Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's your opinion on the Trance scene in NYC

I just had to ask, lately I've turned up at some of these events and found that there's a huge Trance scene full of Russians & Israeli dj's in the city. I was not impressed kus they're just a bunch of cheezz balls with their zippie attitude ( as if trance wuzzz so happy & positive) NOT)))))))

I just dislike the fact that they dizzzz ravers & other kidz that're into different stuff. What's up wit that uh???? I remember back in tha days when the Rave scene embraced everyone>>>> you could run into goth kidz (GRAVER), punks, gay boys & girls and of course tha closet cases ALL packed in one huge party WHAAAAAAAT those where tha days!

I don't think the Tranze zippie scene is NOT gonna get to far with that attitude! FUCK'EM ALL Lossers

I dunno know about regular and underground raves here in NY area .. but as far as clubs go... Webster hall is the only true trance club..and as most of us know its pretty much empty...America does not like trance... and yes.. trance does and should have melody.... behold the power of the cheez! ...I think the reason why you picked up so much negative attitude is that you have a lot of it yourself... not to say that there are no negative [people out there .. its just hard for me to picture going to a party and hearing somebody complain about some other type of music instead of just enjoying the moment and listening to whatever they are there to listen to.... I love Goa trance... and pretty much any other type of phycodelic music... but I never rip on the hard house heads

PLUR

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

hmmm. go411, maybe it's just the way you're phrasing what you're trying to say - i can't understand what it is that you're saying. is it that:

a) you don't like the music in nyc?

B) you don't like the vibe that the promoters send out?

c) you don't like the vibe that the crowd sends out?

d) are you saying that most nyc trance lovers have a negative attitude?

and what's a zippie?

i really wanna understand what it is that you're upset about so that i can throw in my feelings, too, 'cause i happen to like trance and am finding a lot that i like these days.

Well what I'm trying to say is that the scene is WHACK but, the musix is great. I just don't like the way the make fun of Raverz when they promote their parties online. I've been told by sum promoter that I'm toooo 80's ha! and there is more than Webster hall parties going on! there are bridge parties, Loft parties and lots of bars

doing underground parties but, I don't feel it and I wanted to know if other people felt the same way or it was just meeee. I don't like progressive trance (like oakenfold) I dig psychedelic trance like kox box, juno reactor etc. It's not the musix it's tha crowd.

oh zippie means= hippies that are into computers & electronic movement and lot's of DMT AKA modern hippies

the problem with nyc ravers is that they tend to bring lots of bad elements with them.

thugs prey on fucked up ravers and the trancers don't want thugs at their parties.

That's not too difficult, is it?

ps its better not ot discuss too much about the trance scene. It's more underground for a reason

Close your eyes!

Tilt your head back and listen to the music...

And If you want to..

dance!

That's all (Oh..and smile!)

If more people did that..

there would be non of the attitude you speak of.

Which by the way you TOO seem to carry with your posts.

P

L

U

R

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Cartoons are the real deal. I think humans are the FAKES!"

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 04-26-2001).]

you're right I shouldn't discuss the underground scene..... that's going on in tha city. It was just a post, if anyone wants to listen to sum trance go to battery park on May 5th couple of dj's are spinning there for Mary J March)))) hopefully there will be no SHADE and everyone will have mad fuN.( kus it's freebie)

THERE ARE BAD ELEMENTS THERE TOOO AS FAR AS DRUGZ! NOT DIFFICULT AT ALL

Originally posted by George Glass:

the problem with nyc ravers is that they tend to bring lots of bad elements with them.

thugs prey on fucked up ravers and the trancers don't want thugs at their parties.

That's not too difficult, is it?

ps its better not ot discuss too much about the trance scene. It's more underground for a reason

be my guest and post the info about the

bridge & Loft parties... i'd love to go to one... also post up how much they usually charge at the door

As Far as bars go .. its clear why you're getting the attitude there... i dont know any ravers who hang out in bars cwm13.gif

------------------

Once You cwm39.gif You Can't Stop

TëMA AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

NO! MEE NOT TALKING ABOUT RAVERS>> about Trance headz)) I will if I hear anything >>> I'll let you know okey.

Originally posted by Unbound:

be my guest and post the info about the

bridge & Loft parties... i'd love to go to one... also post up how much they usually charge at the door

As Far as bars go .. its clear why you're getting the attitude there... i dont know any ravers who hang out in bars cwm13.gif

what exactly is the difference between a "raver" and a "trancehead"? i don't go to underground parties because i never hear about them; i go to raves because i hear about them. does that make me not a true trance lover and does my being a raver make me a sellout of some sort?

i don't think that a party has to be underground to be good, and a lot of underground parties aren't. i used to go to mostly underground parties in california and they got broken up too often. it got to not be worth it to drive all the way out somewhere (usually to a far away and secluded spot) only to have to drive all the way home before you've gotten your night even started, not to mention the money you blow on entry, transportation, and everything else. and when the cops wanted to get nasty, they knew how to do it.

the legal raves were just less of a hassle, and you guys have just gotta break down and admit that there's good music there, too. but i will say that the nyc scene sucks where the vibe is concerned, as compared to the SoCal scene, at least when i left it a few years ago. the hoods here in the east are wrecking it for the people who are partying for the music and, well, the party. the thugs who just hang out to get fucked up, fuck with people, and steal shit have to go.

i'm moving back out to l.a. in june, in time for insomniac's massive "electric daisy carnival," so i'll tell you how that is. till then, i'll be getting my last few parties on out here. if there are any you think are important for me to make as my last nyc hurrahs, PLEASE let me know!

smile.gif

No doubt! check out my new posting regarding this Sunday afternoon. Free party in Tompkins Square park, big line up of DJ's spinning from breaks to hardcore.

Well I really didn't think there was any difference between rave & trance but, when I moved to NYC in 96 I discover that they are a totally different scene. They dress like hippies most of them are Israeli's & Russians,,, they spin on mp3's or cdj's and they drink chai tea>>> you seen that movie beach that whole group that secludes themselves from everyone! like that))) they smoke dmt and do drugs just like everyone else. The only problem is that they won't incorporate themselves anywhere else))) which I find that to be pretty fucking freaky.... talk about CULT approach here ha!

Originally posted by weyes:

what exactly is the difference between a "raver" and a "trancehead"? i don't go to underground parties because i never hear about them; i go to raves because i hear about them. does that make me not a true trance lover and does my being a raver make me a sellout of some sort?

i don't think that a party has to be underground to be good, and a lot of underground parties aren't. i used to go to mostly underground parties in california and they got broken up too often. it got to not be worth it to drive all the way out somewhere (usually to a far away and secluded spot) only to have to drive all the way home before you've gotten your night even started, not to mention the money you blow on entry, transportation, and everything else. and when the cops wanted to get nasty, they knew how to do it.

the legal raves were just less of a hassle, and you guys have just gotta break down and admit that there's good music there, too. but i will say that the nyc scene sucks where the vibe is concerned, as compared to the SoCal scene, at least when i left it a few years ago. the hoods here in the east are wrecking it for the people who are partying for the music and, well, the party. the thugs who just hang out to get fucked up, fuck with people, and steal shit have to go.

i'm moving back out to l.a. in june, in time for insomniac's massive "electric daisy carnival," so i'll tell you how that is. till then, i'll be getting my last few parties on out here. if there are any you think are important for me to make as my last nyc hurrahs, PLEASE let me know!

smile.gif