Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Digweed's House

Fuck all this talk about CC/DT last Sunday... {hides for cover}

Twilo is DA House That Digweed Built...

DT was a mere fucking guest at his house. So fuck all of you that didn't represent his GU CD party last nite.

------------------

Dreams - Action = Fantasy

Dreams + Action = Reality

Fantasy + Reality = Just look at my logo you crackheads...

ezlogo1.gif

exactly, where the hell was everyone, all of us die hard fans showed up and closed out...

Digweed put up an amazing set...from 2am til 5 or 6am, he basically played his entire set from LA, which is based on his latest GU...then from around 6am til closing, he spun this weird tech house which was mainly composed of basslines and rifts...VERY weird...i have no idea what he was trying to accomplish...but he did whip out Kosheen's I'll Hide U again for an encore...

Myrlin missed it...haha. biggrin.gif

------------------

never gonna come back down. . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Shadowchaser, glad to read your review. I actually didn't get to Twilo till almost 6 AM and I was disappointed with Mr Digweed. It was nice and dark, but really hard to dance to. Closed out the place too.

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

exactly, where the hell was everyone, all of us die hard fans showed up and closed out...

Digweed put up an amazing set...from 2am til 5 or 6am, he basically played his entire set from LA, which is based on his latest GU...then from around 6am til closing, he spun this weird tech house which was mainly composed of basslines and rifts...VERY weird...i have no idea what he was trying to accomplish...but he did whip out Kosheen's I'll Hide U again for an encore...

Myrlin missed it...haha. biggrin.gif

BaH....Need to find a new song anyway wink.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Fuck all this talk about CC/DT last Sunday... {hides for cover}

Twilo is DA House That Digweed Built...

DT was a mere fucking guest at his house. So fuck all of you that didn't represent his GU CD party last nite.

Digz is the man!!!

------------------

"Beware of PHAZON"

world_hj50.jpg

"The Future is Now...

forget the past...presents gone until the gorgeous night.

.Outraged, mindblowing nightmares....end up..

in the never ending.. FIGHT"

last nite was rather dry compared to what he did last month. it was still great music but not the usual bob and weave with a tease mixed in style i'm accustomed to from diggers. i left at 7 though so dont know bout later...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Basically, it's a very good thing Sasha will be back next month to play with Diggers. Don't think either one of them could survive long with the same number of followers as they have now without each other. The Dynamic Duo is back in full control of da house baby!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Nietzsche

good night..

GREAT that it was relatively empty

and yes i agree.. twilo is the house diggers built

but.....

danny rocked it like not other last week, not even diggers.. "he made the phazon his bitch"

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by perfecto25:

hey kidz, i couldnt make it yesterday, but did mr. digs play Way OUt West - The Fall? the best fucking buildup of all eternal time? shit i so wanted 2 go yesterday.. fuck me!

Nope, he used it last month but I dont believe it was used last night, too bad too, I love that song.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Okay guys, you're gonna kill me but....

...while I definitely heard some tracks that got me boppin, I wasn't all that impressed. (this was the night I got my Digweed cherry popped btw.)

Of course, anything after last sunday is hard to follow.

I had fun, don't get me wrong...but DT's set is a real hard act to follow. I *will* however, try out S&D again in the future :-)

-Oo

------------------

I am NOT a fag hag. I'm a fairy princess.

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

True that Digweed built twilo .. but it may be just as well that not that many ppl showed up.

That at least ensures that a large majority of the people inside there were Digweed faithfuls .. hell he`s not a money-hungry like say Oakey or someone, so it may have been just as well for him, he must have been happier this way.

I preferred twilo last night, I actually had some place to move cwm7.gif

Digweed is not the best, or my favorite, according to me, but in the world of all things clubland and progressive, and anything that basically doesn`t come out of Israel, he definitely is the best in that field. So, great set!!

anyone spot Oakie roaming around? i saw him upstairs in the vip for a bit.

as for following sundays set, i have to disagree there. there were people coming from vinyl friday night because danny was playing the same tracks as he did Sunday and friday at Vinyl. that's why i won't see DT until Miami because he doesn't change it up too much. Im tired of lady, caveman, the march, ruhe, the bagiou track, etc.

on the other hand, digweed will play a track maybe once before but never twice before unless it's HIDE U. he keeps is fresh as fuck and always trying new ground. the shit he played from 8-10 am was a bit weird from what I heard but it would would of been a serious head fuck for me. i don't mind the wierd shit at all...

Other notables spotted was Satoshie Tomeii (sp) John Creamer (they seemed happy when love in traffic was dropped) Stephane K, and Andy from global underground.

Digweed is the tightest mixer alive

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

i hope he was taking notes on how to dj. . .

Diggers skooled his ass. . .

Oakie keeps this shit up and he's not gonna have a following left.

------------------

Dreams - Action = Fantasy

Dreams + Action = Reality

Fantasy + Reality = Just look at my logo you crackheads...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by Nolimit:

anyone spot Oakie roaming around? i saw him upstairs in the vip for a bit.

as for following sundays set, i have to disagree there. there were people coming from vinyl friday night because danny was playing the same tracks as he did Sunday and friday at Vinyl. that's why i won't see DT until Miami because he doesn't change it up too much. Im tired of lady, caveman, the march, ruhe, the bagiou track, etc.

on the other hand, digweed will play a track maybe once before but never twice before unless it's HIDE U. he keeps is fresh as fuck and always trying new ground. the shit he played from 8-10 am was a bit weird from what I heard but it would would of been a serious head fuck for me. i don't mind the wierd shit at all...

