Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbers, post your opinion on Keoki here.

Always hear a lot of shit from kandy ravers, and occasional raver types, "Keoki is awesome""Superstar DJ Keoki""Number One DJ in America", etc.

Personally I think he's alright from the mixes I got online, but I dont think he's anything that special. He's got his established jungle rave/darkcore style, and he may excel at it, but is he really that great to hear live?

Club NYC, whatcha ya think??

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

A bunch of us heard and met him last night in upstate New York. We were dancers in the rave scene of a movie, and the footage will also be used for his video. He came down to dance with us, and was all in all a pretty cool guy.

In that situation, with a not so good sound system, and limited time to play (with stops and starts due to different takes and such) he played a pretty good mix. I was pleasently surprised, since going in I had absolutely no idea what he sounded like.

He started with some commercial trance, but got a deeper and darker later. It was like progressive house with higher bpm.

Definitely not enough time to form a solid opinion, but a I did get an introduction and thought it was pretty good.

We'll see when his new album comes out.

Peace.

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by furnace:

A bunch of us heard and met him last night in upstate New York. We were dancers in the rave scene of a movie, and the footage will also be used for his video. He came down to dance with us, and was all in all a pretty cool guy.

In that situation, with a not so good sound system, and limited time to play (with stops and starts due to different takes and such) he played a pretty good mix. I was pleasently surprised, since going in I had absolutely no idea what he sounded like.

He started with some commercial trance, but got a deeper and darker later. It was like progressive house with higher bpm.

Definitely not enough time to form a solid opinion, but a I did get an introduction and thought it was pretty good.

We'll see when his new album comes out.

Peace.

lol what he said...being a foreigner and all I was not very familiar at all with Keoki until last nite.....after a warm up track he got us all dancing like banshees very quickly for an hour-hour and half or so, and then was grooving around the dancefloor with Deanna11 (lol) , a little bit of superstarDJitis but certainly worth seeing live

cwm11.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

I have been listening to Keoki for years (have yet to hear him live). His a whack job...music is fast and hard. I think he is pretty good. When I listen to his stuff at work people just look blankly at me as if I am out of my mind for listening to him!!!

cwm17.gifcwm17.gifcwm17.gif

------------------

1006.gif

Hey, but Keoki is NOT full of himself... LOL

It was not a bad set for a short one... He started us off by mixing U2's "Beautiful Day" and we were all rarin' to go after a few hours of dancing in Club Parking Lot...

He definitely seemed partial to deanna11 -- I rubbed booties withthis little cohort with the spiky hair... lol

All in all the vibe was so great, they quite honestly could have played just about anythng and we would have had an amazing time... I'll have to hear more of this Keoki character before I can come to a real conclusion.

So, when's the next shoot? cwm35.gif

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

I hear that boy gets F-U-C-K-E-D UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Email: Andy_Zeee@hotmail.com

AIM: AztecNY

he is a shitty dj with a superiority complex who has a wacked obsession with saying that he is going to commit suicide during one of his gigs...unfortunately, he never follows through with it!

------------------

B L O W G O A T S !!!!

Postponed due to technical difficulties and shortage in the Maltese Marketplace.

Well this Summer I had the privledge to work a party at Limelight with both DJ Corbett and DJ Keoki

Keoki was good not what he used to be back then but Good.. hes really into breack beats and shit like that. I had a really good time.

THIS GUY CAN MIX trust me he is an awsome mixer people tent to look into the music too much and the dj'ing

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy

Originally posted by melichacha:

Hey, but Keoki is NOT full of himself... LOL

It was not a bad set for a short one... He started us off by mixing U2's "Beautiful Day" and we were all rarin' to go after a few hours of dancing in Club Parking Lot...

He definitely seemed partial to deanna11 -- I rubbed booties withthis little cohort with the spiky hair... lol

All in all the vibe was so great, they quite honestly could have played just about anythng and we would have had an amazing time... I'll have to hear more of this Keoki character before I can come to a real conclusion.

So, when's the next shoot? cwm35.gif

- meli -

deanna11 did real well to unset you from your throne as queen of the dance floor Meli wink.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Originally posted by boa_boy:

deanna11 did real well to unset you from your throne as queen of the dance floor Meli wink.gif

hahahaha! nooooo... if anyone watches her move, they'll know melichacha is our undisputed queen of dance

i was really confused by keoki's short set last night. i thought his style was hard techno. he was spinning some pretty melodic trancey stuff. maybe for the movie. i loved it, but it was just unexpected

keoki seems like a pretty kewl guy. his bf is hot. dayam

C'mon...club parking lot was fun...plenty of room to string right?

The guy with the spikey hair is Keoki's fiance. They are getting married in 2 weeks in Vermont.

Keoki was definitely a pretty nice non stuck up person for a superstar dj. He totally was groovin with us and Deanna11 (like they said) on the dance floor and was hanging out after it was all over.

I hear alot of people say he is not like he used to be...well, I guess people's style evolve and change, and it doesn't always go in line with popular tastes, so more credit to him for doing what he likes.

BTW, he seemed completely sober...I've heard all the things about him, that he plays fucked up, that he's late and doesn't show up, but he was on point last night.

JOOP!

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by cynstam21:

Keoki turned my friend on to smoking base - now he's a base head and has been for almost 4 years. Thanks a lot asshole! cwm23.gif

well, thats reason enough to dislike the guy. this is a small city...

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

ummm . . . the guy's got hair that matches my room (leopard print) . . . hehehe

actually, he was a lot better than i expected him to be - i mean we *were* all dancing (not like the cameras had anything to do with that, wink.gif)

and def. wasn't the asshole that i had heard he was . . . no stuck up attitude, he was all about trying to give us the music to make us dance our asses off. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Yea..Keoki was GOD at the Limlight back in the day..(if any of you youngin's where even around back then) I love his style now though..it's evolved a bit. I'm jelouse you all got to meet him. When's the video air? Hey if any of you want to see a great documentary where they interview him check out "Better living through Circuitry." It's all in all an excellent doc on the music and the scene. Keoki is in LA when he's being interviewd watering rosses with his little dog. It's fuckn hillariouse! The man's very intelligent though and they even show some old LL footage.

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 03-17-2001).]

So, perhaps Deanna11 and I should pull this tag-team action more often... Hell, NYC doesn't stand a chance. lol

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

So, perhaps Deanna11 and I should pull this tag-team action more often... Hell, NYC doesn't stand a chance. lol

- Cuban B -

sounds kewl! we'll have some tag-team dancing every friday at twilo, say to the right of the dj booth. hm, i wonder if it will look like there's a difference between tag-team dancing and battling ('cuz i dun battle)

Originally posted by deanna11:

sounds kewl! we'll have some tag-team dancing every friday at twilo, say to the right of the dj booth. hm, i wonder if it will look like there's a difference between tag-team dancing and battling ('cuz i dun battle)

I don't th9ink we even need to battle... just dance. Hell, if people wanna try to get up in the dynamic duo's faces, that's their own problem -- I'm there for the music, not the competition! (... unless it's boa_boy... in his case, it's ON... lol)

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

-- I'm there for the music, not the competition! (... unless it's boa_boy... in his case, it's ON... lol)

- Cuban B -

Aight Cuban B well I want my cake and eat it 2....I'm there for the music AND the competition.....so it's on baby, you betta bring it on the 14th B there or B

cwm16.gif

lol

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com