Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why must people say "peace" when "'bye" is more appropriate?

hello?!?!?!?

why can't people say what really applies in a goodbye situation. something like "see you later," is what fits when two people part company, not "hope the situation in the middle east improves."

PLUR and peace are philosophies to live by, not words you casually throw out every time you leave a room or hang up the phone.

Originally posted by weyes:

hello?!?!?!?

why can't people say what really applies in a goodbye situation. something like "see you later," is what fits when two people part company, not "hope the situation in the middle east improves."

PLUR and peace are philosophies to live by, not words you casually throw out every time you leave a room or hang up the phone.

I guess your life must be really lacking in something if you waste your time sitting there picking apart a common phrase in attempts to be oh so philisophical. Does it bother you when people say "whats up" instead of hello...and when they do, do you look up into the sky and ponder the real meaning to the question?

Peace

peace2.gif

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

I just like "Peace" or "PLUR" when I am in the scene, like at a club. It fits that atmosphere better. I say "see you later" or "bye" in the normal 9-5 life.

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.d-jam.com" TARGET=_blank> djamfooter.gif </A>

the whole "peace" movement came from the sixties, when this country was at war and most of its people were against it. the peace sign and saying "peace" were a way to spread the anti-war message and to unify the people at home, all while supporting the troops in vietnam. homeboys throwing it out when they've just finished talking about any old thing demeans an incredibly brave movement that unified all kinds of different people and an important time in our nation's history.

Originally posted by djamnfx:

I just like "Peace" or "PLUR" when I am in the scene, like at a club. It fits that atmosphere better. I say "see you later" or "bye" in the normal 9-5 life.

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.d-jam.com" TARGET=_blank> djamfooter.gif </A>

i think, though, that djamnfx has a point; the idea can be translated into the twenty-first century, as long as we realize that it's different from what it used to be and we don't say it as much as live by it.

gravity - you've missed the boat. "peace" shouldn't have become "just a common phrase."

Originally posted by rparadox:

if you don't get it by now, I'm afraid you never will.

Peace.

We got it the first time at 1:56...

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places, I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?