Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MY REVIEW OF EXIT LAST NIGHT

ALRIGHT I GOT IN AT ABOUT 2 AND WAITED FOR ALL OF TEN MINUTES ON LINE, THE SEARCH FOR ME WAS A JOKE BUT MY BOY HAD TO TAKE HIS SHOES OFF, AND NO HES NOT ASIAN AND HE WAS DRESSED IN ALL BLACK.

I HAVENT BEENT TO EXIT IN MADDDD LONG, THE CROWD WAS COOL AND FRIENDLY AND HAD ENERGY, AL THE NEW ROOMS AND THE LIGHTS WERE OFF THE HOOK, THERE WAS A GIANT TRAMPLANE ON STAGE WITH DANCERS DRESSED IN GLOW RINGS JUMPING UP AND DOWN

MUSIC WISE: IM THE LAST ONE TO BASH PEEPS SO HERES SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, I THINK ITS TIME FOR A FEW NEW RECORDS, I MEAN UNSPEAKABLE JOY AT 4 IN THE MORN ALONG WITH COUNTLESS OTHER OLD AND TIRED SONGS. OTHERWISE GOOD NIGHT BUT IF YOU WANT HARD TRANCE I SAY STICK WITH TUNNEL, IF YOURE JUST LOOKING TO GO OUT AND DANCE WITH GIRLS AND NOT CARE ABOUT THE MUSIC EXIT IS DEFINATLY THE PLACE

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

know exactly what you mean aboutthe music. I actually liked the way he played the established stuff earlier on, but yeah later on its different. Altho- my take on that is we are dealing with an 18+ crowd. they dont have as many venues to hear all teh newest hottest / most up to date tracks, so for them it becomes almost "commerical" to us.

just my opinion.

WHY ARE YOU BASHING DRAPER??? You make it sound like he has nothing else to play...

The kid wanted to go old skool so let him .. dont get on his case about it.. jesus christ... give him a break already. If Jonathan dropped that you know everyone would be talkin about it and loving it.. why do the rules have to change for different djs.

Originally posted by thorinaiello:

Nobody hates Exit more than Thorin Aiello right now and Capello is correct. Draper is an awesome dj and if he drops an older track who cares.....i was a trance dj from 1989 and i love hearing tracks from the "stones ages"....lol

peace

ta

please...

draper doesnt' "throw in a classic" here or there... he plays all old shit all the time..

he used to play tetris every damn week.. same as kiss.. and every scott project song known to man..

besides.. since when the hell is joy an old skool track?

you need to lay off the crack bro..

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

draper plays ALOT of new stuff, but also some old, just to get people hyped up. it's HIS choice.

now, last time i went to SF, jonathan dropped groovejet for the first time in awhile. i heard groovejet last year! that's an old song, now isn't it?

stop complaining;/

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

bah just go to twilo don't waste your time at other places

------------------

Who can take tomorrow Dip it in a dream

Separate the sorrow

And collect a ball of cream

The candy man

The candy man can

The candy man can because he mixes it with love

And makes the world taste good

Originally posted by ClubKid77:

Drapper just sucks, he cant mix, let me play exit and you'll think your listening to Diggers.

right guy!!

------------------

pillen.gif

bigeyes.gif

"You and Me,

and Me and YOU,

no matter how they

toss the dice...

they had to be,

the only one for Me

is YOU, and You for me...

sooo HAPPY TOGETHER...

so HAPPY 2+GETHER!!!

pillen.gif

bigeyes.gif

-Happy Hardcore

Originally posted by ClubKid77:

Drapper just sucks, he cant mix, let me play exit and you'll think your listening to Diggers.

even exit's main room isn't big enough for your ego..

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I know I will never win arguing with you guys.. but as for you who say he cant mix... that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life. some of u should actually go up to the booth and see the shit that he pulls off.. half the time you wouldnt even know that he wasnt doing it. i have a lot of respect for tony and i dont see why everyone is always hating on him. he rocks exit every single week.. thats 3000+ for almost a year. give him props already!

