Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AKIRA

For all you anime fans -- Akira is being re-released! Pioneer picked it up, restored the original film and is gonna be showing it nationally during the next few weeks. Then, in September, it'll finally be available in DVD format.

Check the move at http://www.pioneeranimation.com -- I'll be going to see it at some point this weekend. With any luck, I'll be able to go to the opening.....

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

He might be, but he might not.... you know how things go with the crew. smile.gif I need to get my mitts on one of those posters, too -- I saw one while walking down by Satellite Records a few nights ago.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Dude! I've known that it was going to be re-released soon. Iv'e been meaning to post something about that up but kept forgetting to. (what with all my important things to say..ahem.)

As an animator it is my duty and job to go see it on the big screen. Lets organize a screening!

Who's down!?

cwm1.gifcwm35.gif

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 03-27-2001).]

Shadow -- Nah, it's in Times Square, the AMC Empire. It goes from Friday until Thursday......

I can't wait to hear "Winds Over Neo-Tokyo" (the theme that plays during the wack-ass toy dolls scene) on some kickass speakers.......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Sober or stoned, first-timer or avid anime connoisseur -- I don't think anybody really gets Akira. Well, maybe the Japanese do -- I'm sure the comic series fleshed out things a bit better than what we saw in the movie.

Even so -- I'm not a huge fan of the abstract, and yet this movie still fascinates me after all these years. I first saw it at an Anime convention a number of years ago; I've probably seen it close to 25 times since then. And I still have to wonder -- where is Kaneda now? smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Akira is an amazing masterpiece for animation..anime or other wise.

As an animator I watch it with very careful atention to the art and movement and let me tell you it's blown my fuckn mind every single time I see it! (The bike scene's are a fuckn achivement in animation in their own.)

It's gonna be incredible on a big screen with great surround sound. Let's figure out a way to go together. what do you say? Friday?

Anyone want to pull a roll call for Akira..I'll look up the times and post them if any one's interested.

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 03-27-2001).]

The first time I saw it was on video -- heck, EVERY time I've seen it has been on video (VHS, no less). Hence my barely-contained excitement.........

KANEEEEDA! cwm4.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

count me in but not this fri or sat

- Pete"akirrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming shows:

Friday April 6th @ CREAM opening up for DJ Divine...Open bar 10-12 get there early so you can get drunk and think I sound good :)

Sat April 7th...The KOP Project starts its first Sat-of-the-month residency at Leopard Lounge 10pm - 4am Free - downstairs

My new web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Kush Kush Kush Kush