Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Att:Morris,Sussex and Warren county clubbers

wuzzup

Just letting everyone know that the PLACE(formerly known as the Madhouse)in Hopatcong is a good "place" to go. The club has undergone many renovations, making it the best local club around.It's 18 to party & 21 to drink for everyone, only $5 to get in(more if under 21). The club offers Rock nite on thursdays with such bands as Big Orange Cone and Last Nite on Earth(playing 12/28/00), and Fridays and Saturdays offers two clubs under one roof, the main room offers the best in dance music(vocals,progressive and house), the other side offers hip-hop. The club is under new management and has improved so much in the last couple of weeks, including a newer and more likable staff and new DJ's. Anyone gonn'a give the Place anthor chance, give me some feedback.

p.s. <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years eve</a> at Place 9pm-5am, open bar

(the whole nite) only $40.00. The main room

DJ David Lee, DJ dynmite, DJ J.,Hip Hop DJ Nogood.

I agree the Place has made one stupid move after another, till now. I am currently Dj'ing there on fri and sat and the music is the best it has ever been. The new staff is great, every thing is in Place but a good crowd, being local and cheap(only $5 over 21)its worth a shot. Hey tempkid I thought we were boys, that's messed up you seemed to be having a good time there last friday, you said the music and girls were real good.

[This message has been edited by wuzzup (edited 12-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by wuzzup (edited 12-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by wuzzup (edited 12-27-2000).]

I live about 5 min. from there too,The Place sucks,you people fired alot of people in the past few months,including some people I know.I used to go there about 7 years ago when it was Changes.I gave it a shot in the summer when Eddie Baez played there,that place is horrible,just keep it a rock-n-roll joint,you will be better off.

------------------

spiraltree.gif Happy Holidays Everyone spiralnite.gif

I dunno if this place your talking about is on River Styx Rd. but if it is it used to be The Lighthouse a long time ago..I used to spin there in 1983..back then in my opinion it was def 1 of the best spots in NJ...it was Rock upstairs and disco downstairs...all I can say is at that time it had 1 of the dopest soundsystems around..the other club in Hopatcong was Governer's, which was OK but along with The Meadowbrook those were the 2 best clubs in NJ...I wonder if the same guy still owns it...god I loved The Lighthouse, peace Greg

• 2 weeks later...

yo ass f... the place has nothing but teeny sluts uglier than normal i live 5 min and would rather drive an hour to go out than deal with the people their yes the music is good but it will never be another abyss like your trying to be, so give up and just go dj somewhere else and get rid of the jerseys best club logo PLEASE

"The Place" is an absolute joke! Who the hell is going to drive to the boonies to go to some low budget, no class "Club". The only people that even go to that dump are the drunken locals. They have changed the name a thousand times and the only time I have ever enjoyed it was when I was 14 years old at teen night when it was "Crystal Point"

To all you knocking the "Place", I understand where your coming from, the "Place" has been very bad for the last year, but it has been getting better every week for a couple months know. Its a good "Place" to go if you want to stay local. I would like to hear someone name a better niteclub between the Del. Water Gap and Morristown.

P.S. Flizz your spelling gives you away!

South City Grill on Rte 46 in Parsippany.

Not to mention I would rather go almost anywhere in Morristown before I go to the "Place" The people at the places in Morristown are just as tacky, but at least they are a little bit more exposed to the world than the inbreed rejects that go to the Place.

Yeah - The South City Grill is in Mountain Lakes on 46 which is NOT further than Morristown. You just take Route 80 to the Denville exit and then go down 46 for a couple of miles and it is on the right. Morristown you have to go further on 80 to 287 and then about 5 more miles to Morristown. Didn't want to get technical, but I had to prove my point.