Originally posted by domenickcapello:

I know I will never win arguing with you guys.. but as for you who say he cant mix... that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life. some of u should actually go up to the booth and see the shit that he pulls off.. half the time you wouldnt even know that he wasnt doing it. i have a lot of respect for tony and i dont see why everyone is always hating on him. he rocks exit every single week.. thats 3000+ for almost a year. give him props already!

i wasn't hating on him... nor was my boy msoprano..

i think at times he really can do a decent job throwing down some hard joints.. but he's still pretty young...

and you have to be able to take complemnets like these... just the same as the criticisms like this thread

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by ecstatichigh:

i like tony, these assholes don't know what they're talking about, try goin into that booth, and see if u could mix better then him. I have experience with this shit, so I know when i hear what he does, theres fuckin talent there.

setlle down

------------------

hmr3.gif

Well I like draper after 3am, when he drops his hard joints, b4 that, its good too, cause he throws down classics. And since i started going to exit, every dj that has spinned there 75% of the time always played the same songs every week, i think thats what the owner and management want, I dont think its the dj's choice to throw lots of new songs on every friday or saturday. And those djs include Eddie Baez, Danny Tsetos (sp?) and others that spinned at exit b4.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Exit, Tunnel & SoundFactory r the places to be ;o)

Originally posted by domenickcapello:

give him a break already. If Jonathan dropped that you know everyone would be talkin about it and loving it.. why do the rules have to change for different djs.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO calm the fuk down on that note.. lol Thats almost like saying its not ok for draper to play zombie nation, but its ok for jp to play it? NOOOOOO I THINK NOT!

And for the dude saying that if he spun at exit everyone would think hes digweed? Hun get over yourself, if you were that good, YOU WOULD PROB ALLREADY HAVE A JOB AT EXIT? ORRRRRRR is that just a cute way to say all the people at exit SMOKE DUST AND DO WAYYYYYYYY TO MUCH OTHER SHIT.. MAYBE THE PEOPLE AT EXIT ARE MUTE AND DEFF???or shit, MAYBE TWILO WOULD HAVE HAD YOU COVER FOR SASHA WHEN HE WAS IN THE STUDIO..?

Hell wouldnt you be the guy opening for pvd or s&d? oh your not? guess your not that good then..

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

"take my heart or i'm gonna lose, if you walk away i'll never use it"

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.lipz.net" TARGET=_blank>www.lipz.net</A>

[This message has been edited by LikmyLipz (edited 03-11-2001).]

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

Well I like draper after 3am, when he drops his hard joints, b4 that, its good too, cause he throws down classics. And since i started going to exit, every dj that has spinned there 75% of the time always played the same songs every week, i think thats what the owner and management want, I dont think its the dj's choice to throw lots of new songs on every friday or saturday. And those djs include Eddie Baez, Danny Tsetos (sp?) and others that spinned at exit b4.

i am not a fan of tsettos.. but from the times i've been there he was actually the best as to being somewhat cutting edge..

P.S. draper does not play classics...

------------------

hmr3.gif

FIRST OFF I NEVER BASHED DRAPER AND HAVE ALWAYS DEFENDED HIM AND EXIT ALL THE TIME, THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME BACK THERE IN ABOUT 7 MONTHS AND THE PLACE ISNT THE SAME. DRAPER IS TALENTED AND HE IS GOOD, BUT HIS TRACK SELECTION AND I BELIEVE I SAID MANY OLD AND TIRED SONGS. THE PLACE DID ROCK BUT JUST LIKE MY REVIEW SAID IF YOURE THERE FOR THE MUSIC YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED, BUT OTHER THEN THAT I HAVE NO OTHER COMPLAINTS, TRY READING WHAT I SAID BEFORE YOU JUMP DOWN MY THROAT

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

yea there is a difference between playing old cheese and old classics.

But for all the cheese Draper drops, once in a while he'll drop a hardcore original or remixed track that can kick your ass.

Anyway, its kinda funny that Exit's both fri and sat nights have two djs with such similar styles, only Boris is more experienced and original dj. Exit should really look into booking some different dj's on Fri, at least to open for Draper. But that's the sammmmmmeeee old song I know...

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

Whoa.. everyone needs to chill out, he didn't just play Unspeakable Joy for the hell of it, if you noticed Lamont was on stage performing to that song, and to hera unspeakable joy after not hearing it for months was a treat.

I can understand where everyone is coming from if he played it every week, but this is the first time in probably over a year the track has been played on a friday night, and it was nice to hear it come back.

God forbid a name like Jonathan plays it, and holy shit "i was in heaven, yada yada yada" ... people just let it be, draper is who he is, if you dont like him, dont go.

if he is so bad, then why has he been at EXIT from the beginning and when it used to be Carbon and Mirage?

I dunno. Too much hate toward Dj's anymore, just goto club, bug out and have fun. Stop bashing.

------------------

"a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again"

yeah i have to agree. eventhough i only go to exit friday i cant say anything about the music sat. but can they really get a new dj. i cant stand the same shit every week. even when they had a no id night he played the same exact set he played the fri before. this is just my opinion.

cwm41.gif