Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakey - Hamptons

Anyone fimiliar with Life in the Hamptons, this summer is will be called Space. Sound fimiliar? Well, the guy that is renovating it to Space is also trying to/or has booked Oakey for Memorial Day weekend. Anyone else confirm that? Checked his site but no luck...

If so, Oakey in the Hamptons? What a way to start 2001 in the Hamptons!

~R~

------------------

"If you have it really banging and then, suddenly, these amazing chord changes are coming up, it’s sort of like this deep chord breath, sort of like [exhales] ahhh! It’s just like a great feeling, you know? There’s no formula for it, though. You just have to feel it, and then like it." -PVD

Originally posted by p00h:

he played at the tavern last year i think, unimpressive from what i heard. wasn't there myself. i heard he closed with zombie nation. all the g-heads that were passed out actually woke up to sing along. now that a dj that plays for the crowd...

I was at the tavern last year for oakie. let me start by telling you all it was 50 bucks a person, $2,000 min. for a VIP table (yes, two thousand). the crowd was more typical of a regular night out in the hamptons than it was an 'oakie' crowd( in other words, it sucked balls). That being said, you know the music was nothing to special either. Put it this way, my group was outside on the poarch chilling on the couches (there were speakers out there)rather that on the dance floor for most of the night. Its a good thing, because you could bearly move on that 20 by 20 foot dancefloor anyway. The music was allright, but ive heard much better from himAll and all, it was nothing to special, and deffinatly nothing compaired to the latenight I went to at this massive house. then I got in may car around 7 and was in bed in manhattan by 9:00. my friends who stayed and slept there had so much traffic on the way back, it took the 8 1/2 hours to get back. oh, yea, hamptons are so cool --NOT

------------------

PLUR, PLUR, PLUR

he played at the tavern last year i think, unimpressive from what i heard. wasn't there myself. i heard he closed with zombie nation. all the g-heads that were passed out actually woke up to sing along. now that a dj that plays for the crowd...

------------------

My Eyes! The googlez do nozing...

Guest crystalmethodny

I believe some people I know is doing that party, and from what I heard they are indeed trying to book Oakie, DT, or someone of that stature.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by p00h:

p00h it was TERRIBLE !!! I was there.... the place is just strange to begin with.. imagine being all dressed up and when you get to the place it's a damn barn ! I mean it's nicer when you get inside but it's sooo small..and to top it all off the floor isn't even so the whole place is on a slant.. so the whole night you're thinking "am I fucked up" or "is the floor just like this?" and then you drink yourself to the point where the floor becomes even...damn....I wasn't impressed with Oakey either but I think it the venue had something to do with it.. .....

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Vampie

Do you know I love you?

LOL

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com