Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundfactory Saturday (3/17) Review..

this was actually my first time going to SF on a Saturday (always used to go on Fridays). i was really pumped, as i was now going to be able to listen to and judge JP's mixing and music selection for myself.

very early in the night (2-3 am), my boyfriend and i were chillin to the side of the dancefloor. he and i were dancing with glowstixx, and then these 2 huge security guards grab us FOR NO REASON. he gets searched, and we're both thinking, do we ever get cut any slack anywhere for being Asian? he didn't have anything on him, and one of the security guards apologizes, but the other just tosses his shit to the side. fortunately, we didn't let this ruin our night, as we've become used to being the target of searches.. cwm25.gif

i hate to say this, but i think my expectations for JP was too high. don't get me wrong, i was impressed with his music selection (he dropped Joshua Ryan's Pistolwhip early in the night and a lil bit of breakbeat, that's always a good thing!), his mixing, and he definitely knew how to work the crowd. his choices for vocals were also awesome, i am not a vocal house person, but that was definitely on point.

i guess my complaint is just that i couldn't tell if the next song was the same as the previous or not. it had that constant thumping baseline, which, i know that people love, but for me, i was expecting a bit more variety. i actually enjoyed the DJs in the basement better, and they had some tight breakers down there. who were the DJs down there?

and the sound system is definitely new! the bass is much louder there, but ouch! my ears were most definitely ringing at the end of the night. i commend all you true SF heads, that is some heavy bass in there you guys listen to!

the show with all the naked dancers, i could tell pleased a lot of people in the crowd, but i found it slightly degrading to the dancers. i concluded however, that they must make mad money and enjoy what they are doing, so that feeling passed. wink.gif

so overall, though the night started off sour, i had a good time. i was overall satisfied with JP's music, but i wasn't blown away like i thought i would be. i don't think that i could be a SF regular. but, i am not going to knock on the club, as SF still holds down a tight Saturday party.

now, who's gonna be at nick warren! back to my home. wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

This past Saturday was also my first time at Factory. I must admit I was a bit hesitant about going because of all of the stories and shit that people post about the place.

Let me just say this. I had the most incredible time. I got there around 2:30. At first I was a little overwhelmed about how easily I could probably have gotten lost in the place and how dark it was. As the night went on, it got better. As someone who had never heard JP play, I loved him! The highlight of my night was definitely when he played "Without You"!

Overall, I felt the music was great and the crowd had a good vibe going. I don't see why people talk so much shit about juiceheads. I was approached by guys but once I gave them the hint that I wasn't interested, they walked right away. The place was soooooo much better than I expected. My night ended at 9 am. smile.gif

I will definitely go back SOON!

Originally posted by myrlin:

Kitty sweetie....

Just had to say this...

"TOLD YOU SO"

Hehe....**ducks form the high leg kick**

No one ever believes us... cwm25.gif

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by pglkm:

sound factory rules!! plain and simple...march 31 12th anniversary..it's going to be off the hook...and jonathan peters is sick...and the people at the factory are as cool as hell...my friend goes to the factory by himself sometimes and everybody is cool he even has people buy him water sometimes just from talking to them...one time he hooked up a guy with some bombs with somebody he knows and the guy gave him twenty bucks just for hooking him up....just because all the guys have there shirts off it does not mean they are assholes..don't be scared of us...and if you can't handle it don't go..because we don't want you there anyway...

*yawn**

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

Hope breeds life, lose your dreams and you'll die

Originally posted by kitty19:

and the sound system is definitely new! the bass is much louder there, but ouch! my ears were most definitely ringing at the end of the night. i commend all you true SF heads, that is some heavy bass in there you guys listen to!

i know wut u mean about that sound system, i went to factory sat for the first time about two months ago and i could not handle the bass, my ears havent been ringing like that since the first time i went to a party...some serious bass, and the music comes from all different directions, i could of sworn there was a speaker right underneath me

------------------

ed_swing.jpg self improvement is masturbation..self destruction is the answer.

and the people at the factory are as cool as hell...

Okay so you say this........

if you can't handle it don't go..because we don't want you there anyway...

and you then say this.......

I demand an explanation for this oxymoronic babble.......

btw, shadowchaser that was a good one.....

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

KITTY: the second dj in the basement was dj cleveland! he rocks i love the deep house and ol school stuff he threw in! the first guy i don' know his name but level one is the best part of sound factory! THE BEST cwm41.gif

------------------

I want the real thing

NOT tokens.

