Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Warren/Sander/FEOS at Twilo

Guest danwang

Yea..I think it was a late night for everyone.

I left a bit earlier than the other guys I met there (5:30) but from what I understand people stuck around till 11:00 or noon. My reviews...ummm. well let's just say that I've had a better time listening to Waren on my stereo or headphones than live. He WAS good but I guess I expected something epic from a man that's writen up as some kind of turntable wizard of Trance. I've hear S&D kick his ass on a bad night. I fealt that his transitions where OK but his selection was too generic. I'm sick of hearing the same fucking tracks every weekend from the Global Underground gang. He DID drop some more "techy" shit towards the end but in general he did't surprise me or make me say.."Holly shit this guy is amazing". I like creativity in a set. For example I much prefer Timo Mas, Seb Fontaine< Anthony Papa and the "nu Breed" gang at Twilo. They atleast get freeky once in a while and dip down dark long enough to get you all deep into a sound and then.. BOOM yank you out with a surprise with a fucked up track that makes you do a touble take and yet gets you dancing. Warren kinda kept it on platoe and then just faded out. I don't know..I was much more impressed by Sanders who's phat harder beats kept me moving. I guess I was also very distracted by all the club planet headz that I met that night. What a great group of guys y'all. No honestly..I had a great time meeting all of you and getting to see the face behind the text. Truely heart warming to see that there is still unity and respect in club land! Next time we will have to meet again at a dinner so we can actualy talk instead of shouting into each others ears all night. I hope this is just the begining of the jeourney for us all to get closer as a family. You guys are what made my night great! Oh..and Power puff and Carebee..hope we get to hook up for another drink in Astoria some time soon. You two seemed like really chill girls, although I would have loved to see you dance a little more. Oh well..there is always next weekend. Peace guys~

Mugwump*********************************** cwm35.gif

uuuuhhhhhhhh. . .

party ended around 8am. . . i was one of the last peeps to leave. . .

and Sander is part of the nubreed gang. . . nubreed 004 comes out soon. . .

but i agree, i wasn't impressed at all with Nick Warren. . . and Sander was kickin' the last hour or so, but beyond that, he went nowhere. . . but i'll give him another chance. . . i always do. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

no bullshit, no drama, just pimpin' since 1976. . .

Guest danwang

How was Pascal F.E.O.S.?

What was the order of the lineup, i.e. who went on first, second, third, and at what time?

It was Pascal, Warren, Sander

Missed Pascal...

Warren was better than I expected, probably because of the lineup. With Pascal the techno-house dj openning, and Sander with his bleeding edge progressive beats, Nick kept a good portion of his set darker and deeper, out of the mainstream.

I have to say though, Sander's set was probably the best I've ever heard at Twilo. I'm part of the progressive crowd, liking deeper spacier tracks, thick ass bass lines, and lower BPM.

If you want high BPM, go listen to Tiesto.

Shouts to Crommy, Noiseboy, for closing out the night IN THE DJ BOOTH with me...and of course, Sander...

------------------

furnace.gif

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 03-24-2001).]

First off, it was FUCKING AWESOME meeting all you CP headz. Raverdave, Scotty, Al, ooana, mattyparsons, (sorry for spellings or if i'm leaving someone out) etc. You guys seem very genuine and into Twilo for all the right reasons. smile.gif Had a great time! Straightedge baby! (I'm saving up my roll cwm12.gif in July when I turn 20.

As for Nick Warren, I found it really hard to get into, for some reason the whole night felt less intense. The air blasters weren't as loud, less peoples for a while, weirdass buildups. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was great, but it felt like he just jumped into the beats and his order diddn't really make sense? Like the breaks came out of nowhere, I felt like their was no progression. Maybe I'm spoiled by PVD and Digweed, and you know they've got the next 5 tracks planned in their headz while they're doin 239487123 things at once, but Nick Warren seemed pretty random to me. And I never heard a trainwreck at Twilo until last night! cwm6.gif

All in all, great night, shared wonderful music with old friends and new....

But my one problem is, I can't decide...house (Eric Morillo, Daft Punk, etc) or Progressive trance (nubreed, s&d, etc)

help

peace out

phil

aol im: apphillers

Originally posted by furnace:

Shouts to Crommy, Noiseboy, for closing out the night IN THE DJ BOOTH with me...and of course, Sander...

