Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pedro pitchin at the stadium tonite, who's down???

I have to reiterate snappy's concerns: you NY boys talk alot about dicks. Maybe that's why you didn't enjoy Boston too much....you were here on the wrong nights and went to the wrong clubs. I agree that 2 am is lame, but afterhours DOES exist, if you have the pull to find it. Gotta admit, though....I had a MUCH better time paying ten bucks to see Oakey at the Avalon here (or Micro, or Tall Paul, or Taucher, or Junior) than when in NYC. I guess it's a kind of tradeoff....we pay fifteen bucks, we get half the night.

As far as the Yanks/Sox go...I'll bite: keep in mind the ENTIRE Sox pitching staff has the best ERA in the entire league...and we've got more team Home Runs, RBIs, and a better collective batting average than the Yanks. I was at the game when Pedro won 3-0, striking out 13, against Mussina. I think the gentlemen from Baseball Tonight summed it up nicely: "Pedro didn't just strike the Yankees out, he made every single one look foolish." And the graphic they showed: STRIKEOUTS..Jeter: 2, Knoblauch: 2, O'Neill: 3, Posada: 2....

Anyway, now we can go back to talkin' our useless smack.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

Originally posted by nyc420:

My baked brain was talking about the last three years you dumbass. Can't you read?? And where did you get that Celtic quote from?? 1990?? It's states that the Yankees have only won 22 championchips...they just won their 26th last October. Hello??? You should feel pretty stupid for posting that old crap.

Seems like a lot of things affiliated with Boston are jokes...your arguement included.

youre right about the quote. its old. i didnt want to change it. it comes from the link i refer to at the end (the celtic PR website).

the whole point of my comment was not to say the celtics are better than yankees or any silly shit like that. it was merely to point out that boston is a real sports town, filled with tradition, pride, and *championships*.

1918 was indeed a long time ago, but as you said we should look at today:

-- today the yankees are not as good as they were last year.

-- today the red sox are possibly better than they have ever been.

-- today the sox are still in 1st place.

oh and BTW, last year was the only time in our lives that no boston team made the playoffs. thats *1* year not "2 or 3." so who you callin "dumbass?"

------------------

i love music!