Clubplanet Nightlife Community

requiem---

okay - i know i saw a post on here about the movie

Requiem for a Dream, but im feelin too lazy to search 4 the thread - so here goes a new one-

After reading wut you guys had to say about the movie - and hearing a few commetns here and there - i went out and rented it w/ my bf on friday nite -

now -- first of all - i live in the neighberhood the movie was filmed - which was kinda cool - to watch that and like "be therE" - 2nd of all - unfortunatley - i have seen many ppl in my life suffer from the drug abuze portrayed in the movie -(the momz, and jared leto's)--

anyway -- being that this was so close to home on 2 seperate levels - i thought this movie was OUT OF CONTROL - i LOVED It -

on the flip side - my bf has never really been exposed to that harsh reality of drug addiction and does not come from C.I. bklyn - so he was not as enthusiastic about the movie - he did enjoy the cinematography though-- and the basic idea of the movie as well =

anyway --THe director is AWESOME (dont know him.. never saw any of his work before.. dtn even know his name for that matter). but the way the movie was pieced 2gether - the cinematography had me like WHAATTTT?? -

anyway - i just wanted to share that w/ ya guys

if any of you have not seen this movie yet - GO RENT IT!

-nik

------------------

dont hate the playa - hate the game

"ouT 4 doL"

angelSIG.jpg

Originally posted by imnikki:

okay - i know i saw a post on here about the movie

Requiem for a Dream, but im feelin too lazy to search 4 the thread - so here goes a new one-

After reading wut you guys had to say about the movie - and hearing a few commetns here and there - i went out and rented it w/ my bf on friday nite -

now -- first of all - i live in the neighberhood the movie was filmed - which was kinda cool - to watch that and like "be therE" - 2nd of all - unfortunatley - i have seen many ppl in my life suffer from the drug abuze portrayed in the movie -(the momz, and jared leto's)--

anyway -- being that this was so close to home on 2 seperate levels - i thought this movie was OUT OF CONTROL - i LOVED It -

on the flip side - my bf has never really been exposed to that harsh reality of drug addiction and does not come from C.I. bklyn - so he was not as enthusiastic about the movie - he did enjoy the cinematography though-- and the basic idea of the movie as well =

anyway --THe director is AWESOME (dont know him.. never saw any of his work before.. dtn even know his name for that matter). but the way the movie was pieced 2gether - the cinematography had me like WHAATTTT?? -

anyway - i just wanted to share that w/ ya guys

if any of you have not seen this movie yet - GO RENT IT!

-nik

first, you go out a couple of times and he's your bf...that's disgusting...j/k

that sounds like an awesome flick and i havent seen it and im gonna rent it asap-does hit home to things

thanks for the review/story

By the time that post about the movie was floating around the top, I hadnt seen it, but I rented it within the following days and absolutely loved it...

At the very end, its another heroin flick, but the cinematography is superb! I just loved those scenes where the screen would split in half and u had the same action from two different points of view and those pov's w different angles simultaneously... Very, very good movie indeed...

BTW- I'm not sure about this one, but I think it was the director of this movie, Darren Aaronofsky (sp) who did the visuals for Oakenfold's appearance on Hammerstein Ballroom last Thanksgivin... That was some cool shiet!! hehe can anyone confirm?

cwm7.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg