Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Choose one....Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro?

I'm with GM. I have a 95 Formula with Ttops and 6sp manual. She'll spank any Stang out there. 5.0 look like boxes not shape at all. BTW 2K Camaro or Firebird will rip any stang a new ass out of the box.

------------------

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark & Deep

But I Have Promises To Keep And Miles to Go Before I Sleep..

Robert Frost

Originally posted by cubano43:

I'm with GM. I have a 95 Formula with Ttops and 6sp manual. She'll spank any Stang out there. 5.0 look like boxes not shape at all. BTW 2K Camaro or Firebird will rip any stang a new ass out of the box.

not the cobra

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

hmr3.gif

2K Camaro or Firebird could eat a Cobra with not problem. Check out any Car & Driver when they did the 1/4 mile. Beat the Cobra by .3-.4. Guess what the Cobra R limited edition ran the quater in 13.2 and cost 80K. A new T/A runs it in 13.4 and cost 30K. It looks much meaner.

------------------

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark & Deep

But I Have Promises To Keep And Miles to Go Before I Sleep..

Robert Frost

Wow, a GM vs. Ford on the clubplanet boards. Who'd have ever guessed? Well, if I were to choose ANY Mustang against ANY Camaro I would have to go with the Yenko Camaro that had a 427 aluminum engine. It was either a '68 or '69 (ichi, help me out here) Although I have to give a ton of props to the old Mustang 428's and 429's since they were fast as FUCK. Also, in terms of looks, nothing could quite compare to the '67 Fastback (Johnny Depp's car in 21 Jumpstreet) but I would be remiss in my Crackornian duties if I didn't vote for the GM since I've worked on and built many more small block Chevy's than any kind of Ford. However, NONE of anyone's car will ever be able to beat my '47 Fleetmaster. I'm prepping yet ANOTHER engine for it (500 Cadillac- '76 block, '68 heads and manifold, and a 4 speed Borg Warner until I could find a good six speed that will handle 550 lb-ft!!!) Get your engine ready children.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71

Originally posted by Crackorn:

Wow, a GM vs. Ford on the clubplanet boards. Who'd have ever guessed? Well, if I were to choose ANY Mustang against ANY Camaro I would have to go with the Yenko Camaro that had a 427 aluminum engine. It was either a '68 or '69 (ichi, help me out here) Although I have to give a ton of props to the old Mustang 428's and 429's since they were fast as FUCK. Also, in terms of looks, nothing could quite compare to the '67 Fastback (Johnny Depp's car in 21 Jumpstreet) but I would be remiss in my Crackornian duties if I didn't vote for the GM since I've worked on and built many more small block Chevy's than any kind of Ford. However, NONE of anyone's car will ever be able to beat my '47 Fleetmaster. I'm prepping yet ANOTHER engine for it (500 Cadillac- '76 block, '68 heads and manifold, and a 4 speed Borg Warner until I could find a good six speed that will handle 550 lb-ft!!!) Get your engine ready children.

take the '69 Yenko with 427-435hp rat in it, the 68 had drum/drum and 69 was disc/drum. don't fuck with a yenko, though, they're worth way too much now.

67 Mustang fastback was hot shit with the 390 in it (Bullitt - Steve McQueen) but you really want a 68, when Ford stuck the 428SCJ in. now thake that 428 and slap a set of 427 wedge heads with a medium-riser intake and the dual quads, you would not be able to keep rear tires on the car.

As for new cars, the SS Camaro (WU8) walks on the Mustang Cobra, sad to say. Especially the Camaro, once you say "Y1Y, please!" and start ordering from the SLP book. Ford's SVT just has nothing to compare, except the Cobra R, at over 2x the price, and not generally available (only 300 built, for christ's sake.)

As for all the rest of this discussion, fuck the GT-40s and AC Cobras and Vettes and mopars, this is Camaro vs. Mustang. Cubano, the '69 vette roadster had the option of the 427-435, the convertible had the option of the 454-460. '69 chevelle had the 427-435, and 70 chevelle had the 454-460. Regardless, these cars are neither Mustangs nor Camaros.

------------------

ebreak.gif

I didn't even realize the 454 was offered in any Vette until 72 when the "detuning" began. Bastards. Why would anyone fuck with compression ratios or octane availability? Are we really that much better off right now? (Environmentalists please do not respond to this) 427 heads on a 428? I've got way too much to learn because if anyone ever asked me if this were possible I would tell them no way! As far as the new cars go, I would love to see how the Mustangs or Camaros would perform with a single turbo. I'm guessing they leave the compression relatively low (8.5? I may be wrong...) and with a small turbo ( 8 lbs boost) you prob wouldn't have to go too crazy with the octane boosters. Plus they only boost under heavy throttle so your every day driving/mileage won't suffer! I'm sure the chip would have to be changed plus the entire exhaust system would have to be reworked. While you're spending all that cash, might as well add an intercooler too.........

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71