Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Health clubs

To airatomic:

Is the gym located right next to TJ Bentley's ?

Originally posted by airatomic:

gym is the best! i go whenever i can..sumtimes sacrificing hw for it...which means 5 or more times a week

i got to Empire Fitness in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn

i used to belong to the olympus gym but then my membership ran out and i dont have enough $$ to renew it

i went between 3 and 5 times a week

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

The great thing about gyms is that you don't have to worry about what the weather is going to be like outside. Believe me, I used to love running outside, but then your routine gets screwed up when it rains or snows, etc. The heat is also a bummer. So, when you join a gym, you have so many more options, like a whole free weights section, machines, and classes. I even have a pool, jacuzzi, and sauna, free towel service, and lots of other amenities included. I think it's worth the money.

To gwyllion:

How much does it cost to be a member of ballysfitness ?

Originally posted by gwyllion:

The great thing about gyms is that you don't have to worry about what the weather is going to be like outside. Believe me, I used to love running outside, but then your routine gets screwed up when it rains or snows, etc. The heat is also a bummer. So, when you join a gym, you have so many more options, like a whole free weights section, machines, and classes. I even have a pool, jacuzzi, and sauna, free towel service, and lots of other amenities included. I think it's worth the money.

Originally posted by ncomodo:

To gwyllion:

How much does it cost to be a member of ballysfitness ?

Downpayment of $100, $60 per month after that, for a total of 36 mths. It's a three year contract, but if you use your work address (I'm supposing you work in Manhattan)for a "home address", then you can get out of the contract if you move out of Manhattan. I live in Jersey, so it works for me. You may want to ask if there are better payment options, or other offers. My membership also came with an extra 6 mths. free for myself or for a friend.

I have a membership to NYSC... got a corporate rate thru work...

There's one 2 blocks from where I live.

However, been so damn busy that if I can even make it once a week, I'm lucky. Still I'm thinking that some day soon, more time will avail itself...

There are cheaper options in my area, but with my type of membership, NYSC has the flexibility of multiple locations... I could even use my card in places in Philly, Boston or DC if ever I'm in those areas... but I have yet to take advantage of that, even within NY.

Originally posted by fuzzykitty420:

gyms crack me up...people pay sooo much $ to use a machine that simulates "walking"..so outside, get some fresh air and sun

cwm18.gif

let me guess and use canned goods as weights ?

------------------

people05.gif

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

“You’re as special as you think you are.” - Care Bears