Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IM LEAVING FOR THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ON APRIL 7, NEED INFO

ANYONE HAVE ANY SITES OR STORIES FOR ME TO LOOK FOR IN THE DOMINICAN, IM GOING TO THE PUERTO PLATO AND IM STAYING IN THE PARADISE BEACH CLUB

ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

only info i got was from people from school who said you can't leave the resort...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

only info i got was from people from school who said you can't leave the resort...

THATS THE SAME THING I HEARD ABOUT CANCUN. I NEED REAL INFO

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

that's all you need to know. don't leave the resort. there's all kinds of snakes and rebel guerillas and terrorists running around the island. they especially like american tourists who dance.......no really....it's a cool place. i was there like 8 years ago..

damn, what the hell made you pick dom. rep. of all places??? i went there on a cruise and they blocked off a piece of the island just for the people that were on the cruise and strictly told us to stay within those parameters.. but as for you..

..don't leave ur resort.

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa

Whoa!

I was in the DR 2 summers ago and had a blast! I was at Playa Dorada which is where you will be staying. There were 14 resorts in the complex at the time...completetly gated off from the public. I stayed at the Gran Ventana (nice...) for a week with 2 friends. I had an awesome time partying it up! While you are there, definately get out of the resort area. Be warned, you will be hustled...but there are some cool things to do. First off, you must go to Sosua, it's about a 20 min drive-you can hire a cab from your resort and they will take you straight to the beach. It was beautiful there...I went scuba diving and got pics underwater! It's touristy, but fun. Try and hook up with workers from your resort, we did and they were mad cool. They took us on our first night to a club in Sosua called the High Carribean, and it was alright...better than the clubs in the resort. If there are girls going with you, be careful, the locals tend to grab women and claim their property for the evening.

Stay away from drinking the water (duh) and I wouldn't suggest eating too much food outside your resort. My resort had great food, and there is an open air shopping mall in Playa Dorada where you will find Pizza Hut etc.

I hooked up with a guy from NYC when I was there who is half Dominican and he came out with me and my friends and translated for us. Puerto Plata has some cool areas too, but you need to hire a cab to get there and the drivers will usually try and push a 'tour guide' on you. These guys will take you around to shops etc...they get commission for bringing tourists. They can be pesky, but they are safe.

DO NOT RIDE ON THE MOTORCYLES...they are all over the place. Dangerous as hell. As far as I know, there aren't any driving restrictions there so there are crazy drivers- be careful.

Most of the clubs in the resort areas open around 11:30-go around 12...12:30-make use of your unlimited drinks (all inclusive I assume?) until the bar shuts down at your resort cause drinks aren't free at clubs. Walk in pairs or groups. Playa Dorada is a gated complex but you can never be too safe.

One last thing, if you are supposed to meet with a bus or van at the airport, you go to them...there are usually people with signs etc, but there are these guys that will come and try to take your luggage as soon as you exit the airport. They will show you passes and say that they are legit. They will reach for your bags and say that they are with your resort. THEY AREN'T! They won't steal your shit, they will in fact bring your luggage to your bus-van-whatever and then ask for a tip. Tell them flat out NO from the get go. You need to be assertive and at times down right rude in order to be left alone there. Otherwise have fun! I had a blast...if you need for info or have more questions feel free to PM me smile.gif

just remember to tip airport officials checking ur bags and cops at checkpoints,,,,

that's the normal course of business down there, and makes everything smooth sailing

otherwise, stay in the tourist areas and you'll have a great time

to opala,

thanks for the info i appreciate it, im going with me and 4 friends, i know youre a girl, but how are the girls down there, and are there a lot of tourists, anyway send me an email of you have time its a lot quicker, just click on my link below, thanks

------------------