Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who here has ever closed the Factory??

Who's made it to closing and what time was it?

Personally, I've never made it till the end (but have always wanted to) and always wondered what it was like. I.E. How many people were left? What the last song/s are like? If they just turn the lights on and say get out?

My personal best is 11am this past Halloween.

IMO, closing is the best part of the night.. Although I love the really good stuff he plays around 4-7.. But seriously, if you never stayed until closing, DO IT. Just go a little later and you'll be fine. Unless 13 hour marathons don't bother you smile.gif

The music at closing is actually very different from the rest of the night. He usually gets into more mellow stuff, loves playing oldies or pulling out some stuff that otherwise he'd never play (DM remixes, old originals of songs he remixed (he played a PF original of Brain Damage!!!!!!!), club "classics", or songs all SF-heads love but haven't heard in a while). 11 to closing is a great time and it's usually better because the crowds are gone, and the people who are there are the regulars and they are normally much friendlier and happier than the crowd in the middle of the night. They are there for the music and it's funny to watch people go nuts to songs you would never hear during the night.

Closing is usually around 2-3, sometimes earlier but that's rare. He usually brings it down very slowly, mellowing down a little bit but sometimes goes back up with a crazy hard beat track. And then goes back to the happy mellow stuff, sometimes throwing in just an acapella.. It's great. You can always see Vivacious doing her thing on the dancefloor with glittery stuff and you can see people watching and smiling smile.gif Usually in a circle, all happy and dancing and singing smile.gif Steve usually gets a little funky with the lights and slowly the main lights come on.. Around 12 or so most of the lights are already on and I love that.. The music is not as loud, sometimes very low and again, it makes it so different from what you see during the night.. It's not very packed but there is always quite a large group of people on the dancefloor. You will barely find anyone in any other areas of the club, everyone gathers on the main floor and dances their butts off smile.gif

So my advice to you, if you never closed, definitely go. It'll be a totally different experience than what you see before 11am and you will be shocked smile.gif And hopefully you will have a great time too!

Ive closed the place..stood till 3:30 pm

They turn the lights on and people slowly leave. I wouldnt do it every weekend like some of my friends do.. the few times that I have were good nights.

------------------

...NYC on the MOVE!

many...many MANY times..back in 98 when I thought it was good...

latest...halloween 98..was open till about 3;30....

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

talk to the people in Allentown...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Mysteriouss,

What an awesome description!! Thats exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I used to go every Sat night back in 98 and would love to hear some of the songs from back then played again.

I usually get there around 4ish, but its always after having been out and drinking someplace else. What time do you usually get there? I even tried sleeping till 5 but couldn't drag myself out of bed. I kind of need to work up to going there.. Also most of the people I would go with would never make it till the end so rounding up at least one co-piolet would be pretty tough. Hopefully one of these days soon... cwm12.gif

Funny you should ask that question, I just happen to stay until around 2:30 this past Saturday/Sunday. It's very interesting, there are scattered people here and there like stray cats. He plays awesome! Around 1:30 he played Stranger for like an hour, it was like nothing I've ever heard before, there was even a performance. Then he played a Rolling Stones song, which I forget the name of but it was awesome, and that song 'why does it hurt so bad...' forget the name and most of the words, but let's just sum it up and say he was off the hook. I'm not sure I'd have the stamina to do it all the time, but it was well worth it simply to say I did it. Kept thinking he was done but he'd get right back into it, he was still going when I left. Only thing is they don't serve anything to drink anymore so I got a little parched but other then that quite an experience!

------------------

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

Originally posted by bionic:

Mysteriouss,

What an awesome description!! Thats exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I used to go every Sat night back in 98 and would love to hear some of the songs from back then played again.

I usually get there around 4ish, but its always after having been out and drinking someplace else. What time do you usually get there? I even tried sleeping till 5 but couldn't drag myself out of bed. I kind of need to work up to going there.. Also most of the people I would go with would never make it till the end so rounding up at least one co-piolet would be pretty tough. Hopefully one of these days soon... cwm12.gif

I usually get there around 6-7.. If I go earlier, it's tough to stay till 2-3.. And yes, the best thing to do is to take a nap for 4-5 hours and you'll be as good as new. Drinking or going somewhere before SF AND closing is pretty crazy if you ask me. If people are capable of doing that, I don't know how because I'd drop dead by about 10am smile.gif And as tough as it is to get your ass out of your soft bed in the middle of the night, I have no problem with that anymore (at first you could not drag me out of bed at 4am LOL).. But honestly, I wake up and if I'm in the mood to go, I have no problem getting up coz I'm all excited about going smile.gif I'm not gonna go for the next couple of weeks (miami), but let me know next time you're going coz I wanna see you get devirginized LMAO..