Originally posted by allmine:

KITTY: the second dj in the basement was dj cleveland!

hey, thanks for the info! if anything, the guys down there definitely made my night. i wish it wasn't so freezing down there though.

Originally posted by shadowchaser:i order you to go to your room and listen to sasha for 12 hours...

haha, shadowchaser! actually, the first thing i did when i got back into my car after SF is pop in Digweed's GU 019. i was quite happy the way home. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I can't believe I'm doing this again, but here goes...

SF Saturday is a good freakin party but not until **AFTER 7am**, and JP and Cleveland are excellent djs IMHO. The system is whack as can be, but the music is still slammin IMHO. It's not Twilo, and it's not for everybody, but if I had the cash I'd do afterhours there every saturday.

Twilo Fridays is the best party in town, but not the only. See you all at Warren...

Hugs,

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

BSG,

Here it goes... without a descent system that won't blow your ears off... there is no point in listening to good music...

Kinda like listening to a great song on a shitty speaker that is blown out and all you get is a constant hiss in the background. Good music sounds like shit then, don't it?

Well, whatever... I'm going deaf as it is, don't need no lousy speakers to speed up my hearing loss.

------------------

Forget the dreams... what you need is a good nightmare to bring you back to reality...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

BSG,

Here it goes... without a descent system that won't blow your ears off... there is no point in listening to good music...

Kinda like listening to a great song on a shitty speaker that is blown out and all you get is a constant hiss in the background. Good music sounds like shit then, don't it?

Well, whatever... I'm going deaf as it is, don't need no lousy speakers to speed up my hearing loss.

What you're saying makes sense EZD, but I still really feel JP and have a great time at that party... hard to explain. I wore earplugs last time and it was coolio, tho a bit wierd... I've never had to do that before. Still they are both really good DJs IMHO, and whack system or not, I'm going to their party, just like I would any other DJs that I really like.

Hugs!

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

Originally posted by xxallottaxx:

ALLotta undercovers in there(more then usaul)

BUYERs

BEWARE!!!

DEALERS

BEWARE!!!

Susie

...I feel a raid coming on...

I know what ya mean! I'm getting the same feeling.

I'm neither a buyer or a dealer but there are way too many posts on this board about ppl getting searched. That can't be a good sign!

cwm36.gif

------------------

You're only young once

Originally posted by kitty19:

after i posted my review, i knew i was going to get it from you twilo dorks!

see yo asses at warren! cwm27.gif

more importantly, will you be at s&d at the end of the month . . .

prepare to battle again darlin . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

sound factory rules!! plain and simple...march 31 12th anniversary..it's going to be off the hook...and jonathan peters is sick...and the people at the factory are as cool as hell...my friend goes to the factory by himself sometimes and everybody is cool he even has people buy him water sometimes just from talking to them...one time he hooked up a guy with some bombs with somebody he knows and the guy gave him twenty bucks just for hooking him up....just because all the guys have there shirts off it does not mean they are assholes..don't be scared of us...and if you can't handle it don't go..because we don't want you there anyway...

Originally posted by dale77:

I know what ya mean! I'm getting the same feeling.

I'm neither a buyer or a dealer but there are way too many posts on this board about ppl getting searched. That can't be a good sign!

cwm36.gif

There is nothing they can do to keep the undercover cops out of there. That is part of the club scene in NYC. Just be careful and you will be fine.

just because all the guys have there shirts off it does not mean they are assholes..don't be scared of us...and if you can't handle it don't go..because we don't want you there anyway...

whoa, some hostility there? no one said they had a problem with the guys with their shirts off! no doubt, not all shirtless guys are assholes, if anything, some of them are very polite..

if you read my original post, i am all for SF, but it's not my first choice. and what kinda attitude is this, "we don't want you anyway"?? come on now.

Originally posted by eggmok:

more importantly, will you be at s&d at the end of the month . . .

prepare to battle again darlin . . .

eggmok hunie!! if you mention going to miami one more time on this board imma come to DC and kick yo ass! yo, i might go to Countdown 2001 the next day (31st) so i may skip out on S&D frown.gif see you soon though?

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

I wore earplugs last time and it was coolio, tho a bit wierd... I've never had to do that before.

LOL. I used to wear earplugs. Then I got to Twilo and got rid of them mighty fast.

Looks like I'm gonna need them again everytime I go to another joint such as SF. They should just hand out earplugs and condoms at the door. cwm13.gif

------------------

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

BSG,

dude, when are u gonna stop talking trash about SF already? Not only that these comments are getting old, you're completely disregarding other peoples' taste in music. You've made your point (about 5,000 times), let it go already...