Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Times they are a changin'.......

Well...I hate to say this but...

People have mentioned lately that this board has changed drastically. I was in denial. I said that by focusing on the good stuff, the good people and the kindness that is still here that this board really HASN'T changed.

I also said that if you ignore the BS, the BS eventually will fade away. Same with the meanness.

Welp, I was wrong.

I've already started to read and to post less over the last few weeks. Today, I've come to a realization.

Visibly...a shift has occured. More and more nastyness is being posted and seemingly, said nastyness is accepted by the majority of posters. If it wasn't....people wouldn't be proliferating it or tollerating it. I've also found myself getting very irritated and irked by many things I read here. That's just plain silly. I know I shouldn't take it personally or let it bother me, but it does.

With any luck, things will go back to the way they were. But I'm losing hope.

Guys, take this or leave it because its simply *my* opinion. Being caddy to eachother is a waste of time. Its not fun. Its not a sign of intelligence, popularity or strength. If anything, just the opposite of all three.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Well i have been posting for a while not as anywhere near as long as some people. But the board goes through stages we have good months and bad.. just hold on tight it may be a long ride.

It will get back to normal, everybody is different and want different things. I swing between being serious, taking the piss and drama because i have 12 people in my head all wanting to get out.. i whish they would shut up sometimes, i try to silence them but they just won't shut up.

smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Just to clarify...

Its not the offtopic posts that bother me. Or even some of the pissing contests that occur. Its the downright nasty attitude and personal attacks that I see being flung left and right that's getting to me.

It could simply be my perception, but it seems to be getting worse and worse.

And the reason it bothers me, is that in a community that claims to adore unity, fun, respect and empathy...its hypocritical.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Ooana, well, there are a few that I've noticed that do sling mud every chance they get... they toss that in whatever thread it amuses them and wait for the drama to unfold... not gonna name names, but I'm sure they know who they are.

If you ignore them, then the rest is normal. Sorta.

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

I've seen it change more times then shitty parties at certain clubs in the city.

It hasnt been the same for a /long/ ass time.

Oh well, who cares. We need to post more positive stuff, but unfortunately, I'm too busy to help!

So I cant criticize all that much.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

It's probably my fault Ooana......

People were all excited to meet me, and over the last few weeks I've met and no doubt offended a bunch of you......frankly I've been an over hyped disappointment

And this correlates to the love dissipating .......and the bitterness growing

So I'll put my hand up, claim responsability, and get on the next plane back to Australia, and the PLUR will no doubt return directly

wink.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

yeah, ooana, i've seen too much of it too.

when people post about scary things that have happened to them (drinking/drug mishaps, fucked up events at clubs), others have been too quick to criticize and name-call instead of offer helpful advice and pass along any wisdom they may have collected from past experiences. i think people need to take a few steps back before they answer these types of posts; those who start them are looking for ways to avoid these situations in the future (a very responsible and brave thing to do), not to be reprimanded, cursed at, and insulted.

Oh! You're to blame? Okay good, I'll give you 10 paddy-wacks and all will be good eh? <grins>

Ya silly Aussie!!!! :P

-Oo

Originally posted by boa_boy:

It's probably my fault Ooana......

People were all excited to meet me, and over the last few weeks I've met and no doubt offended a bunch of you......frankly I've been an over hyped disappointment

And this correlates to the love dissipating .......and the bitterness growing

So I'll put my hand up, claim responsability, and get on the next plane back to Australia, and the PLUR will no doubt return directly

wink.gif

------------------

ooana.gif

Originally posted by ooana:

Oh! You're to blame? Okay good, I'll give you 10 paddy-wacks and all will be good eh? <grins>

Ya silly Aussie!!!! :P

-Oo

Oo-err sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me

cwm32.gif

I wuv u ooana cwm38.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Just to clarify...

Its not the offtopic posts that bother me. Or even some of the pissing contests that occur. Its the downright nasty attitude and personal attacks that I see being flung left and right that's getting to me.

It could simply be my perception, but it seems to be getting worse and worse.

And the reason it bothers me, is that in a community that claims to adore unity, fun, respect and empathy...its hypocritical.

-Oo

I'm glad you posted this, Ooana. I was just having this conversation with someone today about the board. There are ways to disagree with ppl, or make points without being mean or rude. Perhaps I'm idealistic, but I really really like to believe that most of the ppl who go to the less commercialized clubs are genuinely cool - genuinely into PLUR. I don't know... it just really sucks that there are so many ppl that don't care about ppl's feelings. I mean- whateva - this is only a message board in cyber land so ya can't take things too personally, but you really hit the nail on the head when you said the nastiness and personal attacks r gettin to ya. Glad to know i'm not the only one feelin that way.

cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

Originally posted by weyes:

yeah, ooana, i've seen too much of it too.

when people post about scary things that have happened to them (drinking/drug mishaps, fucked up events at clubs), others have been too quick to criticize and name-call instead of offer helpful advice and pass along any wisdom they may have collected from past experiences. i think people need to take a few steps back before they answer these types of posts; those who start them are looking for ways to avoid these situations in the future (a very responsible and brave thing to do), not to be reprimanded, cursed at, and insulted.

exactly, I posted about a bad experience I had with alcohol last weekend, and there were a couple people that were assholes, and critisized me for it, and I was very offended. I really hope this stops. I want a place where I can talk about stuff without worrying about other people talking shit to me for it.

------------------

I'm the one with the whistle at Sound Factory

I have to say ooana its that you're a sweet heart. I think that people are evil for the most part and the true colors are coming out. It takes time to get to know a person and there is no way that all people mix. People should just choose to be mature about it. this is not a competition to see how many people you can meet, sleep with, and make friends. To me its about going out and parting till you drop, listening to music that brings cultures together.