The latest I stay was 2:30pm. The music was great. I'm planning to go this Saturday. Hopefully I'll close SF. Let me know if you go, or if anyone is going so we can meet up. Bye cwm38.gif

------------------

Your attitude determines your action. Your action determines your

accomplishment.

A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it

back to you when you've forgotten the words.

Escasy@yahoo.com

I've never closed although the next time I go my friend and I are planning to stay til the end.

Last time I went from like 3:30-10. I could have stayed a few more hours but my friend came down too much and she was driving home so I didn't have much of a choice.

Around 8:30/9, JP was just amazing, simply amazing. and it just kept getting better and better. I DID NOT WANT TO GO!

I hope he's as good when I go next weekend. I'm all excited!

cwm41.gif

------------------

You're only young once

I only closed there once. It was the Valentine's party in 2000. We left around 2:00 or 2:30. I had spent the last hour or so just rolling around on the big heart bed! I was completely spent by the time it was over. When the music ended it was just plain weird. For me at least. It was like all of a sudden the madhouse turned into a big quiet room. People were milling around, slowly drifting out the door. It was very surreal for me. Such a contrast to what had been happening just minutes before.

I don't mean to make it wsound bleak or desolate, just strange. It was definitely one of the best nights clubbing that I've ever had.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by clubmanxtc:

IF U DONT DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOURSELF UP GOD BLESS U CAUSE I KNOW MY ASS WOULD NEED SOMETHING GOOD TO KEEP ME GOING.

cwm41.gif

JOHNNY VICIOUS IS GOD!

The music keeps everyone going.

[This message has been edited by BRIAN1500 (edited 03-16-2001).]

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I usually get there around 6-7.. If I go earlier, it's tough to stay till 2-3.. And yes, the best thing to do is to take a nap for 4-5 hours and you'll be as good as new. Drinking or going somewhere before SF AND closing is pretty crazy if you ask me. If people are capable of doing that, I don't know how because I'd drop dead by about 10am smile.gif And as tough as it is to get your ass out of your soft bed in the middle of the night, I have no problem with that anymore (at first you could not drag me out of bed at 4am LOL).. But honestly, I wake up and if I'm in the mood to go, I have no problem getting up coz I'm all excited about going smile.gif I'm not gonna go for the next couple of weeks (miami), but let me know next time you're going coz I wanna see you get devirginized LMAO..

You have a deal! I'll keep you posted when I'm going there next. I was there last weekend (went out beforehand) and just like you said was shot by 9:30ish. This weekend I'm headed to Vermont for some skiing and probably won't be back for a couple of weeks myself so I'll let you know... Miami huh? I'll be freezing on a chairlift and you'll be gettin tan - some things just aren't fair.. wink.gif

escasy: Like I said, I'll be away this weekend, but next time I go, I'll let you know too. I could use all the moral support I can get.

cwm12.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

IMO, closing is the best part of the night.. !

GRRRRRRRRR I never made it and I don´t think I ever will because I can´t go there anymore... ZZZZZZZZ.... what´s going on with you girl?? I am still waiting for sighn of life from you!!!! Miss chatting with you! And I miss Factory soooooooo fawking much.

------------------

AIM amallkavila

I miss a lot of things in my life... but the most of all..... I miss NEW YORK!!!

unicornx1.gif

This past summer trippintrance, flippin_e, andmyself closed out Factory many times... this was before discovering Twilo, but it's all good...

My memories of closing are warm and fuzzy - riding home with the wind vlowing through our hair, listening to totally random music... As the night would wear on the drag queens would come out and give quite a show... And all of my Factory memories tend to include hearing "Oompa.. doompa.." lol...

Best musical memory from Factory: Hearing "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson in the downstairs room.. That was my first roll, and it was CRAZY!!

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Closing out the factory - well if you've never doen it you should do it at least once... I don't remember how many tmes I 've doen it in the past but it's always been great....It's like he lets loose and explodes in the final hours before closing.. and the great part is that it isn't packed so you can dance you'r eass off without having anyone bump into you AND all that's really left are the regulars which is great because all the assholes (meaning the people who kill the PLUR) are gone..some are dancing, some just chlling and some just standing around with their coats on that can't leave until JP is done out of respect for him..AND because he's playing some great stuff... It's like nothing I've ever seen..

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

Originally posted by amalkav:

GRRRRRRRRR I never made it and I don´t think I ever will because I can´t go there anymore... ZZZZZZZZ.... what´s going on with you girl?? I am still waiting for sighn of life from you!!!! Miss chatting with you! And I miss Factory soooooooo fawking much.

Awww.. I wish you were still here too frown.gif JP has been playing I Wonder a lot lately too LOL.. It always reminds me of you! And I just wrote you a looong ass e-mail smile.gif *hugzzzzz & kissez* hun..