Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ya lost me

cwm3.gif

Ok, theres something thats been bothering/confusing the hell out of me. Why the hell must there be a new type or classification of electronic music for every single DJ? I mean really, we got house, deep house, tech house, boston house, nyc house, hard house, dark house, detroit house, progressive house, old school house, your mom's house, and thats just SOME of the house categories. .

cwm12.gif

i havent even delved into the trance categories, techno categories, and whatever the fuck else anyone could euphemise. WHERE DID ALL THESE NAMES COME FROM? ? ? And what the hell do they all mean now? cwm30.gif

Not only that, but everyone seems to have a different definition for each of these terms. . which means each dj is in 3 different categories to 3 different people.

? cwm45.gif

Am i the only one who notices this cwm39.gif

i've been lost since the day i started listening to this music. well all i can say is that i can tell trance from house, house from jungle, and jungle from breaks. i think? cwm3.gif

------------------

MA1.gif

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on, i wanna dance with my baby!

dmtgod, since ur name is such, I thought I`d ask you a question. Do u know of any sources from whom I can procure some DMT in the NY area? I havent been here for long, and have been looking for it since, but without success. So, help me out if u can.

Originally posted by dmtgod:

...I mean really, we got house, deep house, tech house, boston house, nyc house, hard house, dark house, detroit house, progressive house, old school house, your mom's house, and thats just SOME of the house categories...

LMAO cwm2.gif I hear ya man!!

------------------

"...I'll take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirits sore..."

Sorry but there really is a very simple answer to this. You reading a magazine and you havn't herd of a DJ and you want to know what kinda tunes he plays..

So the magazines HAVE to come up with a new name that will be senominus with that style.

Even if you don't want it i do, i find it pretty dam usefull, espesially because i don't like to see the same old DJ day in day out.

And if you were a journalist you wouldn't want to type a four/four beat with high hat and snare on the off beat instead of House EVERY time, and i would't want to read it.

"So how did you get in to that 4/4 music with the high hat and snare? Do you still love that music withe the 4/4 beat and hight hat and snare"

No what i mean smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF