Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ain't no party like an S club party... they been done for drugs!

So they are admitting that are stupid for getting caught?

I wanna see a celebrity get caught and say "WHAT?!?!" in a thug-like nonapologetic manner.

------------------

I can't dream for us all I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Three stars of pop group S Club 7 have apologised for being "stupid" after they were arrested for possessing drugs.

We have been very stupid - we know we've made a mistake and we're very sorry

Official statement

The act's male members, Bradley McIntosh, 18, Paul Cattermole, 24, and Jon Lee, 19, said they felt they had let their fans down.

The trio released a joint statement saying: "We have been very stupid, we know we've made a mistake and we're very sorry."

They were arrested, strip-searched and cautioned on Tuesday after police found them carrying a small amount of cannabis in Covent Garden, central London.

A spokesperson for the group added: "The band are gutted by this. They rate their fans very highly and they know that they have let a lot of people down. Now they're learning their lesson the hard way."

'Shocked'

The Metropolitan Police said all three had admitted the offence.

S Club 7's female members - Rachel Stevens, 21, Tina Barratt, 24, Hannah Spearitt, 19, and Jo O'Meara, 24 - were not involved and were said to be "shocked" by the arrests.

Family groups have urged broadcasting authorities to take action and asked them to remember the "enormous responsibility that they have".

The group were launched on a BBC children's TV programme, and a string of hits, including Reach and Never Had A Dream Come True, followed.

Their fun, clean-cut image has endeared them to thousands of young fans.

Sponsors 'disappointed'

The group have also proved attractive to advertisers, and recently appeared in a spot for BT.

The telecoms giant, which has a two-year sponsorship deal with them, said it was "extremely disappointed" to learn of the caution.

A spokesman said: "The company would never condone the use of drugs.

"Although the campaign of television advertisements featuring the group has ended, promotional activities will continue with no plans to terminate the contract with S Club 7.

"BT will periodically review the contract, as we do with all sponsorship agreements."

Another sponsor, confectionery company Cadbury's, said it was "very disappointed".

A spokesman added: "We are confident there will be no recurrence and regard this matter as closed."

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF