Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TUNNEL THURSDAY APRIL 12TH (NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY) GEORGE ACOSTA SPINNING TICKET INFO

APRIL 12, 2001 WE GO BACK OLD SKOOL TO THE TUNNEL ON THE CORNER OF 27TH AND 12TH AVE. JOINGING US IN THIS PARTY WE HAVE FROM MIAMIS SHADOW LOUNGE GEORGE ACOSTA AS WELL AS NYC OWN DJS CHRISTOPHER RUSSO, DOMENICK CAPELLO, CAVIAR, KLUTCH, ANTHONY VITALE AND MADHOUSE. TICKETS ARE $35 IN ADVANCE $45 THAT NIGHT. IF YOU PLAN TO DO GROUP PURCHASES YOU WILL GET A DICSCOUNT ON TICKETS. iF YOUR INTERESTED IN SELLING TICKETSAND MAKE $$$ OFF EACH TICKET U SELL PLEASE EMAIL ME AT SLYONSPROMOS@HOTMAIL.COM OR CALL 973-202-4590

Good luck trying to fill up this one buddy. Tunnel is over (unfortunately), but George Acosta? Nothing old school about him, he is a pussy candy trance DJ that thinks he is the shit. Not to mention a fat fuck with a cowboy hat. Buena suerte

it seems like every month there's another false rumor about tunnel. god, how many have i heard- at least two involving george acosta when his website listed him in orlando that same night, and one involving sandra collins on presidents' day weekend when funkmaster flex reigns supreme.

is any information about dj's at tunnel EVER true on this messageboard?

Originally posted by bassboy:

Good luck trying to fill up this one buddy. Tunnel is over (unfortunately), but George Acosta? Nothing old school about him, he is a pussy candy trance DJ that thinks he is the shit. Not to mention a fat fuck with a cowboy hat. Buena suerte

fat or not, u hit it on the head bout candy ass trance. he's a fuggin oakie wannabe, and thats one cat you don't wannabe, you dig. expect to hear the same epic trance thats been played by him since like '97...

------------------

got drugs?

Well, I won't be there, but you bring up a very very good point -- the 13th is Good Friday, so I technically will have an excused absence on the day after my birthday!!

Oh, yes yes yes...

this could be good...

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Although I DJ on Saturday nights I can say that a NYC promoter HAS Paid to rent the club that evening and has said to me that George Acosta will be there.

You have to realize that Tunnel is made up of Promoters not one guy or organization an that they all have their own nights so you can't hold the club accountable to a promoters post.

------------------

DJRENEGADE.com

$35 in advance and $45 at the door?!?!?!?!?!

for George Acosta??

tell me that was a typo please...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Renegade,

I think you are a phat DJ, and have a great dimeanor to bring back Tunnel, but this George Acosta bullshit smells of another sham. And when something fucked up goes on ANY night at that place, it affects the turnout for Sats. I suggest you regulate on this situation.-eric

Please do not past judgement on George Acosta if you have not experienced him "Live". He is not trying to Oakie or Tiesto......he is Acosta and he is a very talent artist (Dj / Producer)

I am sick of all the uneducated posts...

Allow Acosta to take you on a musical journey of trance ....i did

thanks

Thorin

OK.. LET ME GET THIS ONE STRAIGHT.. ON THIS BOARD WE HAVE BASICALLY 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF CROWDS.. THE TRANCY/TWILO CROWD, THE MAINSTREAM/HARDHOUSE/SF OR EXIT CROWD. WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT SOMETHING. I THINK IT BECAUSE YOU GUYS LIKE SEEING YOURSELF ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. YOU GUYS BASH DRAPER, YOU BASH BORIS, YOU BASH JP, NOW YOU BASH ACOSTA.. WHAT BALLS DO YOU HAVE.. HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?? WHEN YOU HAVE TALENT LIKE THEM, THEN OPEN YOUR MOUTH. AS FOR GEORGE ACOSTA I AM PERSONALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO HIM AT TUNNEL. EVEN THOUGH I AM SPINNING THERE MYSELF I WILL DEFINATELY BE RUNNING OUT OF MY ROOM FOR A FEW SECONDS TO THE MAIN FLOOR TO HEAR HIM PLAY. REMEMBER PEOPLE.. DJS DONT BECOME INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED DJS IF THEY SUCK AS YOU SAY THEY DO..

GEORGE ACOSTA - TUNNEL - APRIL 12 .. ENOUGH SAID.

IN THE WORDS OF FORREST GUMP... "AND THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT"

Originally posted by domenickcapello:

THE TRANCY/TWILO CROWD

dont' generalize twilo as trancy...

its more progressive first off.. and techno as well.

