Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lawler @ Twilo

Is it just me, or are Lawler nights amazing at Twilo. I was there on Jan. 5 and again this Friday(3/2), and the vibe was incredible. I found that there was the perfect amount of people, and the music was amazing. He dropped so many phat songs. i think it was DJ Three who played Hide U, a defenite favorite, but i also heard Cevin Fisher's Love U Some Mor, of his NuBreed, as well as Medway's My Release off Digweed's LA, and even off Trisco's Musak off Communicate, and i am sure I am leaving some of the other great tracks out. Please respond, and let me know if anyone arees with the fact that it was a great night, with an amazing vibe.

Justin

OMG I totally agree! He was dropping some awesome deep grooves friday night. He's fucking incredible. I have never heard "I have a Dream" live before and it's one of my favorite songs to hear when it's done well so I was going nuts!!! And "Jack had a Groove" is always awesome too. I couldn't agree more with you about the crowd, it was a perfect amount of people, enough to make it fun but small enough where there was room to dance. And most of the people I talked to were pretty cool. I'll go see him any time he comes around.

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Acheiving a "brief fleeting moment of sanity" through MethoDs of eMpAthy -

"Music is the answer to your problems" -

"i have a dream' is called free at last. It was the future shock remix.

I can do without the vocal speech. I've heard it hundreds of times.

I thought DJ Three stole the show. Excellent set by him.

As for Quiver. Nice guy but he needs to stick to his productions. He was off again for the second time in a row.

Not a wise choice for an opener...

It's all about Star 69, baby! Love that remix.

Lawler was stellar, on par with his January performance. He was relentless, I could barely keep up with him -- the mind wanted to, but the body was not cooperating.

I was surprised at how small the crowd was, but that just means more room to dance. I think Lawler, along with Howells, are must see events.

Yeah, I could do without the MLK speech on Free At Last. And this might be heresey to some, but I have heard Hide U enough times already. Please, can we give it a week off?

DJ Three was a pleasant surprise, but Quivver, ehhh, didnt do much for me -- dropped Love in Traffic way to early for me.

We also heard Medway -- My Release twice...

Overall, I'll take Lawler's dark, sexy, tribal beats anyday.

Danielle - I'm surprised to hear you need a break from Hide You ... ha-ha ... thought I was the only one. It was nice of Three to drop it so early though, still can't believe Digweed closed with it the week before. It's a crowd favorite and it definitely got us pumped.

This definitely went down as one of the top 5 nights I've ever had in Twilo. The vibe was perfect. The music was banging. Everyone was so friendly and I met some really cool peeps. Even got an omlet and some OJ on my way home. Can we keep Lawler secret for just a little bit longer?