How'd u swindle that chief? cwm13.gif

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com

Guest danwang

Originally posted by westchesterboy:

But my one problem is, I can't decide...house (Eric Morillo, Daft Punk, etc) or Progressive trance (nubreed, s&d, etc)

Let's start a night at a place with separate rooms/floors so you can have both! smile.gif

If I remember correctly from what I saw on their site,

At Innercity, I think they had some deal like that... Erick Morillo spun in the house room, Tiesto spun in Techno room, and the main floor had PvD, Sven Vath, Sander, Marco V and others. (I think there was also a room for live acts/PA's, but I'm not sure)

Too bad all that info has been taken down from their site - http://www.innercity.nl

If you find it, let me know where.

By the way, Sven Vath sure looks a lot different in those pics than he did in person at Twilo last week! When I saw him, he looked older and with less hair... see for yourself and tell me if you agree.

it was disappointing

great meeting more board people and their friends. you guys are all mad chillz

------------------

it's not simply cool but its the best way yet to make it through

some errors happen they won't go away

won't make us men in marked today

it has best considered as the greatest

yet remembered as the one who had not so much fun

as those who had not yet begun to get it right

ain't nothing wrong

everything all right

Went sober till the end, and thought that it was the reason why it didn't seem so spectacular- (that and the heavy leather pants I had) but after reading the reviews.... The last two hours or so were the only times I remember it being intense. Made it to the end again! Overall a good warm up for next week's ?&D cwm1.gif

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Nietzsche

[This message has been edited by bang_66_ (edited 03-24-2001).]

The month of March... in search of trance, instead I found trainwrecks, gushing/kushing sounds, and build ups that went nowhere...

I'm praying April is a betta month for me... I haven't given up hope yet.

------------------

Dreaming that all poon tang are created equal...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by noiseboy:

uuuuhhhhhhhh. . .

party ended around 8am. . . i was one of the last peeps to leave. . .

and Sander is part of the nubreed gang. . . nubreed 004 comes out soon. . .

but i agree, i wasn't impressed at all with Nick Warren. . . and Sander was kickin' the last hour or so, but beyond that, he went nowhere. . . but i'll give him another chance. . . i always do. . . cwm35.gif

Sander's NuBreed comes out Tuesday and yeah same here...i was expecting Warren to kick my ass and he didn't...same thing with Sander...a build up to no where but I will give Sander another chance too...

------------------

i'll see what i can do. . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

didnt get to make it over to the meetup but i do have to say that it was an AMAZING night for me at twilo... warren, like everyone else said was OK... wasnt really impressed and i'll be content from here on out to listen to his cds...just not groovy enough for me... but Sander...shit ..sander...that guy is seriously one of the

best dj's out here...very progressive... good

breaks ...at about 6:45 or 7 thats when he really started to pull out some big guns... there were points when he was building up so high that didnt think it could could get any hotter..but that man kept doing it... he was really responding to the crowd energy towards the end and was having a helluva time...thought it was a great set... have to say thank you to all the random people i met(brianna w/ the beautiful smile, carter & cristen from uofchicago(me hometown), carl and rick from UK)... the guy who hooked me up with the *cough* *cough* at around 7 ...really took me there...haha... and all the people who were still dancing their asses off till they kicked us out... btw i was the guy wearing the blue sweater around his neck like some fucked up tennis player... sure i saw some of you guys

I had a really amazing night on Friday.

Started the night off super early w. some girlfriends at a soho bar listening to my this awesome funk band. Hung out at Vejita's place (always the most gracious host cwm38.gif ) before making the treck to Twilo, and what do we find, a line halfway down the block. frown.gif

cwm34.gif I'd agree that the music was less than what I had hoped for, but you always risk being disappointed anytime you have high expectations. The highlight of the night was definitely Sander ... damn he's beautiful. I thought he did a great job of closing out the place ... no Hide You!

Oh, and how nice was that to come out to rays of sunlight? It was great walking back to V's place (my soon-to-be neighbor) with the Hudson on our left, crisp cool air and bright sunshine. Can't wait till it's warm enough to go play in the park!

Seems as if the last two weeks there has been wide ranging views on how the DJs were (first Howells, now Nick and Sander). It's refreshing to hear some differing opinions -- we dont all have to love everything that Twilo serves to us.

For myself, it was one of the best nights I have had at Twilo. Except for previously stated big-ass trainwreck, Warren did a fine job. Furnace, I dont know who you were listening to but Warren stayed pretty mainstream and if anything lifted the pace and energy level of the crowd so much, he didnt leave Sander much room to go higher.

But Sander found a way. Unlike others, I loved every moment of his set. Granted for a half hour or so, some peeps were standing around waiting for his set to go someplace, but I didnt have that problem. He played deep, funky grooves but with more movement and life in them than what Howells played last week.

