Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E Frys Your Brain

I have no clue what you guys are talking about and i don't think you do either!!!! E kills your short term memory, try doing it for a couple years on a steady basis and see what happens to your memory when dealing with numbers, names and even spelling, its scary but its the truth, why do you think people only last a couple years in the club scene before the realize whats hapenning, you will all see one day if you keep the habit up for a couple of years, trust me, i talk from experience i wish i never layed eyes on that crap

well if you didnt do it steady for a long time you would most likely be alright right now.

one simple word

moderation

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

These days I feel more ALIVE dancing on the floor wired off of Vodka Redbull or a couple tokes from my majic pipe..

If anything..I love to pull the Energy right out of the speaker and dance all' straight edge..

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

We are ALL star dust!

Originally posted by mugwump:

These days I feel more ALIVE dancing on the floor wired off of Vodka Redbull or a couple tokes from my majic pipe..

If anything..I love to pull the Energy right out of the speaker and dance all' straight edge..

true that

same here

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

I feel the same way...staying straight or drinking Red Bull allows me to dance my best, while rolling hinders me usually because I tend to sit and relax throughout the entire duration of my peak. Unfortunately, I have been rolling a lot, every weekend. I think I need to stop, but then I always do it anyway. I think I am about ready to get help because I do not want my brain to fry completely by the time I am 19 in a few months. cwm7.gif

You should have been more responsible about doing it. Not my fault that you probably rolled every weekend and the damage is starting to catch up to you. Some of us are a little more responsible than that, and while I am sure some damage is being done, I do everything I possibly can to prevent it, including waiting at least 2 months between rolls and only taking one pill.

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

I don't think anyone here is under the impression that E is good for you. But we all make choices. Personally I love the stuff, but lets not fool ourselves.

It takes 7 years to fully replenish the seretonin lost in one roll. And if you can no longer count on your hands the number of times you've done it, you'll probably encounter memory loss.

Moderation is definitely the key to minimizing the effects, but there will be effects.

I think as soons as I start to see them, I'll stop. cwm20.gif

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

Originally posted by Francois:

I have no clue what you guys are talking about and i don't think you do either!!!! E kills your short term memory, try doing it for a couple years on a steady basis and see what happens to your memory when dealing with numbers, names and even spelling, its scary but its the truth, why do you think people only last a couple years in the club scene before the realize whats hapenning, you will all see one day if you keep the habit up for a couple of years, trust me, i talk from experience i wish i never layed eyes on that crap

tell me something i don't already know......oh shit, what did you just say?

cwm25.gif

------------------

14.jpg

News Flash: Pot kills your short term memory also. Heroin is bad for you. Crack kills.

All drugs cause some sort of physical damage. I don't think anyone here is in a position to preach to anyone else about the evils of drugs. We're adult enough to know the facts and make our own decisions.

Fortunately, most mature E users are aware of the consequences. Aside from moderation, the ONLY known option for reducing the amount of brain damage is Prozac.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Lavendermenace....

Where did you get that info? You may want to do a little more research because you are a bit off. First of all, after the extended use, or irresponsible use of E (even responsible use) the receptors are damaged, you could wait 20 years and the saratonin has nothing to bind to because the receptors are damaged. cwm24.gif

------------------

funwithgrapes.jpg

"No further evidence is needed to show that "mental illness" is not the name of a biological

condition whose nature awaits to be elucidated, but is the name of a concept whose purpose is

to obscure the obvious."

Originally posted by sinergygrl:

Lavendermenace....

Where did you get that info? You may want to do a little more research because you are a bit off. First of all, after the extended use, or irresponsible use of E (even responsible use) the receptors are damaged, you could wait 20 years and the saratonin has nothing to bind to because the receptors are damaged. cwm24.gif

Sinergygrl,

I've never read that it takes 7 years nor 20 years to repair seratonin to your brain. I read that in moderation that the seratonin to your brain is fully restored in 6 weeks. Read the info off of dancesafe.org. I'm not saying your wrong I just want to know the truth about E. The problem is though we are probably never going to know the truth until we see the effects later in our own lives.

Anything in excess is no good.

cwm15.gif

You know what guys?

I don't believe that anyone really knows how long it takes or if it's possible at all to regain your Serotonin. This is our brain and it is difficult to do studies on it, especially with a substance that researchers don't know much about.

Frankly, everyone I know who has been active in "the scene" has suffered from depression in one form or another.

E does mess with your memory and your emotions and it doesn't matter if you do it in moderation or everyday, no matter what, it's still going to affect you in a bad way.

If you do it in moderation, you may not be affected as bad as someone who does it more often, but the fact is, when you try to stop doing it, you're in for a very rude awakening.

IMO....

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

I think the problem is people are doing 4 - 6 hits a weekend and everyweekend!! You just can't do everyweek or other week - you must give your brain rest!! You also should not take so many hits when you do it one night!!

Just do a hit!!

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

crobra.bmp

Originally posted by sinergygrl:

Lavendermenace....

Rereading my response and yours, I should reword a bit. First of all, there is no cut and dry length of time needed to replace depleted seratonin. It could take up to seven years depending on the person. Also 90% of the recouperation will generally happen very quickly and the remaining 10% could take a much longer time. (of course if you keep draining it before it has a chance to replenish, it becomes harder each time)In addition, the temporary and permanent damage caused will vary by person depending on their predisposition for depression (low seratonin), or preexisting resilliency (high seratonin).

As far as permanent damage to seratonin receptors, it happens, but to my knowledge that is an extreme result which can be obtained by extreme abuse of E. Also, new nerves do grow, although probably not at the rate that they are being damaged.

Again, all of this is subject to the individual's neurological makeup. There is so much we don't know about the brain and how neurotrasmitters function that no one can really have a solid arguement.

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR