Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BETTER CLUB FOR ASIANS?????

I would say Twilo has a lot of those types.......can I ask you a question off the topic though......

why is race so important to you? If you're just curious, I understand but if it's that your looking for a spot to go, what the hell difference does it make whether there are asian ravers or not?

Just a question....

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by aznproduxtc:

cuz things are just more comfortable around people that are like you.

That's why they got that whole asian corner at EXIT (the side opposite the stage).It's just the whole vibe... cwm10.gifcwm20.gifcwm19.gif

you're a dumbass. maybe if you were more secure with yourself, you'd be able to associate with people "unlike" you

Originally posted by deanna11:

you're a dumbass. maybe if you were more secure with yourself, you'd be able to associate with people "unlike" you

What's wrong w/hanging out with people that are like you? As long as they don't discriminate against OTHER ppl, there's nothing with it. If they like to stick to their own race, then let em do it. It doens't bother anyone else.

the main argument that people have against asians is that it SEEMS like we are segregating ourselves and sticking only to each other. like the whole Exit set-up. why can't asians get up and get to know others in the club? I love walking around at all clubs and raves, trading some glowstix tricks with everyone, regardless of who they are.

DON'T make this stereotype true by asking questions like what you just asked. one of the best parts of my clubbing experience is meeting all the people that are there, regardless of their gender, color, group affiliation, whatever!

if a club is providing the beats that you like best, who the fuck cares who is in there as long as it's people enjoying the music as much as you are? shit, when places like twilo first got started, there was virtually no asians-- i could safely say there was only a handful of asians in twilo when i first went ('97). so would you have not gone? do you go now b/c so many asians do? or is it really for the music?

but if you want to know where you could be with ravers, of all sizes and shapes, then feel free to PM. don't make racism worse by segregating yourself! ignorance is NOT bliss.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by aznproduxtc:

cuz things are just more comfortable around people that are like you.

That's why they got that whole asian corner at EXIT (the side opposite the stage).It's just the whole vibe... cwm10.gifcwm20.gifcwm19.gif

Oh, so all asians are like you?? and no people of other race aren't like you?? I honestly never understood the "asian corner" thing.......maybe cause I'm not asian, I don't know......I'm not upset about this it just seems a bit ignorant to me.......

Mikey

------------------

Originally posted by kitty19:

the main argument that people have against asians is that it SEEMS like we are segregating ourselves and sticking only to each other. like the whole Exit set-up. why can't asians get up and get to know others in the club? I love walking around at all clubs and raves, trading some glowstix tricks with everyone, regardless of who they are.

DON'T make this stereotype true by asking questions like what you just asked. one of the best parts of my clubbing experience is meeting all the people that are there, regardless of their gender, color, group affiliation, whatever!

if a club is providing the beats that you like best, who the fuck cares who is in there as long as it's people enjoying the music as much as you are? shit, when places like twilo first got started, there was virtually no asians-- i could safely say there was only a handful of asians in twilo when i first went ('97). so would you have not gone? do you go now b/c so many asians do? or is it really for the music?

but if you want to know where you could be with ravers, of all sizes and shapes, then feel free to PM. don't make racism worse by segregating yourself! ignorance is NOT bliss.

your da bomb...... wink.gif

Mikey

------------------

It's cool if you enjoy meeting different types of people - regarding race or whatever. More power to you. But if you just wanna hang with people "like" you - especially in a club setting where your objective is to have fun - that's cool, too. I mean, a lot of people tend to gravate towards others with similar backgrounds and common culture. Asian-Americans, just by living in this country as a minority, have a set of experiences - both positive and negative - that they share. That can be a bonding element. Most minorities tend to find a certain amount of comfort in that. So, don't knock Asians for hanging with other Asians. I don't think it's a matter of excluding other races - and certainly not related to one's sense of security. It's great if you have friends of varying backgrounds, but there's certainly nothing wrong with hanging with people you have things in common with, and race (or more precisely the common experiences and culture that often come with it) is a big part of that for minorities.

It is totally ludicrous to go to a club, just because there is a specific ethnic group there - that defeats the whole purpose of going clubbin in nyc anyway - One of the great aspects of nyc clubs is meeting different people from different backgrounds and chillin!!

Originally posted by keorim:

It's cool if you enjoy meeting different types of people - regarding race or whatever. More power to you. But if you just wanna hang with people "like" you - especially in a club setting where your objective is to have fun - that's cool, too. I mean, a lot of people tend to gravate towards others with similar backgrounds and common culture. Asian-Americans, just by living in this country as a minority, have a set of experiences - both positive and negative - that they share. That can be a bonding element. Most minorities tend to find a certain amount of comfort in that. So, don't knock Asians for hanging with other Asians. I don't think it's a matter of excluding other races - and certainly not related to one's sense of security. It's great if you have friends of varying backgrounds, but there's certainly nothing wrong with hanging with people you have things in common with, and race (or more precisely the common experiences and culture that often come with it) is a big part of that for minorities.

I can understand that but there's a line you draw at the point where it becomes self-segregation and exclusiveness.......that's negative and uncalled for and it just further stresses the fact of being a minority......I think a club(a good one at least) is the last place that segregation is necessary.......nobody is there to judge others, especially by race.......it shouldn't be pushed in that direction by groups becoming exclusive....IMO.

Mikey

------------------

What is the harm in hanging out with those that are like myself? I don't have anything against any of the other races, but it seems the Asian Americans of Exit are the only ones that are actually like myself. Granter there are a few others in that whole area, but it seems (@ Exit) everyone else seems to be into or one of the tits and ass crowd. If not one of those guido guys walking around with no shirt on