I have met great people and I have met bad people I just choose to keep my rude comments to myself. I think other people should do the same. You cant stop it but I believe it can be kept to a min.

------------------

pharaoh.gif

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN EXPERIENCED

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

I've seen it change more times then shitty parties at certain clubs in the city.

It hasnt been the same for a /long/ ass time.

Oh well, who cares. We need to post more positive stuff, but unfortunately, I'm too busy to help!

So I cant criticize all that much.

oh steve my hero..

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

you have to come save the board... YOU JUST HAVE TO

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Unfortunately, Oo you have a really great point... But it is also pretty obvious that it's usually the same people who bring the drama. I think that more people are partaking out of despiration -- they're frustrated with the crap and hope that a reply might help settle things. People are indeed becoming more critical, and that sucks, but I'm doing my best to pull the cyber-comforter over my head and wait till it passes.

In the meantime, I still love all the peace- loving board members!

::warm fuzzies::

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35:

exactly, I posted about a bad experience I had with alcohol last weekend, and there were a couple people that were assholes, and critisized me for it, and I was very offended. I really hope this stops. I want a place where I can talk about stuff without worrying about other people talking shit to me for it.

hey, ecstatic,

i had read your post before i answered this one earlier today; i was actually thinking of you in part. although i didn't respond to your post, i thought that a lot of what was said in the responses didn't belong on the board. but i was also glad that you shared your story with us.

i think we still need to keep posting these very personal experiences in order that we may learn from them and help share our knowledge with each other.

*and some of it was pretty funny, too. wink.gif

Anonimity and the rise in the popularity of this board has drawn more people and with it more Trolls. Trolls are more vocal and noticable.

Don't feed the Trolls.

It's easy to take the bait, I have, but if the good, kind, decent people who care enough to give real consideration to the topics posted here get fed up and leave then all we are left with is no conduit to our community and a board full of back-biting ass-holes.

So, with my short piece said, Ooana, and all the other nice people I've met because of this board, please don't give up hope. Just stop posting on time-wasting threads. You can't change the trolls since all they wish to do is get a response at any cost. Posting to those threads or replying to the troll just bumps it or engages them.

This is still all of our's house (bad grammar, i know). Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy... I'm half crazy..."

-e

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01

Ooana, I'm a bit new to this board so I can't really relate to what you posted but one thing I can tell you...never to lose hope, never

cwm38.gifcwm20.gifwink.gif

ps yep I'm the same KingInk from Twilo board.

PLuR

KingInk

[This message has been edited by kingink24 (edited 03-14-2001).]

Ooana

I'm v. new to this board (tho old to several of its memebers-- too old, perhaps?)...and i have to admit that during the short time that i've been on, i have been- how u say- takin the piss?...(tho, most of the jackass comments i have made have been cheerfully aimed at myself, merely because i find that to be the greastest source of amusement.)

i just feel that people sometimes take things (especially themselves) too seriously...and waste too much energy wallowing in their miseries...c'mon, we all know that life can be shitty, but being miserable hardly makes any of it easier to cope w/....also, sometimes there are way too many inane questions on this board- where to state the obvious would simply be too banal- especially since we are all intelligent enough to know the answer--in these circustances a little bervity seems in order- where mockery, hate or disrespect may not be the intention at all... just a li'll bit of fun....that all...

... if i have unintentionally offended anyone then i do apologize....

..other than that, all i can say is- ignore the assholes, and the smartasses (like myself) and just do what u gotta do...let this board be a small sample of the world out there- w/ a myriad personalities all vying to be heard-....let them do their thing, and u yrs....it's not simply about love or malice- for neither can exist in a caccoon...but rather a colorful palate of different tongues- each w/ their own flair of speach and ridiculous view of the world- all trying to simply make the most of this life....thats all....so relax, it's seriously all good....

"Mob Mentality"

------------------

Nobody owns me baby!

New Mix CD available "5 HTP"

DJmikeDR@aol.com

Originally posted by petrol:

Don't feed the Trolls.

Cant say it any better than that. Ive said this before and people have complied and the board got better. Then they forgot and it got worse.

Ignore the morons.....Live longer....and rub my head!!

cwm2.gifcwm2.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

I was wondering what the exact cause of the "board lows" lately was. Perhaps that it's down so danmed often, people get frustrated (I know I do) and go over to the Twilo board. Or that there are just SO MANY new people (which I kinda like) but it's a little tough to follow everything and everyone. I haven't posted any of my stupid ass stuff in a while (to the delight of some people, I'm sure) but I think things will be back to normal one day. People stay and people go (Oh John58, we hardly knew ye!!! COME BACK DAMMIT!!) just like friends in life. I'm almost at the end of my line. It's been fun but it can't last forever!!! I've got a few good months left in me, I think......

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71

Well...I hate to say this but...

People have mentioned lately that this board has changed drastically. I was in denial. I said that by focusing on the good stuff, the good people and the kindness that is still here that this board really HASN'T changed.

I also said that if you ignore the BS, the BS eventually will fade away. Same with the meanness.

Welp, I was wrong.

I've already started to read and to post less over the last few weeks. Today, I've come to a realization.

Visibly...a shift has occured. More and more nastyness is being posted and seemingly, said nastyness is accepted by the majority of posters. If it wasn't....people wouldn't be proliferating it or tollerating it. I've also found myself getting very irritated and irked by many things I read here. That's just plain silly. I know I shouldn't take it personally or let it bother me, but it does.

With any luck, things will go back to the way they were. But I'm losing hope.

Guys, take this or leave it because its simply *my* opinion. Being caddy to eachother is a waste of time. Its not fun. Its not a sign of intelligence, popularity or strength. If anything, just the opposite of all three.

-Oo

You are such a joke.

------------------

Now let me see you work...