Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Straight edge clubber or Weekend Roller?

Just wondering? Which is the percentage of Rollers Vrs Straight edgers at clubs or parties on the board? what do you prefer and why? Did a bad experience turn you sober? Do you get bored when you are straight? What are the statistics?

my new way is straight.. on occasion i'll do a bump, but i have realised doin e just makes me wanna sit and veg out.. I am trying to dance more, so sober is the way to go for me.. and now sober, i dance about 150% more.. i love it its so much more fun sober!

i feel if i never do e again, i'm not missing out on anything..

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

my new way is straight.. on occasion i'll do a bump, but i have realised doin e just makes me wanna sit and veg out.. I am trying to dance more, so sober is the way to go for me.. and now sober, i dance about 150% more.. i love it its so much more fun sober!

i feel if i never do e again, i'm not missing out on anything..

TRUETRUE..Just keep on showing that lovely smile you have babe!

occasional E when I'm clubbing,,,,,well, oufcourse if it's there,,,,,,,,will have a good time eather way,,,,,,,,,,,do not love to drink all the times,,,,,I do love my red wine,,,,"god it's sooooo good"...at the end it all comes down to having fun,,,well,,

one should do what ever makes them happy,,,

ciao.

I love clubbing with or without chemical enhancement. However, it's so FUN to add to the night with some candy.... E is my favorite, always........ And I highly recommend trying it if you never have. It's not bad; I truly believe drugs aren't BAD, it's just the abuse of them that is. Your body is resilient and you're young and you'll find something new and exciting and way fun (our language needs more adjectives). I've never had anything bad happen because of E, unlike alcohol. And my memory and spinal fluids are still intact, too. Yum yum yum... Friday........

Originally posted by junglekittn:

sorry to burst your bubble but if you were "100% straight-edge" that means

No Alcohol.

No Narcotics.

No Smoking.

No Promiscuous Sex.

also, no meat and animal products for the "real" straight-edgers.

damn and i thought i was straigt edge. i mean i dotn drink, smoke, or do drugs. thats close enough.

cwm2.gif

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pimp by blood not by relation.

AOL J303J

Originally posted by junglekittn:

sorry to burst your bubble but if you were "100% straight-edge" that means

No Alcohol.

No Narcotics.

No Smoking.

No Promiscuous Sex.

also, no meat and animal products for the "real" straight-edgers.

Yea yea..and you would also wear an X on your hand and not move for fear of disturbing particle matters like some Budhist monks do.

What I am refering to is a less extreme version of the term "straight edge". But it is interesting to know that there are a few Moby like characters out there that are 100% commited. What I'm curiouse about is more black and white( and yes alcohol and Cigs are drugs also as is caffein)But instead of running a list of all the drugs out there I'll rephrace my question:

Do you use substances to have a good time? Do you feel you need them? And has anybody ever had a bad experience that made you change your night life style.

first of all, props to the nyc board for all the drama and interesting posts. the dc/chicago boards aren't very exciting.

I think everyone should enjoy an ocassional roll in order to really "feel" trance music, n I'm not saying there's no other way, but sometimes I think it's necessary. But then again, I had this one experience i/w I missed practically an entire set by Christopher Lawrence, who I was really looking forward to hear, b/c I was stuck in k-hole and had no fucking clue what was going on.

I guess my conclusion is: save it for another time when there's a good act you wanna hear, but if you're stuck in some no name club (like here in DC)- a good roll can't hurt.

i used to be a weekend roller back in the day like last year, but now i prefer to get hammered off the liquor and go out,

by the way good topic

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

I'm a weekend roller and loving it. Well, not evey weekend but often enough. I can go out straight but there' no way I could go all night or even half the night without some sort of stimulant. I just get too tired.

The music just sounds that much better when you're rolling too.

There are basically three categories of people in clubs:

1) Devoted fans who are there for the DJs and music

2) Hard core partiers who are there for the drugs

3) Clueless hipsters who are there because they've heard that clubs are the place to be (and the place to be seen).

I started off as a cross between 2) and 3), but now I've morphed into a 1)-2) combo. But the DJs are what bring me into the clubs now .. rolling makes the evening more interesting, but I've had some wild Red Bull/ephedrine nights as well (not that the use of those substances is morally superior to rolls or K or anything else seen in the clubs. At no time can I claim the moral high ground in any aspect of my life).

I'd love to go to a club on nothing but bottled water, but I'd fall asleep by 2am in that case. I'm an old man who needs his rest.

Can't say I've had a bad roll that has turned me off future rolls (yet?). Just gotta learn to control the urges and resist the peer pressure sometimes ...

... although, damn, it's hard!!!

That's my story ... anyone else feel the same way, or am I just a confused crackhead?

------------------

AIM name: noserotoninleft

CRACKHEADS OF THE WORLD UNITE!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR BRAINS!!!

weekend roller here.. .im sure ill be done with that after the summer though

------------------

"that pigeon is standing there like a f*ckin asshole!"

"i am mo jo jo jo!!"

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

Weekend roller here! Although that's a little misleading. Considering my present economic impairment I've only actually rolled maybe five times in the past year. To all you straight-edgers out there, more power to ya! I can no longer stay up till noon without some chemical enhancement. Plus it just feels so damn good...

Originally posted by melichacha:

ummmm.... me too! Right JJ? Yeppers.

ok i might have a beer here and a blunt there but thats about all. hehe

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pimp by blood not by relation.

AOL J303J