Clubplanet Nightlife Community

restaurant recommendations?

i don't know how large of a group you're thinking, but there's a place called 'three of cups' that's on east 5th and first that serves some great italian food.

great atmosphere, very reasonable prices, always good special. i think the most expensive bottle of wine is $26. waitstaff is cool, they usually have some cool music playing. i go there all the time.

check it out if you ever get a chance.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Originally posted by peeps:

i don't know how large of a group you're thinking, but there's a place called 'three of cups' that's on east 5th and first that serves some great italian food.

great atmosphere, very reasonable prices, always good special. i think the most expensive bottle of wine is $26. waitstaff is cool, they usually have some cool music playing. i go there all the time.

check it out if you ever get a chance.

how funny, i went there on a date once. great food but a little more of a romantic setting. you said you wanted a fun place so i don't know how "fun" that place would turn out being. i've never been there myself but i heard of a place called lucky changs. i think the waiters/waitresses are all transvestites and stuff.

I dont know how far you are from hoboken... but theres this place called vale (the e has a little accent mark over it) its not too big but let me tell you about this fuckin food... i never had anything quite like it... slammin... i believe its along main streetin hoboken...its also a little pricy but its definetley worth it... cwm27.gif

What type of food are you looking for?

Sushi: Avenue A on Avenue A between 6& 7th Street.

Pan-Asian: Daily Chow on Second Street and Bowery.

Korean: You should know that one!

Italian: Tappo on 12th Street and Frist Avenue.

Spanish: Esperanto on Avenue C between 9th and 10th Street.

All the restaurants are fair with prices . . . I'd say no more than $20- $25 per person (full course). Also, they are all good with groups.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Those people who are uncomfortable in themselves are disagreeable to others.” — William Hazlitt

boobielogo2.jpg

Hey D..i've always loved Yafa Cafe on st. marks..yea, yea..it's a bit cliche' but if it's a nice night you can sit in the back yard and they can arrange a large "Reserved" group[ if you call ahead a time..

If you want 'goofy" (like Mugz) Mars 2112 is realy fucking cheesy ..so much so that it's fun! (where else do you take a ride in a UFO into the restaurant)

But if you want more AUTHENTIC Cuisine and like SUSHI try out the Japanese steak house on 9th(/) or 10th (?) you know ..the street with all the great Asian restaurants..

It's the kinda joint that lets you cook your own food and sit with your shoes off..

I actualy go there alot..

(and if you tell them your my friend I'll have them bring you out a special dish: BLOWFISH!) L*

just kidding..bona petite!

and have a fun weekend..

M~ cwm35.gif

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Cartoons are the real deal. I think humans are the FAKES!"

Depending on how big your group is, I suggest Cuba Libre. It's in Chelsea, on 8th Ave and 20th, I believe. SOOOOO GOOOOD! I've tried all the dishes and they are an orgasm of the palate. If you go there's one appetizer you must get, forget what it's called but it's like a corn patty. Not cheap but reasonably priced, very festive atmosphere.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Originally posted by mugwump:

..i've always loved Yafa Cafe on st. marks..

by far, hands down, my all-time favorite 24 hour cafe/hole-in-the-wall joint. atmosphere, crowd, food, etc. (fav's: shrimp scampi, kelast fettucini, carrot dressing, crepes. ::drool:: )

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-28-2001).]