Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Funky Breaks..Garage..D&B (so what the hell IS "two step"?)

I've been feelin' the funky break thing lately. (like adam freeland and John B)

I know it's a departure from straight up D&B

But I do Think they are related.

There are some amazing break beats that blend in and out of Techy house that just drive me iiinsane!

Even though Brits claim D&B died a few years ago I still feel like it's got potential to evolve musicaly. mixing Breaks with Trance or house i think holds great potential (Listen to Hybrid's new Cd or BT)

I don't get Two step though...? Can someone clarify for me the difference between TWO STEP and Garage?

Last time I heard "two step" was a country dance. (?)

technically speaking

Two step garage is most closely related to speed garage and both are close cousins to jungle.

They both play at the speed of upbeat house music, but each borrows different elements from jungle.

Speed garage takes a house beat and lays the syncopated snares from jungle over it, making sound slightly like a breakbeat, but it's strictly a 4/4 house beat.

Two Step garage take the two step jungle beat and slows it down then lays the snares from your standard 4/4 house rythm over top. It also borrows some elements from oldskool hardcore and happy hardcore by taking old 80's tracks and simply remaking them into a two step track.

that's the technical take anyway.

artful dodger is at centro-fly on april 6 if you want to a get a taste of what uk garage is all about

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Originally posted by pulsedriver:

Breaks are where its at!

Freeland, Icey, craze!

THe scratchmaster Q-bert is infuckingcredible!!!

Hey Pulse! Haven't seen you in a while around here. How was your trip? Do you still plan on going to the Orb with us?

Or did Paula tell you what a great big geek I was last Friday? (hee-hee)

No actualy I had a good time with her..I don think she realy liked me though..Oh well!

MUGZ LOVES ALL!!!!

Come hang with us soon in Astoria..llllaaater~

cwm35.gif

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Or the Hatch party every Sunday night at Cheetah.

what's the story with cheetah on sunday? how's the music? the crowd?

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

it's downstairs (the upstairs is a serious fag romp), the sound is penetrating (they really push that little system), the music is great - mostly 2 step with some other sounds thrown in for good measure. The crowd is NY clubbing elite.

All in all good clean fun for a sunday evening (I think it only goes till 1 or so).

I lived in Florida for two years, and thats all they spin, breaks. I didnt realize so many people listened to them up here, and why arent there any well known djs??? Breaks are the shit, I wish they would get more recognition.

And icey is good, but Ive seen that old man way too many times. His shit gets boring after a while.