Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think I have a 5-HTP headache!!!

Ok, so I'm doing my usual week-long preloading before Twilo on Friday. I started my 5-HTP preloading yesterday. I noticed I had a headache last night...now again this morning. I've also noticed that I get these headaches whenever I start a 5-HTP cycle...then they go away after a day or two once my body adjusts I suppose.

Anyone else get these headaches when they first start it?

Between the 5-HTP, the vitamin C, the multi-vitamins--the "afterwards" vitamins.....I take like 100 pills just to make 1 pill feel nice and keep my brain as safe as possible---WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??? cwm12.gif

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

AOL/AIM: SuedeNYC

EMail: SuedeNYC@aol.com

[This message has been edited by suedenyc (edited 03-27-2001).]

I heard that 5-HTP can cause severe headaches along with stomach upset and anxiety if you are exceeding the recommended dosage. If you're taking antidepressants, and any weight control drugs, the side effects are supposed to be enhanced.

Just make sure you aren't EXCEEDING the recommended dose and always realize that there are side-effects to every drug.

By the way Rich, I love your sig!1 cwm2.gif

------------------

lolly.jpg

Originally posted by lolly:

I heard that 5-HTP can cause severe headaches along with stomach upset and anxiety if you are exceeding the recommended dosage. If you're taking antidepressants, and any weight control drugs, the side effects are supposed to be enhanced.

Just make sure you aren't EXCEEDING the recommended dose and always realize that there are side-effects to every drug.

By the way Rich, I love your sig!1 cwm2.gif

THanks for the sig comment.

I take 50mg in the morning and 50mg in the evening with juice (empty stomach 'cause protein blocks it).

No anxiety--in fact, I think it has a calming effect.

Not on antidepressants--thankfully, I'm naturally happy..if I took them I'd explode.

No weight-control drugs--obviously--my ass is so big I may get it it's own website soon!

So 100mg a day...I believe that is the recommended dosage. The headaches will pass.

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

Originally posted by suedenyc:

Ok, so I'm doing my usual week-long preloading before Twilo on Friday. I started my 5-HTP preloading yesterday. I noticed I had a headache last night...now again this morning. I've also noticed that I get these headaches whenever I start a 5-HTP cycle...then they go away after a day or two once my body adjusts I suppose.

Anyone else get these headaches when they first start it?

Between the 5-HTP, the vitamin C, the multi-vitamins--the "afterwards" vitamins.....I take like 100 pills just to make 1 pill feel nice and keep my brain as safe as possible---WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??? cwm12.gif

Not to sound ignorant or anything, but what exactly is 5-HTP? I have been hearing allot about it, but don't know what it is?? cwm1.gif

Originally posted by dale77:

I have a headache too. a little anyway. I took 50 yesterday AM and other 50 last night before bed and I woke up with a bad headache.

Except i thought it was allergies, so i took a claritin and now my head feels better. although not a 100% and I still feel tons better than normally would if I hadn't taken 5htp.

Maybe I need more fluids, I know I don't drink enough.

Nothing's ever easy.

WOW! EXACTLY WHAT I FELT!!! I took 50mg yesterday morning then 50mg before bed. I also woke up with a headache and thought it was allergies...I didn't take anything which prompted me to post this thread! Anyway, my headache went away after some hot chocolate this morning then lunch. I think my breaking-in period is over...I don't think I'll get any side-effects from the next doses.

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

WOW! EXACTLY WHAT I FELT!!! I took 50mg yesterday morning then 50mg before bed. I also woke up with a headache and thought it was allergies...I didn't take anything which prompted me to post this thread! Anyway, my headache went away after some hot chocolate this morning then lunch. I think my breaking-in period is over...I don't think I'll get any side-effects from the next doses.

We're like twins!!! Mine went away after eating too.

Hopefully I won't have the same problem tomorrow AM. I'm feeling fine, not depressed at all. I'm going to take it tonight and that's it until next time I roll which will be this Sunday, go figure. I'm all about SF.

cwm12.gifcwm12.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

You're only young once

Originally posted by angeluv:

Not to sound ignorant or anything, but what exactly is 5-HTP? I have been hearing allot about it, but don't know what it is?? cwm1.gif

In short, E depletes one of your mood-controlling neurotransmitting chemicals called Seratonin. Unfortunately, it can take the body 2 weeks to restore all of your seratonin once depleted. Foods high in a natrual chemical called Tryptophan can help because Tryptophan metabolizes into the precurser of Seratonin thus speeding up the seratonin replacement. Finally, 5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan) is the precursor of Tryptophan. So taking 5-HTP before and after rolling can help build up your seratonin then help you restore it quicker than without using it.

See the thread: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025530.html

And for ordering and more precise details visit http://www.theherbshop.com/5htp.htm

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

In short, E depletes one of your mood-controlling neurotransmitting chemicals called Seratonin. Unfortunately, it can take the body 2 weeks to restore all of your seratonin once depleted. Foods high in a natrual chemical called Tryptophan can help because Tryptophan metabolizes into the precurser of Seratonin thus speeding up the seratonin replacement. Finally, 5-HTP (5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan) is the precursor of Tryptophan. So taking 5-HTP before and after rolling can help build up your seratonin then help you restore it quicker than without using it.

See the thread: <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025530.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025530.html</A>

And for ordering and more precise details visit <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.theherbshop.com/5htp.htm" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.theherbshop.com/5htp.htm</A>

Rich, breathe.....lol

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

I have a headache too. a little anyway. I took 50 yesterday AM and other 50 last night before bed and I woke up with a bad headache.

Except i thought it was allergies, so i took a claritin and now my head feels better. although not a 100% and I still feel tons better than normally would if I hadn't taken 5htp.

Maybe I need more fluids, I know I don't drink enough.

Nothing's ever easy.

------------------

You're only young once