Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Album, gives you chills, and truly means something to you???????????????

I know that everyone has at least one album that means something to them. Wether it is related to friends, bf/gf, a high or low point in thier lives. One which at a low, gave you strength, or made you believe in yourself, or one that just reminded you of times that will be etched in your memory and heart forever.

Mine:

Oakenfold- Tranceport.

The first time i was listening to tranceport, i was sitting on the floor of a now good friend of mine. He had told me that this was the greatest electronica album ever made, and that it had sentimental value to him. So Andy (az-tec), Mikey (tyco), and myself sat over some b-loads at andy's phatty apartment, after a long night/morning at Twilo, had a few laughs (texas girls), and enjoyed andy's 10am stringing lesson. This is a memory that will never leave my mind. It was during a time where my best friends either went back to school, or moved away, and i was in a place of lonleiness. And everything was great again. I had new friends. Even tho we dont hang that much, those two really mean something to me.

Also, with Tranceport....there is a memory that i look back on, and laugh about...that can put me in a good mood for days. When i was in Florida, after a long night of doin stuff, my best friend, his ex, and i drove back home....his ex went in and slept, while aramis and i stayed in the parked car...listening to tranceport, over a few bowls......just listening. It was one of those things that you may read and say "and?"

But we both knew right there at that moment that our friendship was huge. For us to enjoy such an expierience, without talking, was like making a HUGE connection.

Share yours smile.gif

------------------

-----"Embracing the goddess energy within yourselves will bring all of you to a new understanding, and value of life. A vision, that inspires you to live, and love, on planet earth. Like a priceless jewel, buried in dark layers of soil and stone.... earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time. Perhaps you are aware of those who watch over your home. And experience in this place to visit, and play with reality. You are becoming aware of yourself...as a Game master..........

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

i would definatly have to say "TEMPTATION".

An unreleased album by Christopher Lawrence that came out probably 5 years ago. It was on a city of angels recording and this album took me out of hip-hop or anything else for good and put my dumbass into this world we call TRANCE!!! If anyone could get this cd let me know....My shit only plays half the tracks these days because my fucking mother spilled gel and other shit on it!!!

------------------

"Beware of PHAZON" world_hj50.jpg

"The Future is Now...

forget the past...presents gone until the gorgeous night.

.Outraged, mindblowing nightmares....end up..

in the never ending.. FIGHT"

logo.gif

cwm12.gif RIGHT ON BRO!! cwm12.gif Tranceport is definately an album that means a lot to me. The connection we shared surpasses words.

If we are talking strictly trance/house/prog house, then my next one would have to be New Yorks Undergound Volume III. It's one that reminds me of a night at Sound Factory which possibly changed my life and I don't think that Albert and Meli(cha cha) would disagree that it changed theirs also.

If we're talking anything else, then Dave Matthews Listener Supported would have to be in a close race with Tranceport cause it has to have a whole burned into it from how much I've played that album. From roads trips to WildWood and Miami. As well as just around town with friends. Not to mention the lyrics in all those great songs.

Sooo many others, I LOVE MUSIC. It's definately the way to the soul.

------------------

..The judge said: "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die." Well I said not a word. Though it meant my life, for I'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

“Be off, you wretch!” cried Aramis, throwing his skullcap in his face. “Return whence you came; take back those horrible vegetables, and that poor kickshaw! Order a larded hare, a fat capon, mutton leg dressed with garlic, and four bottles of old Burgundy.”

twilo.jpg

Ayep, even though Oaky's Tranceport is a bit past its prime, it definitely takes me back to a time and a place that was pretty important, an event that allows me to be here today talkin' to all y'all...

Two thumbs up Al!

-D

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by exit2heaven:

i would definatly have to say "TEMPTATION".

An unreleased album by Christopher Lawrence that came out probably 5 years ago. It was on a city of angels recording and this album took me out of hip-hop or anything else for good and put my dumbass into this world we call TRANCE!!! If anyone could get this cd let me know....My shit only plays half the tracks these days because my fucking mother spilled gel and other shit on it!!!

I got that cd off of Amazon a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure they still have it. It's a good cd, but I think Rise is best work.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

When i first saw your post the first thing to come to mind was tranceport. For house-morillo session #10 gives me the chills and always makes me want to get up and get down.

------------------

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Mine: as korny as it is, Ibiza 1999 Year in Trance Vol. 2

I mean its just like greatest hits of the year mixed my Matt Darrey. And it still gives me chills, why? Because it was my first electronica album I've ever bought. After years of clubbing I finally came to the momentous realization that techno is not just something to listen to in a club. So I went to Virgin and after about an hour of searching I finally selected that album, knowing nothing about the music not even a single name on that album (sasha, pvd, etc.) At the time I was feeling real low, all my friends were either in school or had real jobs, while I had to drop out of Penn State for a year to make money to go back. So I got a waiter job in Chelsea at nights, and a webmasters job during the day. Worked 14 hours a day, 6 days a week. That album gave me hope, I dont know why, but I listen to it in and out, on the train, at work, at home, all the time. It was my only companion. Plus it opened up my eyes to a variety of music since it was a compilation.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

i would definitely have to say any of Biggie's works... especially because it reminds me of me and my cousin chillin in vegas on any of the times that i've gone to visit her and we'd blare that shit!!! she is originally from the east coast, so when i go out there, it's like an east coast thang when we chill together...

as far as house music,i really wouldn't be able to list, since like almost every cd has at least one song that brings me special memories from either going out here, in ny or in vegas...

------------------

round640.jpg