Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help with clubbing terminology

Meathead: Typically a big musclehead moron. He may or may not actually be tough, but he thinks he's as tough as nails. Usually the cause of most fights. Note: You don't necessarily have to be big to be a meathead, its more of a mentality, than a physical characteristic. Sometimes confused with juiceheads (see below).

Juicehead: Somebody who takes steroids. Noticble characteristcs: Enormous, freak of nature, size build, pimples on the back, stubble all over. Note: Juiceheads can be meatheads, however, its not necessarily true all the time.

B&T: Bridge and Tunnel. Usually used by Manhattan residents to describe the crowd of people that come into the city en masse from Long Island, Westchester, NJ who take, you guessed it, the bridge or the tunnels to get here.

Guido: A stereotype commonly associated with Italians. Please Note: Note all Italians are guidos (obviously) and you certainly don't need to be Italian to be a guido. A guido is the gold chain wearing, IROC driving, stinkin to high heaven of cologne, how U doin, badda bing, badda boom, tons of gel in the hair, thinks he shit doesn't stink kinda guy. The guido phenomenon took off in the 80's and their numbers have since dwindled, but there are still a few that just won't let it go..

Hope this clears things up a bit...

Originally posted by somebitch:

i was thinking the same thing

cwm30.gif

OK THE FUNNY THING IS SOME PEOPLE REALLY GETS INTO EXPLAINING IT IN DETAILS...EITHER THEY ARE ONE OF THEM (MEATHEADS, B&T, OR GUIDOS) OR THEY WANT TO BE ONE cwm27.gif

------------------

HEY YOU!!!

2up.gif

Originally posted by bionic:

B&T: Bridge and Tunnel. Usually used by Manhattan residents to describe the crowd of people that come into the city en masse from Long Island, Westchester, NJ who take, you guessed it, the bridge or the tunnels to get here.

What about if your from Staten Island? Are you concidered B&T since you most likely have to go over a bridge to get to the city.

cwm5.gif

Originally posted by nabuc1:

What about if your from Staten Island? Are you concidered B&T since you most likely have to go over a bridge to get to the city.

cwm5.gif

I would think so. I take both the bridge and tunnel to get to the city.

Breann

Now would I be concidered B&T. I live in Jersey, but I take the ferry (I really don't but I'm just trying to pass the time here).

cwm5.gif

I think so. Even though you take the ferry (or not) you can get to the city by taking a bridge or tunnel. Know what I mean?

Guido: A stereotype commonly associated with Italians. Please Note: Note all Italians are guidos (obviously) and you certainly don't need to be Italian to be a guido. A guido is the gold chain wearing, IROC driving, stinkin to high heaven of cologne, how U doin, badda bing, badda boom, tons of gel in the hair, thinks he shit doesn't stink kinda guy. The guido phenomenon took off in the 80's and their numbers have since dwindled, but there are still a few that just won't let it go..

Hope this clears things up a bit...

Yes, but how can we forget GUIDETTES!!!!!

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

pink frost lipstick

puffed blonde hair &

so tight 'you can read their lips' jeans

------------------

DJmikeDR@aol.com aim: DJmikeDR

Originally posted by apotheosis:

Yes, but how can we forget GUIDETTES!!!!!

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

pink frost lipstick

puffed blonde hair &

so tight 'you can read their lips' jeans

Don't forget Lee press on nails, the ever pungant aroma of Aussie hair spray that permeates the air as the puffed blond (with black roots) hair goes by.

Ah yes, the cameltoe,something no pair or daisy duke jean shorts on the seaside hts boardwalk is without.

Yeah, Staten Island counts as part of the B&T contingent. Of which I used to be a part of (for the record) - Orinally from NJ. GW Bridge used to be my way in......

do brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx count?

I think some parts should, but not others.

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne:

OK THE FUNNY THING IS SOME PEOPLE REALLY GETS INTO EXPLAINING IT IN DETAILS...EITHER THEY ARE ONE OF THEM (MEATHEADS, B&T, OR GUIDOS) OR THEY WANT TO BE ONE cwm27.gif

1. How the FUCK can you know something without asking? Then again, you need to have balls to ask and not be so afraid of what others think. Let me guess, you just wait and hope that people just clue you in without your having to ask because you are so consumed with what other people think of you.

2. Bionic explained it in detail because...someone asked a question and he knew the answer. That's how a lot of things work when you grow up.

Sorry but it's people like you that make others feel uncomfortable about asking questions and honestly...that's an asshole thing to do. Why do you feel the need to put someone down for no reason?

Have a nice day. Whatever.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

Originally posted by cathyo:

1. How the FUCK can you know something without asking? Then again, you need to have balls to ask and not be so afraid of what others think. Let me guess, you just wait and hope that people just clue you in without your having to ask because you are so consumed with what other people think of you.

2. Bionic explained it in detail because...someone asked a question and he knew the answer. That's how a lot of things work when you grow up.

Sorry but it's people like you that make others feel uncomfortable about asking questions and honestly...that's an asshole thing to do. Why do you feel the need to put someone down for no reason?

Have a nice day. Whatever.

You don't even know the half of it with this one. Just check the Jersey board. FUCKING VELVETTA.

cwm5.gif

I was actually trying to be a bit comical in my over zealous descriptions, not to mention, I was bored shitless at work this morning and was just killin some time.

However, I agree, no such thing as a stupid question....

Certainly no need for drama cwm25.gif

Originally posted by lavendermenace:

Yes. I am quite aware that the concept of B&T refers to an attitude associated with, but not dependant on a mailing address.

Furthermore, I think my brooklyn, Queens, Bronx question still applies because many of these natives seem to have said attutude.

And lastly. I was being fecesious. cwm1.gif

You aren't the one I was referring to as clueless.

But yes Brooklyn Queens and the Bronx definitely qualify. Of course, more and more "city types" are forced to live in the outer boroughs because, goddamn rent in Manhattan is outta control!

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Originally posted by cathyo:

I SEE U WOKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BED HUN...WELL THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THIS GUY BEING A MALE AND ALL...TO TOP IT OFF LIVE IN NEW JERSEY...THE CAPITAL OF MEATHEADS & GUIDOS DON'T KNOW SHIT...I THINK HE SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF THE STATE

AND AS FOR U CATHYO THIS IS AMERICA AND I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO...MISS KNOW IT ALL

------------------

HEY YOU!!!

2up.gif

people PEOPLE!!!

how about we all get back to that ever so satisfying dream of guidettes????

lets see: it was 1988 and it was a great year, everybody had money, tips and OT were the norm, peeps went out EVERY thr fri and SAt, ahhhhhhh and CD's were then cool

------------------

DJmikeDR@aol.com aim: DJmikeDR

people PEOPLE!!!

lets see: it was 1988 and it was a great year, everybody had money, tips and OT were the norm, peeps went out EVERY thr fri and SAt, ahhhhhhh and CD's were then cool

Don't forget the wigwom socks.

cwm5.gif

people PEOPLE!!!

Don't forget the wigwom socks.

cwm5.gif

what the hell are those?

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne:

AND AS FOR U CATHYO THIS IS AMERICA AND I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT TO...MISS KNOW IT ALL

First, I NEVER claimed to be a know it all, please explain. On the contrary I am the one who is all for asking questions when you don't know.

Second, at what point did I say you can't say what you want? I just pointed out the fact that you were being nasty to this kid for no reason

6a.gif

Mikey, guidettes????? You're a nut man, those chicks were fire hazards!!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 06-20-2001).]