Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OH MY GOD I JUST SAW THE SCARIEST MOVIE OF MY LIFE!!!!

Has anyone seen Event Horizon????? How fuc*ing scary was that!!!!! It's right up there with Serpent and the Rainbow....I don't know which one is scarier.............

......ooh....nightmares tonight.....

<teeth chattering>

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by lextacy:

Has anyone seen Event Horizon????? How fuc*ing scary was that!!!!! It's right up there with Serpent and the Rainbow....I don't know which one is scarier.............

......ooh....nightmares tonight.....

<teeth chattering>

ill keep you company

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

True story:

I was watching Event Horizon a few years ago at my parents house, with my dog. About 20 minutes into the flick, my dog flies outta the room whimpering like crazy. I told him to "suck it up and get your hairy ass back here" ....He did eventually and kept hiding behind me at different parts of the movie. Point is, you know a flick is scary if you damn dog is scared as shit...and I thought it was a good-ass movie!

------------------

AIM: Spragga25

Really? I thought it was kinda lame. If you want to see a scary movie check out Requiem for a dream. Real boogie men scare me more than aliens(like speed and crack). That's what makes that movie so fucked up! So when are we going to a Goa party? We should start a roll call for one some time. what do you think? Peace~ Muggy

I saw that movie opening weekend when it was released. No reviews had come out yet and we all were expecting just a "little sci fi flick."

Under those conditions...that movie scared the crap out of me.

Many of the scenes were also shortened for the video release...some of the most disturbing ones.

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Event Horizon? I didn't really find that movie very scary.

Rosemary's Baby is the scariest movie I have seen, by far. Calm, subtle, way ahead of it's time, and brilliantly directed by Roman Polanski. Very few horror movies scare me like that one did; sometimes it's what you don't see that really scares the shit out of you.

Yes, Rosemary's Baby is a great film.

See, I found Event Horizon frightening not because of aliens but because it dealt with the paranormal. Most human minds are not capable of fathoming what is beyond our world. Now, I know this is just a film and I liked it, but because it was all unexplainable is what made it scary to me. And the graphics were fucked up too!

Serpent and the Rainbow was REALLY scary. I saw it when I was in 7th grade and it's all about Voodoo. That shit freaks me out more then anything!

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by spragga25:

True story:

I was watching Event Horizon a few years ago at my parents house, with my dog. About 20 minutes into the flick, my dog flies outta the room whimpering like crazy. I told him to "suck it up and get your hairy ass back here" ....He did eventually and kept hiding behind me at different parts of the movie. Point is, you know a flick is scary if you damn dog is scared as shit...and I thought it was a good-ass movie!

lol thats sooo funny..poor dog

------------------

Tunnel saturdays--->Foxyroxy guestlist

RoxyFoxycopy1.jpg

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Exit, Tunnel & SoundFactory r the places I choose to set myself free to the music...

See, as a whole, I didn't really care for the movie but it did have some scary concepts in it which made it a watxhable movie......Lextacy, great point about not being able to understand whats out there. Theres so much stuff out there that we'll never understand or see in life. I wish there was a way to change that...

------------------

Second pill of the night, and straight on till morning....

Originally posted by trancewhore:

See, as a whole, I didn't really care for the movie but it did have some scary concepts in it which made it a watxhable movie......Lextacy, great point about not being able to understand whats out there. Theres so much stuff out there that we'll never understand or see in life. I wish there was a way to change that...

Oh..but there is brother...www.rael.org

The storyline for Event Horizon had a great deal of potential. However, what they did with it was something far from justice. Certain elements of the movie (i.e. when the ship finally returns as a "haunted" craft) were left undeveloped. The actual part that held my interest was where the ship had been and exactly what caused the ship to become posessed in the way that it was. That topic was left up in the air, and it was hardly in a tasteful fashion. At least giving a glimpse of what kind of horrors the ship encountered would have been sufficient, but that was not even done. Reasons and explanations don't always have to be given in movies like Event Horizon, but it is always good to recieve a glimpse of what is incomprehensible. That is the purpose of the sci-fi/horror movie. Not everything needs to be seen in a good horror movie, but something needs to be provided so you can form an adequate mental picture. That was not done well in this movie.

[This message has been edited by rudeboyyouth (edited 03-19-2001).]