I remember looking at my watch at 6 and thinking how crowded the place still was even with so many usuals in Miami. I think it speaks a lot to Sander's ability.

The last two hours were insane. I wish I had more energy left to dance, but I had a pretty special perspective at that point and wasnt about to head back to the dancefloor.

What ya'll think of Placebo's Passive Aggressive -- BIR mix? Hook "concentrate concentrate, it's in your reach..." Phat track! Also, did you guys hear Sander's mix of Sorcchio -- it's going to be on his NuBreed (which got pushed back to early April, BTW)

Noiseboy -- thanks for saving me at the end there.

Abgrover -- great seeing you out last night, you'll have to come out more often

Vejita & Friends -- as always, you guys are the best!

For somebody who saw nick warren for the first time.....i was actually content with his work...i actually liked the song he dropped when he got into that train wreck...Myrlin...u know what im talking about. I felt like maybe if warren closed it out instead of Sander...then maybe...just mayber...Warren would have kicked our asses!!! Sander was not baad at all....the whole fucking night was just too damn mellow for me....neither of them was consistent with getting the crowd jumpin!!!! oh well i had fun and im happy.....guess thats all that matters!! What up to all the people i met and i know....PLUR!!!

Me cwm7.gif

------------------

Mine comes in a form of a pill and powder.

What's your......

E2Hcopyfinal.jpg

? ? ? ? ? ?

AIM: XxFUEL1xX

I liked Warren, although he wasn't nearly as good as Sander's set, IMHO. He had one or two trainwrecks (meep-meep... WHAM!) that kinda put the brakes on things. On the other hand, I was pretty impressed with Sander -- he kept me moving around for most of his set, and provided a few breaks to catch my breath, too.

I think the best part was the vibe -- there weren't that many (if any) overglitzed girls with pocket books, or super-crackfiends (fat guy with shorts and those shapes) milling about. It was crowded at first, but cleared up quite nicely by the time Sander jumped on the turntables. And everybody was remarkably friendly -- I chatted a bit with a few people that I met, danced around with a few others..... it was just fun. smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

The month of March... in search of trance, instead I found trainwrecks, gushing/kushing sounds, and build ups that went nowhere...

I'm praying April is a betta month for me... I haven't given up hope yet.

u wouldn't know good music if it punched you in the face and then took a leak on you... cwm35.gif

------------------

I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!

Originally posted by p00h:

u wouldn't know good music if it punched you in the face and then took a leak on you... cwm35.gif

And your opinion as always counts for just about what it's worth... nothing but shit Mr. DJ wannabe... just cause you got yourself a few vinyls don't mean you know good music, assmunch... bahahahahahaah....

------------------

Dreaming that all poon tang are created equal...

ezlogo1.gif

I was very disappointed with Warren. WOuldn't see him again and I've heard hes sucked live in the past. Sander was F*ing amazing! His beats were deep, dark and almost borderline Techy. I loved his style and they way he's bring it down and then back up and then down again and then wickedly back up. I hate when you have to stand there and wait till 8 in the morn for the DJ to finally reach the climax. Sander made me orgasm several times...thats the shit you want. He delivered. At one point..think around 6:30-ish he dropped this sick song...bangin like non-other. Powerpuff and I just looked at eachother, jumped up and went nuts...anybody remember this?? Do you know what song that was??

to Mugwump...cool to meet ya...don't know what your talkin about though..I never stopped dancin for more than 10 minutes.

Good to meet some other people. Mattyparsens...I'll remember ya...and Scottyscribs...nice to see ya.

------------------

She's got everything she needs/she's an artist/she done't look back/She'll take the dark out of the night time/and paint the daytime black.......DYLAN

**THE MUSIC BEE**

carabee_sig.gif

[to Mugwump...cool to meet ya...don't know what your talkin about though..I never stopped dancin for more than 10 minutes.

--------------------------------------------

I guess we must have been dancing in different parts of the club then. i only danced next to you once but you are right..it IS presumptiouse to say you didn't dance because I didn't SEE you dance. sounds like shit picked up after we left anyway. Next time I'm going straight edge! Red bulls and shots usualy keep me going all night. In any case the pleasure was all mine babe. I guess I just thought you and Puff would be chillin with the entire gang by the woofer. But it's all good..we have got to do it again..DOC and WINK! I know your siked about that one right!? see there..hugz mugz..(oh and Kathy thought you where beautifull as well..she sends everyone a kiss and says she's sorry she couldn't meet with us at Cafe Bar first) cwm1.gif