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

OK.. LET ME GET THIS ONE STRAIGHT.. ON THIS BOARD WE HAVE BASICALLY 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF CROWDS.. THE TRANCY/TWILO CROWD, THE MAINSTREAM/HARDHOUSE/SF OR EXIT CROWD. WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT SOMETHING. I THINK IT BECAUSE YOU GUYS LIKE SEEING YOURSELF ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. YOU GUYS BASH DRAPER, YOU BASH BORIS, YOU BASH JP, NOW YOU BASH ACOSTA.. WHAT BALLS DO YOU HAVE.. HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?? WHEN YOU HAVE TALENT LIKE THEM, THEN OPEN YOUR MOUTH. AS FOR GEORGE ACOSTA I AM PERSONALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO HIM AT TUNNEL. EVEN THOUGH I AM SPINNING THERE MYSELF I WILL DEFINATELY BE RUNNING OUT OF MY ROOM FOR A FEW SECONDS TO THE MAIN FLOOR TO HEAR HIM PLAY. REMEMBER PEOPLE.. DJS DONT BECOME INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED DJS IF THEY SUCK AS YOU SAY THEY DO..

simmer down now. if u're happy with your musical taste what do you care what anyone else says? its a fuckin public board, not your house. it ain't your rules. people bitch about the djs i like too, just as every jd gets bitched about here. be comfortable in your musical taste and go check out george acosta...

and i have seen acosta live, more than once...

------------------

got drugs?

THIS IS SO TRUE PEOPLE JUST NEED TO STOP ALWAYS TALKING SHIT ABOUT OTHER DJS AND JUST RESPECT WHAT PEOLE HAVE TO SAY. IT IS YOUR OPINION AND CANT U JUST RESPECT OTHERS??

cwm42.gif

OK.. LET ME GET THIS ONE STRAIGHT.. ON THIS BOARD WE HAVE BASICALLY 2 DIFFERENT TYPES OF CROWDS.. THE TRANCY/TWILO CROWD, THE MAINSTREAM/HARDHOUSE/SF OR EXIT CROWD. WHY THE F&CK DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO OPEN THEIR MOUTH ABOUT SOMETHING. I THINK IT BECAUSE YOU GUYS LIKE SEEING YOURSELF ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. YOU GUYS BASH DRAPER, YOU BASH BORIS, YOU BASH JP, NOW YOU BASH ACOSTA.. WHAT BALL$ DO YOU HAVE.. HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?? WHEN YOU HAVE TALENT LIKE THEM, THEN OPEN YOUR MOUTH. AS FOR GEORGE ACOSTA I AM PERSONALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO HIM AT TUNNEL. EVEN THOUGH I AM SPINNING THERE MYSELF I WILL DEFINATELY BE RUNNING OUT OF MY ROOM FOR A FEW SECONDS TO THE MAIN FLOOR TO HEAR HIM PLAY. REMEMBER PEOPLE.. DJS DONT BECOME INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED DJS IF THEY SUCK AS YOU SAY THEY DO..

THIS IS SO TRUE PEOPLE JUST NEED TO STOP ALWAYS TALKING $HIT ABOUT OTHER DJS AND JUST RESPECT WHAT PEOLE HAVE TO SAY. IT IS YOUR OPINION AND CANT U JUST RESPECT OTHERS??

cwm42.gif

I agree with the poster who stated that most people on this board like to bash DJ's just so they could see their name on the board or start drama. This board is filled with these tired retards who don't have a clue, nor are they in any position to pass judgement. It is one thing to have a preference and that is fine, but to say one "sucks" in infantile.

Acosta is a good DJ, and the Shadow Lounge is always a good time. And this "Oakie wanna-be" tag is another example of stupidity. Oakie is his major inspiration, and Acosta has always emphatically stated that (check his CD's)....so what is wrong with being influenced by someone as respected as Oakie?....all artists have someone that was a major influence in their life, but to call them a "wanna-be" because of that is a ridiculous statement

Hey, I have heard this guy live a bunch of times, and he plays the same drab all night long... I couldn't tell the difference between any of his songs, but I sure could tell when he was mixing them.

CANDY TRANCE-from Oakenfold's Tanceport ALL NIGHT LONG.

Originally posted by bassboy:

Hey, I have heard this guy live a bunch of times, and he plays the same drab all night long... I couldn't tell the difference between any of his songs, but I sure could tell when he was mixing them.

CANDY TRANCE-from Oakenfold's Tanceport ALL NIGHT LONG.

Oh oh, you must be an expert...you actually know the title of a "House Music" CD....

igloo refers to people who "start drama" in this condescending tone of his... yet he's the one who goes into posts that are obviously jokes between friends and calls those posting "two jerk-offs". The irony is almost unbearable.

On the DJ issue, I think everyone has his or her own tastes.. I mean, not everyone likes the same thing -- that would make music awfully boring. Though in a perfect world we'd all respect each other's opinions we need to realize that there are some people who just don't know how to properly express their opinions without bashing those of others. In the meantime, just listen to what you want to hear, keep and open mind, and enjoy.

PLUR, people! biggrin.gif

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Originally posted by melichacha:

igloo refers to people who "start drama" in this condescending tone of his... yet he's the one who goes into posts that are obviously jokes between friends and calls those posting "two jerk-offs". The irony is almost unbearable.

On the DJ issue, I think everyone has his or her own tastes.. I mean, not everyone likes the same thing -- that would make music awfully boring. Though in a perfect world we'd all respect each other's opinions we need to realize that there are some people who just don't know how to properly express their opinions without bashing those of others. In the meantime, just listen to what you want to hear, keep and open mind, and enjoy.

PLUR, people! biggrin.gif

- meli -

Are you upset with me?