Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need some good ideas!

Hi everyone! ...>special hello to eviljav...

anyway, just to fill everyone in... i just got engaged! it's official, he gave me the ring yesterday and i told my parents today! they were both cool about it... though my dad took the news a little harder. everything is perfect though... i love him.

i plan to have the wedding on sept. 23rd of this year... but it's not written in stone.

we found this place in totowa called the bethwood, it's gorgeous! but like $67.00 a head, i don't know if we can do that, you know! i hope so.

any suggestions for the reception??????????? in terms of places in northern new jersey

------------------

absence is to love as wind is to fire... it extinguishes the small and enkindles the great...

Congratulations!!Iam getting married September 13th 2002 on a Friday night..Fridays are so much cheaper and affordable than Sat's..We looked at MANY places and decided on Richfield Regency in Verona(up by Willowbrook mall)..I know people that got married there and then have been to weddings there and nothing but good talk about the place..We also went to the food tasting they had there and its excellent food..You might want to check it out and the place is gorgeous.Very classy..and the by far the most affordable out of all the places I checked..Good luck!ClubGirl..=)

------------------

Where are the afterhours??..=)

My best friend is getting married at the bethwood in August...really nice place...but if you are looking for cheaper, go with a friday or sunday. Try the Four Point Sheraton in Mt. Arlington, The Wyndham in Mt. Olive, The Arlington in Mt Arlington, Wayne Manor in Wayne, Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge...I've got tons more if ya need it. Anyway, keep in mind September is a pretty big wedding month, so $67 is not that expensive...my friend's in August is like $90 a head...but she is getting all the bells and whistles...

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

I was planning to get married at the Bethwood some time ago. I went and received a grand tour of the place and it is spectacular.

The food was gorgeous and even showed me the kitchen and I met with the head chef.

I did find out however, that the quote you received is the same that I was told. The rate of $67.00 is the same as if you were having a "Sunday brunch" or a "Friday Wedding".

If you are planning to have alchohol at your wedding, you may want to have it at a hotel/ w a ballroom for the occassion. That way if someone becomes drunk they could stay over. Besides, they tend to give a very low rate for those who are part and attend a wedding held at their premises. And the bride and groom get a free suite.

If no alchohol is being served, you may consider having soda or sparkling cider and eliminate the "alchohol charge". You should insist on having this deducted from your estimate of per person/plate.

No matter where you decide to have your wedding, make sure they give you an elaborate tour of the facility, allow you to taste the food selections that will be served and most important... SEE THE KITCHEN.

If an establishment prides itself on having held successful "events" there in the past. There should be no problem showing you the kitchen. This is the place where all of your planning/selections will take place. If it is not clean or if the tour-guide seems reluctant to show you, kindly thank them for their time and move on to another choice. cwm16.gifcwm16.gifcwm16.gifcwm16.gifcwm30.gif