Clubplanet Nightlife Community

METRO LOUNGE........SUCKS!!!!

Diana

Okay, I have not been to Metro in a while and I heard that it was pretty good on Fridays. Well, I decided to check it out this past Friday and what a JOKE! The music is TERRIBLE..............I suddenly felt the undying need to bash my face into the wall. The crowd is just ugly and completely clueless to what a club is supposed to be. That place used to be so much fun - what a shame! Someone should tell them to calm down the music..............hardcore techno is not for Jersey clubs.

I'm with you Drama....The music was definitely a little.....off? It was really hard to tell what type of vibe the DJ was trying to get into. All in all I still had a good time due to the heavy beverage consumption. And what's up with Anthony LaMont doing all the Jersey apperances? It's definitely good to see him/her here, I just never thought I'd see the day! cwm13.gif

First of all I know that the music that was played there is not technically considered "techno". All I know is that it is too hard for a small Jersey club. The whole vibe of the plus sucks - the crowd does not fit with the music and the music does not fit with the club. It is just terrible all around.

Tony:

Oh yes - I saw all of it!

I am still looking for a place in New Jersey that is worth a damn. I like Andrew Mendez, so Saturdays might not be that bad - I just think the club has lost it...........it was great back in the day - that day has passed. Every place you go is over run by the tackiest people in this state. Even NY is not what it used to be at ALL!

Drama not to cause any drama but you keep refering to clubs in the past being better mabye it's that your getting to old, I know things I liked 3 years ago I probaly would not attend now like the Tunnel for example, and the crowd may not be young but you may be older, I bet three years ago when you were haveing such a great time at Abyss, Metro, ext there were people bashing those clubs because they were once young and didn't reliase that they are older and it may not be there scene anymore. Just my opinion no harm ment

I dont know what your talking about. For a long time Metro has been the spot to go(not including Tempts during the summer). Right now nothing comes close to it. Abyss is dead, Bunka Sat. is big but off from what I've heard. River Street never compaired, different crowd. Joeys thursday is great, but there Fri/Sat is now way near Metro firday. It was a great move bring in Ritchy. I was not there this friday, but I have been there pretty much every friday and it has been great. The place is always packed and the music is alway great with tons of hot girls.

I have to agree. Metro is probably the only club in jersey worth consistly going to. The music is always good, sound system is great,that ice blast thing that they have , like twilos, is the coolest thing i have ever seen in a club. And the crowd is the only crowd that i like, besides tempts in the summer. And, drama ,you dont like hard techno music on fridays, but you like mendez on sat? I guess you must be geeting old cause the music on friday is great. Mendez plays alot of old stuff (which is ok sometimes) but every time i go there on sat he plays the same shit, but the crowd is older on sat. But hey, maybe its time you start going to clubs that are 23 and over, that may be more your speed.....

Everyone that went there on Wed. probably did not go this Fri.(I know I didn't) Im older too and don't like being with young crowds either, however Metro on Fridays is great and it probably sucked this past Fri. b/c all the regulars went Wed. and didn't want to go there again. As for Mendez playing old stuff, its his style, let alone he usually leads a classic house song into a new one with the same beat. I have heard spin for the past 2 years and he is consistant.

As for Alex being better than Richie, I don't think so but thats only because both are great. Where does Alex spin now????

Originally posted by tempkid:

Drama not to cause any drama but you keep refering to clubs in the past being better mabye it's that your getting to old, I know things I liked 3 years ago I probaly would not attend now like the Tunnel for example, and the crowd may not be young but you may be older, I bet three years ago when you were haveing such a great time at Abyss, Metro, ext there were people bashing those clubs because they were once young and didn't reliase that they are older and it may not be there scene anymore. Just my opinion no harm ment

Tempkid:

No offense taken. You are right, I am getting older and my interests have changed, but so has the scene. Don't get me wrong - I can have fun anywhere as long as I am there with my friends, but some of these places make it a chore. The crowds are just terrible and normally that wouldn't affect my night, but when I go out and get grabbed and slobbered on - it is kind of a buzz kill. Trust me if there was somewhere that I could go with an older crowd and a different vibe - I would be there, but it is hard around here and I am not going to confine myself to my house.

Originally posted by toni23:

I have to agree. Metro is probably the only club in jersey worth consistly going to. The music is always good, sound system is great,that ice blast thing that they have , like twilos, is the coolest thing i have ever seen in a club. And the crowd is the only crowd that i like, besides tempts in the summer. And, drama ,you dont like hard techno music on fridays, but you like mendez on sat? I guess you must be geeting old cause the music on friday is great. Mendez plays alot of old stuff (which is ok sometimes) but every time i go there on sat he plays the same shit, but the crowd is older on sat. But hey, maybe its time you start going to clubs that are 23 and over, that may be more your speed.....

Toni:

Acually, I like the old shit that Andrew plays - that music was from a great period in my life. It is happy music - the shit that I heard on Friday was music that you had to be on 87 hits to appreciate. As for the crowd being a good one - it wasn't on Friday. There were some guidos from back in the day there - I mean old school. They were throwing themselves around in what I think was supposed to be some form of dancing. Hey if that is what you like - this is just my opinion. I gave it a whirl and I will never go back. Personally, I think the music was better when Alex was there.

I VOTE TO BAN THESE STUPID RETARDED GLOWSTICKS AT THESE TEENY BOPPER CLUBS LIKE SOUND FACTORY AND EXIT. I MEAN I WENT TO EXIT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND IT SUCKED. ALL YOU SAW WAS A BUNCH OF TEENAGERS RUNNING AROUND WITH WATER IN THEIR HANDS AND PLAYING WITH THOSE GLOWSTICKS. I MEAN YOUD RATHER PLAY WITH THESE GLOWSTICKS THAN TRY AND PICK UP GIRLS. HOW RETARDED IS THAT? SOME OF THESE KIDS THINK THEYRE GOING TO THE OLYMPICS WITH THIS SHIT. METRO LOUNGE SUCKS. THE ONLY PLACE TO BE IN JERSEY(IF YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO)IS HOBOKEN.