Other notables spotted was Satoshie Tomeii (sp) John Creamer (they seemed happy when love in traffic was dropped) Stephane K, and Andy from global underground.

Digweed is the tightest mixer alive

Oh you know this response was coming, didn't you Diego!!!!

As for those people that left Vinyl and went to Diggers, they happened to show back up at Vinyl an hour and a half later biggrin.gif bitching about how bad he was.

Danny doesn't mix it up?!?!?!?!? That doesn't even warrant a response...Damn I haven't heard him play Caveman in ages!!!

Ruhe is only played once every now and then, the Bagiou track I believe I've only heard him drop 3 times total!!! Don't even say that Diggers doesnt play the same track twice...come on Diego cwm13.gif

Yeah Danny did play at one point a lot of the same tracks from the previous week, well lets see...he played what...11 hours at Twilo? and then Vinyl on Friday for what 11 hours again? After what he did to Twilo, he deserves a little break, and I'll be the first to say from 3:30 - 5:30 at Vinyl he completely lost me and his mixing had to be the worst I EVER heard him spin and this is going way back...(oh wait I sense a Caveman references in there someplace) smile.gif

Once he got back on point though, he mixed up old and new, tracks that haven't been played in ages, as for breaking new ground...I think Danny has broken enough new ground to go around...As for Diggers, my #2 favorite DJ I heard he was wack as shit too that night, though of course you'll get the people that loved it, but I think it was an off Friday in clubland, maybe Jupiter lined up with Pluto and made all the great ones have an off night. But to say Danny plays the SAME stuff ALL THE TIME is absurd, Diggers comes to town once a month so what you hear is rather fresh, more of a selection that you haven't heard as opposed to Danny playing every Friday night, how many good ground-breaking tracks can there be? As for Lady, that's a brand new mix, yeah he's proud of it and will drop it, but it's only been played for like a month. I hope he plays "Read My Lips (kop smack down remix) as much as the other stuff, once it's done LOL

You know me, and I'm not one that will only go to Danny and defend everything he does, but I had to say something about this...so when I see you Tuesday night, I'm gonna have to give it to ya without any vaseline ok bitch? And make sure you put me on the list for Lawler, cause after Limelight for House 101 I'm gonna bypass Vinyl and go to Twilo, think you can handle seeing me there sukka? Save me a spot on the bleachers cwm5.gif

- Pete"yaknowdiegowhydontyoujustbookmeatoneofyourshowsandillplaynothingbutguhongkonginnoparticularorder"

cool.gif

Other notables at Vinyl - Joe Clausell, he seemed really happy when Santessa - Just When I Needed You (Joe Claussell- Sacred Dub) was dropped.

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: ???

My new web site...Version 1.04a

[url]http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 02-25-2001).]

nolimit, i totally disagree... danny announced that friday was an anniversary and he was playing tracks from the last 2 years.. yes danny plays a half dozen or so big songs that are the hot ones every week, but id like to see you ID 25% of what else he's playing...I think people are forgetting that vinyl wsa PACKED friday and i think a lot of the twilo crowd was pulled to vinyl from last sunday.. Regardless, I heard a little of diggers set the last time he was in town, and thought he was great..but sunday will be a hard one to top...

Adam

------------------

House This! http://www.djadamf.com adam@djadamf.com

i think that was the best time i had so far in twilo!! the vibe was great and after like 6ish it really started clearing out so we had plenty of time to jump around smile.gif got to meet some more of you on the board to so thats always cool.....highlight of my night was when me and bimerus went to the bathroom, right when we were walking back down the hallway towards the dance floor....who walks in but the man himself, no more that 2 feet away from me!!! i was like AAAHHH SHIT!! THATS DIGWEED!!! bimerus didn't believe me at first till he saw his face then!!! i almost shit!!!! smile.gif

------------------

THIS SHIT AIN'T OVER TILL THE LAST RECORD SPINS!!

PLUR

aol sn: kshark81

tick1.gif

i got to vinyl late on friday, about 4, and i thought danny was a little off, by his standards of course. the place was def packed and had some kind of traffic problem which got in the way of dancing, but that soon cleared out and the sounds were top notch as usual, ultimately. we stayed till about 9:15, what time did danny stay on till?

i think something you have to keep in mind is the fact that diggs comes around once a month makes it easier to to have a drastically different show if need be. where danny is there every week, and the changes seems more gradual at times. but like adam said, it was a two year anniversary party.

one other question, i thought twilo was the house that Junior built, am i mistaken?

be cool

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

I also had alot more fun that I expected to..when we got there at 1:00 and saw no line..I almost fainted. I was expecting at least an hour wait...

I used to go to S&D every month in 97-98 ..a few times in 99 etc and I must say..the crowd has changed alot..I can remember sitting there with my sis and just watching the crowd in amazement with clubkids, ravers, models, euro-trash..just a very interesting and eccentric crowd all gettin down..not that the crowd is so bad now..just a change that I noticed..and if the music is good I wouldn't care if a bunch of gorillas were there...

As for the music..I thought it was pretty good..a little monotonous at times..but nothing the slightest bit cheesy smile.gif And at about..hmm..7:30 -8 when he brought out some techno it made me quite happy..

Thanks to shannah and her BF..you guys are the best.. smile.gif

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com