Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Could use some advice =(

tara19

Ok, here it is, I was with this guy for 10 months. We were so happy together (or so I thought). We did tons of things together. Were very close with our families and friends. Then out of the blue one day he tells me that he doesnt want a serious realtionship, and that he isnt seeing anyone else, he just needs time to himself. But then I find out that he went out with a girl on a date the very night that we broke up. Now 6 months later, he knows that I still have feelings for him, bc he was my first true love and he calls and emails me every now and then. Making comments about us "being" together, but doesnt show any real interest in getting back with me. He tells me that he talks about me all the time to his friends and family. So then if that is true why wont he get back with me?? Why would he do this?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

please dont!!!!!- hi how are ya?- you sound exactly like me- he knows hes got you so hes keeping you around til he decides he wants some-if you go back to him thats the sure sign to him that he can do whatever he wants and youll always go back- trust me!!!- this guy i just broke up with was my first ya know.. how devestated do you think i feel!!-thaqt such a great guy could be such an ass- i would never wish this upon anyone- dont do it to yourself- think about your situation as if it were happening to your best friend- what would you tell her to do?- follow your own advice!

hope it works out well- we're here for ya

jewelz

------------------

the most successful people in life only look ahead to the great horizon of possibilities----or could it be obedience to a structured way of life---you decide

Originally posted by tara19:

Ok, here it is, I was with this guy for 10 months. We were so happy together (or so I thought). We did tons of things together. Were very close with our families and friends. Then out of the blue one day he tells me that he doesnt want a serious realtionship, and that he isnt seeing anyone else, he just needs time to himself. But then I find out that he went out with a girl on a date the very night that we broke up. Now 6 months later, he knows that I still have feelings for him, bc he was my first true love and he calls and emails me every now and then. Making comments about us "being" together, but doesnt show any real interest in getting back with me. He tells me that he talks about me all the time to his friends and family. So then if that is true why wont he get back with me?? Why would he do this?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

He's doing it because you let him and because he doesn't care enough about you to either let you go, or to get back together with you. He wants his cake and he wants to eat it (pun intended biggrin.gif )

Seriously, you've gotta kick him to the curb. He's hangin on cause he's scared to be alone but doesn't want to commit cause he knows he wants something else. Like Caly said, just keep busy and forget about him.

And of course if you need help keepin' busy, I love gettin' busy biggrin.gif I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.

------------------

BAC

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,

perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Are there any guys out there like me that simply dont want a real relationship? one thats formal and you have to do things as a couple and hold hands as you walk down the street? i have had relationships, brief and usually superficial, based on nothing really, except sex perhaps...why is it that i dont want a real lrelationship....? its not like im out every night looking for a new girl to bang either....something to think about for me i guess.

im not a guy- but i had the exact same experience as you- man i dated everyone from the guess models to the dj's (not slept with though- i consider that special)- all at the same time- but when i met my last boyfriend- man did i fall hard- and it was all the way he treated me- i dont think ive ever been loved like that before- and i dont think ive ever loved a man that much before- this is def a first for me- hopefully no the last - but until u experience that- youll always be on a superficial level- i guess u have too have complete trust in the other person for this too work- but its hard to trust people because when u let them in- u become vulnerable to them and they can hurt- so besides my babbling- i guess my advice is to let someone in- dont judge them for there appearance (my big mistake)-but do choose them carefully!!!

good luck

jewelz

------------------

the most successful people in life only look ahead to the great horizon of possibilities----or could it be obedience to a structured way of life---you decide

Thanks for the advice guys. Pretty much everyone has told me the same you all have. I know I have to kick the a** hole to the curb and move on, it's just that it's hard for me to accept him acting like this bc he never did before. He was so nice and sweet to me. He is my first true love and it's hard to let go. Especially when he makes remarks that make me think that he wants me back =(

Kat7135672@aol.com

------------------

It takes a minute to like someone, an hour to get to know someone, a month to love someone, but it takes a life time to get over someone.

tara- i fell like ive told you my story!!- i feel your pain- and i was going through the exact same thing-hes till said he loved me-blah blah blah- and thanx to this board and from my friends- i kicked him to the curb- i just called him and told him what an ass he was and why he should be justified as a scumbag- and hmmm...well lets just say im still getting messages (i even got one today)- about how he really was and blah blah - i guess my advice- like tupac-said- if u let it go and it comes back...- im still not sure whether or not i need him in my life- but its nice to know i have the upper hand- but if u try this and he doesnt come back- then hes not worth it- at least u left him with something tothink about!!- dont be nice- let him know exactly how u feel and let him think about it!!- if your nce- your giving him the ok for him to walk all over u!!!

good luck

jewelz

------------------

I had the same exact sitch with my ex. We were dating for about 5 months and were having petty problems. I told him I wanted a break for a while but I didnt really mean it. Then he tells me we should take a permanent break and I was just upset. I couldnt believe he was treating me like that. We hardly speak, if ever. The only time I ever talk to him is if I call him....he never calls me or writes e-mails or even gives a shit about my life.....sometimes guys are complete assholes and its guys like that that turn me off to guys completely. I'm beyond that playing games crap you know? Whatever...I know what you're feeling Tara.....all I can say is keep busy and do things that you want to do...go out and have fun with your friends and stay away from the Ex....theres always the inevitable breakup sex but avoid it if possible....he sounds like hes keeping you on a string in case his dating games dont work out....

Calyandra@aol.com