Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Judge Jules

Let me just say that Judge Jules once again proved himself to be phenomenal! Roxy was awesome and it helped that it was not too crowded. Great crowd and awesome vibe. Did anyone go? cwm38.gif

~DON'T CRY BECAUSE IT'S OVER, BUT SMILE BECAUSE IT HAPPENED.~

AIM--NYCGODDESS00--

See, I went also.

I thought judge jules was wayyyy too hard....his cd's are MUCH better! He would go back and forth, sometimes he'd play great songs and be on, but then I felt it was just terrible!

I liked liquid todd much better...

But I did think the vibe was great, as well as the entertainment....

they definitly threw a great party, I just wish the judge had been better!

IMO

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

judge definitely had the energy flowing, for the short time that he spent on the decks. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think he spun for about two hours or less. he's sort of an attention hound, so if he feels that the crowd isn't responding, he'll bail. liquid todd did a very nice opener to build it up for the judge. nigel richards was kinda up & down; but i give him credit for trying different stuff to connect w/the crowd. i guess it was tough cuz the crowd was so mixed. you had a mix of judge fans, some large meatheads, and a whole mess of "tourists" who were there just for the kahlua party.

however, kahlua did a nice job of decorating the roxy to emulate an ibiza party. all of the hanging decorations, lights, costumes, projections, fashion show, and platform dancers gave a different sort of energy than the usual dark, underground nyc vibe that we're used to here. oh yeah, and copped a bunch of free red bulls from the redbull-backpack-people that were running around! cwm17.gif

all in all, it was a nice return to the roxy, had a good time for a thursday night, but i'm dying here at work now (decided not to sleep--duh)

cwm33.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

Originally posted by trickyd19:

anybody know the names of any of the tracks he played, i saw him at limelight, he was opretty good, but i know he could have been better

This was mentioned in the Twilo board... check it out, search a little, and you shall find...

http://www.twilo.com/dboard

(visit the PLanet Twilo forum)

I myself wasn't there, so I personally can't help. smile.gif

I thought Judge Jules was on point. The venue was perfect. Enough people for a good party, but not too crowded. The dancers, live drums and fashion show was a bonus. Not quite Ibiza, but it rocked. Does anyone know where I could get one of those blow up lights like the one in the middle of the dance floor?

i think the judge only spun for about an hour and a half actually, right? as far as i remember, they announced him at 1:30, and then they started spinning techno latin music at about 3:00 on the dot. that was just an abrupt weird weird ending. that last song he spun with the piano melody was great, but the ending kind of ruined it for me.

should be REAL interesting if roxy can draw some big names. like people have been writing, that chill out area is awesome. right by the dance floor, very living room-y. wonder what the hell it'd look like with five thousand people packed in to hear pvd or S&D.