Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which one was better Austin powers 1 or 2 ?????

probably if I'd seen two under the same circumstances i.e no hype then two, but by the time I saw it after most everyone I knew had seen it and kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on I was soooooo over it...so for me definitely 1!

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

2 because Dr. Evil is the shit!!!!

evil-space1.jpg

Minime stop humping the "laser".

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

homerxray.gif

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by ricfutures:

2 because Dr. Evil is the shit!!!!

evil-space1.jpg

Minime stop humping the "laser".

ooOOOOhhHHHHHHHHH ssSShHHIITT!!!!

nice picture I might have to steal that and use that as my sig ya know but there's 1 thing missing.....my man Minnie ME!!!!

cwm41.gif

------------------

" bass in ur f...bass in ur fa...BASS IN UR FACE LONDON "

" Directions DIrections.." - GrOOve

aim:clubhead32

Originally posted by trancewhore:

Hey, wasn't you who said they hate stupid posts, JUST LIKE THIS ONE??

Hellz yeah but what else can I post...I just finished smokin a blunt and now im watchin Austin powers 2......does anybody know if minnies me is def gonna be in Austin powers 3???

just wondering

------------------

" bass in ur f...bass in ur fa...BASS IN UR FACE LONDON "

" Directions DIrections.." - GrOOve

PLUR!!!

aim:clubhead32

ooOOOOhhHHHHHHHHH ssSShHHIITT!!!!

nice picture I might have to steal that and use that as my sig ya know but there's 1 thing missing.....my man Minnie ME!!!!

There's no stealing on Clubplanet...

Sharing is caring

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

homerxray.gif

-Ricfutures

i think i'm one harsh-ass movie critic, especially when it comes to sequels.. it's RARELY the case that a sequel is better than the original.. and i hardly consider austin powers 2 to be better (overall) than the first. if you consider austin powers 2 to be better because of one certain aspect (say, because it was funnier, as posted above) then i don't agree with that either.. most of the jokes were remakes of the original jokes in the first austin powers (for example, in the first AP, dr.evil did the whole joke about "sshhh" and in AP2, he just continued the Same joke, using "zip it") there's no originality there.. i guess maybe the explanation for the "reincarnation" of jokes in AP2 is that, since the first one did so well, they figured that using the same schemes/jokes for the second one would make it a greater success, bc people loved the 1st.

minime was very funny but he stole the show, no doubt..

with sequels on the whole, i think that, in order for the sequel to be better than the orginal, it has to be better on the whole, and a good continuation of the first but also has to be Original work, and definitely not ripping off the first.. IMO there are very few sequels that were better than the first.. for example, i think that The Empire Strikes Back, Terminator 2, Rocky II (there are some more but none come to mind right now..) were better than the originals...

but anyhow-- damn, i can't believe i just analyzed austin powers 2... hahhah! biggrin.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa