Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When you were a little kid......

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did any of you guys follow through with your dream? When I was a little kid, I had parent teacher career day in the second grade...Each kid got up in front of the class and talked about what they wanted to be when they grew up, why etc..and then showed a picture, whether it be a drawing or a magazine photo, of what they wanted to be...So, of course, all the kids wanted to be pro sports athletes, doctors, lawyers, architects etc...Well, when it was my turn to go, I got up in front of all these people and explained to all these parents and classmates about how I wanted to be a BANK ROBBER because they made a lot of money and it was fun to be chased by the cops! I then held up a drawing that I did out of crayon with a guy holding a gun with a mask over his face! My parents were so embarrassed they wanted to crawl under their desk! lol! We still laugh about to this day!

I've always wanted to be a cartoonist..although I never told anyone as a child. It was evident though since I was always getting busted for drawing funny pictures of my teachers. My perants eventualy got a phone call, however,wby my math teacher when he found a picture of him taking a dump on math books. Hey poop equals funny! anyway..now I'm an animator. I also wanted to be an astronoaut..which I guess explains why I do drugs! cwm35.gif

ChaCha's gonna be famous... and I don't plan to grow up anytime soon, so I have plenty of time to get there!! biggrin.gif

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

When I was a kid I thought I'd be a doctor or a teacher, or something working with little children,

Then I grew up and when reality hit, I realized that I want to make going on vacation my ultimate career.

------------------

You're only young once

I always wanted to be a plane pilot, until i wear my glasses and i saw my mathematics notes falling down... cwm10.gifcwm10.gifcwm10.gif So im going to be an architect...and i wish to win a lot of money for pay me some aircraft pilot lessons...

------------------

tomix3.gif

I used to tell my grandma I wanted to be a disco dancer! Well,still dancing but far from a career in it!

Now that I think of it, I used to tell her that Michael Jackson was my boyfriend too. Now thats frightening. <wants to bury head in the sand>

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

When I was really little, I wanted to be a nurse, just like my mom and I wanted to fix & build things, just like my dad. At the time, I didn't know what he did for a living.

When I got into high school I wanted to be a Tax or Corporate Attorney. Around that time I started to really understand what my dad did for a living. After some conversations with my father, I decided I wanted to be in law enforcement. (I know...Booo!!!) Well, I followed that plan for about 7 years. (Throughout college and eventually interviewed with some departments & agencies.)

Well, my plans fell through when I met my boyfriend (I always assumed I'd be single, which would cater to that lifestyle.)

So, now I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Any ideas? wink.gif

------------------

pc.GIF

I always wanted to be a rock star, not buy selling billions of albums, but by changing peoples lives with my music....and I'm on my way of doing that.....Remember your dreams are only dreams until you make them a reality.

------------------

"Evolve until you become Life..." GB.

people don't follow their dreams. if everyone did, we'd have extremes of failure and incredible accomplishment. no one wants to be an extreme failure

------------------

it's not simply cool but its the best way yet to make it through

some errors happen they won't go away

won't make us men in marked today

it has best considered as the greatest

yet remembered as the one who had not so much fun

as those who had not yet begun to get it right

ain't nothing wrong

everything all right

Originally posted by deanna11:

people don't follow their dreams. if everyone did, we'd have extremes of failure and incredible accomplishment. no one wants to be an extreme failure

ahh..but without failure..how would you know that you succeeded?... mistakes pave the way to learning and growing....

as for me....i have so many different creative outlets...i'm lucky that i've found a way to carry that over into my work (marketing)...and who knows..one day.. will that dream come true ......the dream was to be successful and famous for my work.... now it's just a matter of discovering what that "work" is.. smile.gif

jsc

Hmmm... the fewls. Who are these mortal fewls. My dear, you can follow your dream, you must follow your dream.

Dreaming is that part of you that wishes something so bad that you cannot help but go after it with all you got. A dream is but a goal to achieve. Without dreams you wind up leading the most monotonous and bane existence possible.

Your dream can be a simple one. But you should know your limitations and dream accordingly. You can't be a singer if you can't sing for squat, but you can go into the music biz. Get the meaning?

Your dreams can change as well as you check off each one. You have to dream... the hardest part is knowing what your dream is, if you don't know what you want then you'll wander around aimlessly, from job to job, from place to place, and that's a person without a dream, aimless and totally misguided.

You emulate the person who has suceeded before you. You learn what they did... avoid the pitfalls and that's how you go about it cause the road will be hard enuf.

In simple mathematic equation it looks like this:

Dreams - Action = Fantasy

Dreams + Action = Reality

-unknown-

Dream a little dream...

------------------

Dreaming that all poon tang are created equal...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by lextacy:

I used to tell my grandma I wanted to be a disco dancer! Well,still dancing but far from a career in it!

Now that I think of it, I used to tell her that Michael Jackson was my boyfriend too. Now thats frightening. <wants to bury head in the sand>

LOL!!! Funny you should say that, Michael Jackson was my boyfriend as well!!! (and this is when is was cool, i swear!) and i wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer!!!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Hmmm... the fewls. Who are these mortal fewls. My dear, you can follow your dream, you must follow your dream.

Dreaming is that part of you that wishes something so bad that you cannot help but go after it with all you got.

i've wished for things so bad that i could not imagine wanting to do anything else. but there are more important things than dreams sometimes. i find it better to maintain some apathy toward everything; this way, you can't miss too much what you had, and you can't regret too much what you will never have

i always forget my dreams when i wake up anyway

------------------

it's not simply cool but its the best way yet to make it through

some errors happen they won't go away

won't make us men in marked today

it has best considered as the greatest

yet remembered as the one who had not so much fun

as those who had not yet begun to get it right

ain't nothing wrong

everything all right

i always forget my dreams when i wake up anyway

I never forget my dreams... besides I always have a back up contigency dream just in case...

------------------

Dreaming that all poon tang are created equal...

ezlogo1.gif

Dreams changes as you grow. The key is never to stop dreaming.

For me, I wanted to be a fashion designer while I was in elementary and middle school. By high school, I realized I wasn't creative or stylish enough and wanted to be the next great editor of a fashion magazine, like Anna Winthrope at Vogue or do what Liz Tiberas did for Harper's Bazaar. I gave up on that dream when I admitted I didn't want to starve in my 20s, wasn't growing pass 5'2", and didn't speak French or Italian. I somehow wound up studying Economics in college and am now in Equity Research on Wall Street. This is a pretty awesome gig for someone right out of school so I think I'll stick around for a while, but I'm thinking ... back for my MBA in a few years (no work and full time student again, hell ya!) and then I want to be a CEO, of what I don't know, but I've noticed I like careers where I'm in total control. wink.gif

When I was young, I wanted to be a trust fund kid for my entire life. It all would have worked out, too, if my parents had been extremely wealthy.

I never dreamt of being in investment and merchant banking and avoided everything finance that i could in college... but here i am.

Life's little plot twists, keepin me on my toes.

------------------

ebreak.gif

When i was 5 i wanted to either be a fireman or an octopus. Either one would have been fine with me.

These days I just want to work in a museum, but I'ld still be cool with being an octopus.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01