Clubplanet Nightlife Community

President Bush is now trying to BAN abortion all over the US.

VERY touchy subject... I know I am pro-abortion at this point in my life because I wouldn't want to have a kid right now. I've never had a mistake (knock on wood) but I think people should have a choice no matter what. Well, soon it looks like you'll have no choice! No more mistakes guys and girls!

Thanks to Mr. Bush....

GRoWLLLLL

------------------

AOL: Italiamale1977

Actually, Bush is definitely moving in the direction of anti-abortion. He re-enacted the Mexico City resolution which prohibits any clinics outside the USA, from using federal funds to counsel or perform abortions...Appointing Ashcroft to Attorney General was also a major step. However, the ultimate decicsion lies with the Supreme

Court, and I think that they are far off in overturning Roe vs. Wade... ((Sorry for the rant, but Im takin a midterm exam on this stuff in about an hour so its fresh in my head cwm1.gif wish me luck!!!!

I think that there is so much contraversy over the subject that the banning of abortion in the united states will never happen. Thats the beauty of our government... there is not one man that makes all decisions for the people, we have to vote on it, the house and the senate have to vote on it, and so does the supreme court. With all the opposing views on whether or not abortion should be made illegal, it will never happen. And even if it did, there would be a number of people who would give themselves abortions instead, which would be alot more dangerous than if they kept it how it is now. So president Bush can kiss my ass because it will never happen.

I wouldnt bet on it staying the same for long...There are already a lot of restrictions on abortion...For it to be overturned u just need the rite people in office....We will see

------------------

"We were in the dark..."

Originally posted by jennEfer:

I think that there is so much contraversy over the subject that the banning of abortion in the united states will never happen. Thats the beauty of our government... there is not one man that makes all decisions for the people, we have to vote on it, the house and the senate have to vote on it, and so does the supreme court. With all the opposing views on whether or not abortion should be made illegal, it will never happen. And even if it did, there would be a number of people who would give themselves abortions instead, which would be alot more dangerous than if they kept it how it is now. So president Bush can kiss my ass because it will never happen.

I totally agree! There would be mass chaos if Busch every banned abortion. There would be so many illegal clinics and like you said - people doing it themselves. You can not control this country - remember drugs are illegal too and how easy is it for everyone to experiment with that.

Originally posted by skeemr4:

Bush is definitely moving in the direction of anti-abortion, appointing Ashcroft to Attorney General was a major step. However, the ultimate decicsion lies with the Supreme Court, and I think that they are far off in overturning Roe vs. Wade...

Don't be so sure. One of the big issues this past election was the number of current Supreme Court judges stepping down within the next few years. Bush is obviously planning to appoint right wing, anti-abortion judges to throw enough leverage towards anti-abortion. The only thing stopping that would be a Democratic Congress and I'm pretty sure we don't have that.