Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Favorite club in Jersey

Joeserra has a point. Abyss is ok on a good night but does little else. Metro is a part of a hotel but that only means to me there is plenty of parking. Abyss had its day a couple of years ago. As for your opinion it sounds more like your on their payroll. When Metro sucks Ill be the first to say that but its been real good since summer ended.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen up lisa,

I've been to abyss a few times in my day.....and i have had fun in there.....But there is no way in hell that you can tell me that tsettos or any other dj that you have spinning in there on a REGULAR basis, not a guest spot, plays better shit than Rydeil or mendez. Any place that needs an MC to get the crowd going is a joke. By the way how is MC get bizzy Izzy doing these days? Tell him that I said Word up and that i got $2 jello shots at my crib. Please.....Abyss.....Every piece of white pill popping trash in sayerville and old bridge hangs there...... By the way....tell Manny the greek that i got this new song "Do it again" for him, tell him thats its a little old but he shouldn't mind anyway!

joe:

let's back it up to my first post ... i didn't mention anything about the music, richie or andrew... so don't even go there. i would think i am entitled to say i don't see what the hype is about, that was my point.

lisa

------------------

MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER ...Madonna 2000

Best club in New Jersey? Thats a bit too broad. I live down the block from Metro Lounge, and if you ask me, the crowd is the best on Fridays, and the music is the best on Saturdays. Take a pick. I think the "illies" are getting to some of your heads. Too much drama on this board. I wish it was the 60's with progressive house spinning and pure MDMA getting passed around like candy for free. No one would give a shi* and we all would be having orgy's at my place! :-)

Laters!

Tues- Docs

Wens- Abyss or Bunka

Thurs- Joeys

Fri- Abyss or Metro

Sat- Metro,Sound Garden,or Tequila Joes it may be a shit hole but a great place to get fucked up with your friends because you can get out of hand and not get kicked out, everybody gets fucked up even the bartenders and you can go outside to crackhead ally and mabye the little midget will smoke you up.

Sun- Joeys

but in the summer you got Tempts and Surf sundays, the best places to go in the whole fucking world on saturday and sunday.

The best club in NJ(and better then most NYC clubs too!). Only one answer! Lets see how many people know and AGREE.

Ready?

Clues

AC

$10 dollar cover (usually)

Awesome Music

You don't EVER get searched

That should be plenty.

[This message has been edited by cobrajoe (edited 11-03-2000).]

Metro??????......Sucks!!!! Abyss?????.....Sucks!!!!

Bunka's?????.....on Sat only...too many Indians trying to house you (what's up w/ that?)

Tequila Joe's is a shithole....if you wanna get fucked up....stay at home rather than risk your life in Newark.

And for my peoples givin props to the Loop... check out Duvel (the new Loop) in Botany village

Without a doubt - Metro. Did a decent job re-modeling a year ago, but if they made the lounge area similar to Roxy, that would've awesome! Also, music is much better on Fridays since Rich took over. Music still slams on Saturdays with A to Z spinning.

Originally posted by greg_white:

reply to this thread - why not, I'm in:

Some nice places to go right now in jersey are -

Diva Lounge

Loop Lounge

Tribeca

Joey's

Brass Rail

These are just a few little places I like of course being a bit older I enjoy the lounge scene a bit better than a larger club and the Brass Rail in Hoboken is just a restaurant/bar but it was my fav spot to start out at before crossin the river and hittin the city. One day Ill post a thread listing the all-time best clubs EVER in New Jersey - Boy, what a list that will be !..enjoy, peace Greg cwm19.gif

Forget it....

Mikey

------------------

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger......

Media32975.jpg

[This message has been edited by mikey_m (edited 11-07-2000).]

WOW....How old are the people in THIS Metro/Abyss Rivalry, sounds to me like a couple of 15 year olds going back and forth. If I was a club owner and saw my employees posting bullshit like this on this type of board...I would be humiliated! 2 different clubs, 2 OPPOSITE sides of the state...Let it go already!

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Good call! Everyone has their own opinion on what club is hot and whats not. I personally like Metro Friday's and Saturday's, but some do not. Anyway, I am sure everyone heard, Splash (AKA The Sandbar) is now opening up as "BODY HEAT" on Friday November 17th. Denny Tsettos is spinning. It should be good. 11 Marin Blvd. Jersey City NJ. See you all there!

Originally posted by cobrajoe:

The best club in NJ(and better then most NYC clubs too!). Only one answer! Lets see how many people know and AGREE.

Ready?

Clues

AC

Awesome Music

That should be plenty.

Is the answer to ur ? Studio 6?

cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm43.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by fkornre:

Ready?

Clues

AC

Awesome Music

That should be plenty.

YES! I love that place. You from Brick?

I used to live in Toms River. Studio 6 is legendary, fuck Abyss and other clubs like that in NJ (except Tempts in summer til 4am then Studio after!!!). Of course now that winter is here it's SF!

Originally posted by fkornre:

Ready?

Clues

AC

Awesome Music

That should be plenty.

YES! I love that place. You from Brick?

I used to live in Toms River. Studio 6 is legendary, fuck Abyss and other clubs like that in NJ (except Tempts in summer til 4am then Studio after!!!). Of course now that winter is here it's SF!