes fetus protection bill

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By JANELLE CARTER

April 26, 2001 | WASHINGTON (AP) --

Armed with the support of the White House, abortion foes moved their first bill of the year through the House on Thursday -- legislation that would make it a federal crime to harm a fetus.

The House, by a 252-172 vote, passed the measure after a lengthy and charged debate. Moments earlier, Republicans held off a Democratic amendment that would have stiffened penalties for assaulting a pregnant woman but not made harming the fetus a separate crime.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print story

E-mail story

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, 53 Democrats, more than one-fourth of the party's members in the House, joined Republicans in voting for the bill.

"Life and death should not be subsumed beneath a semantic fog," said House Majority Whip Tom DeLay, R-Texas.

Republican sponsors who brought the bill to the House floor Thursday shunned the word abortion. Rather, they characterized the measure as an effort to get tough with criminals who harm "unborn children."

"This is not an abortion bill," said Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. "Without this bill, crimes against these innocent victims will go unpunished."

Abortion rights advocates derided the GOP measure as a bid to get a fetus declared a separate person -- an idea they say was rejected by the Supreme Court in its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion.

"This would be the first time in the federal legal system that we would begin to recognize a fertilized egg, a zygote, an embryo or a fetus. That's what the bill is trying to do," said Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich. "No sneaking around today, fellas. We're going to have to put it all on the table."

The measure would apply only to crimes in federal jurisdiction, but 24 states have similar statutes. The House passed virtually identical legislation last session by a 254-172 vote, but the Senate never took it up.

President Bush has said he would sign the bill. "The administration supports protection for unborn children and therefore supports House passage," the White House said in a statement Tuesday.

Rep. Lindsey Graham, who wrote the bill, said the legislation has safeguards to prohibit the prosecution of mothers or people who perform or assist in abortions.

"It only applies to criminal activities," said Graham, R-S.C. "America is deeply divided about government interfering with the right to choose, but that doesn't mean we consider the unborn child an enemy."

Abortion rights advocates say opponents are treading on ground already covered by the Supreme Court.

Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California, who wrote the unsuccessful Democratic alternative, said her plan was constitutional and avoided the murky and difficult waters of the abortion debate.

"We know there's a disagreement about choice in the Congress but that doesn't mean you have to have an argument about choice on every single item," she said.

Indeed, the mood surrounding the bill has been emotional as both sides promoted their views.

In one graphic ad run in several publications this week by the National Right to Life Committee, a Wisconsin woman holds the body of her unborn son, who died when she was assaulted by her husband while nine she was months pregnant.

The woman, Tracy Scheide Marciniak, assails a Democratic alternative proposal that would stiffen penalties for assaulting a pregnant woman but not make harming the fetus a separate crime.

The bill is H.R. 503.

Associated Press

Oh, I'm not crazy about abortion, either. I just saw this on salon. Surely not a good sign. the more I read stuff like this and the other thread about cops that's up right now, the more I want to check out law. it seems like it's the only way you can really protect people. Anybody been/ going to law school? (Probably not, I don't think they'd have the time to post here!)

------------------

*i'm in love with the modern world*

Ok so the people of the world appreciate change. All the people who have mad a change are remembered through history. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Luigi_scarpone, Bob Marley, Martin Luther King will all be remembered for doing something original or bringing about change.

This ain't changing much at the moment. Normally times of accesive drug use goes hand in hand with change in the 20's & the 60's big changed were made to society.

My generation got fucked up, but chose not to affect anything. Again back in those days people got bored or pissed with system and music expressed those views and people took drugs and thought about it.

So do you think the next generation will bring about any change? I think quiet a bit needs to be changed about this world. When I have put things up in the past people don't seem too bothered on this board. Choosing to just say that's the way things are etc. But things have ALWAYS changed so there is no 'that's the way things are'.

So is there anything you feel strongly about? And are you doing anything to make that change?

------------------

b2b6.GIF

ok you wont like me for saying this but...

the more things change... the more they stay the same

..by that logic if you want things to really change.... do nothing! ..nobody before had enough balls to do nothing and live... we should try it .. THE BUM generation they'll call us

------------------

TëMA