Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LIMELIGHT FRIDAYS GRAND OPENING . . . SUPPORT DOM & THE REST OF THE LIMELIGHT CREW

Thorin Aiello, Sevan , Neo Ellis & Dallas of Eclipse Productions, Sal Vitale, Wade J, Joe Valdman, Jabit Alverez, Nadav, Etai of Exodus, Burke Roper, and more

PRESENT THE ALL NEW . . . .

cwm26.gifLIMELIGHT FRIDAYS cwm26.gif

GRAND OPENING JUNE 22ND

Main Floor By Resident

DOMINICK CAPELLO

Hip Hop Flava In The Chapel

ANTHONY VITALE

along with STEVE RED

MASS BEGINS AT 10PM

W20th St. & 6th Ave. NYC

For <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> Guest List</A> and Nightclub Info contact: eclipseproductionsnyc@hotmail.com / AIM: eclipsepromo / 570.828.9642

New Promoters Welcome

[This message has been edited by 6eclipse9 (edited 06-18-2001).]

This party has been in the works now for 4 weeks & everyone involved is working very hard to bring you a Friday party with the BEST hard house, proggressive and hip hop in NYC. Please come out for the Grand Opening and show your support -- this is not only our party but yours as well.

On behalf of the Limelight Crew we welcome you with open arms to the HOTTEST Grand Opening of the Summer ~~ Limelight Fridays!!!

This party has been in the works for 4 weeks being set up and you Pick Domenick to play. FUCK THAT get a CLUE bring back CORBETT brin back KEOKI stop playing games already. And stop making up BS Member it's so loserish. TWILO closes and you guys come up with Dom that's it I give up on promoters. Se you at SF & Vinyl Friday

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

This party has been in the works for 4 weeks being set up and you Pick Domenick to play. FUCK THAT get a CLUE bring back CORBETT brin back KEOKI stop playing games already. And stop making up BS Member it's so loserish. TWILO closes and you guys come up with Dom that's it I give up on promoters. Se you at SF & Vinyl Friday

Some people just aren't happy until they get fired from Tunnel . . . in your case you're still a bit over-opinionated and grumpy. We should all not go to Limelight becasue "L" doesn't like Dom. Not my fault you got drunk that one night and . . . oops!

When Dom was at Factory the VIP room had to stay open becuase mad people wanted to go up and listen to him spin instead of what was on the main floor (by the way, Aluv is out).

Dom deserves support . . . come check him out this Friday!

I was what??? Hmmm funny you are talking about someone that doesn't drink when working. And people do quit especially when they are owed money. I am not like you i don't work for free. I don't need to be a "PROMOTER" to get my comps and drink tickets.

Dom is nothing compared to CORBETT, (that is a fact and Limelight is rightfully Corbetts room). I am mad, Especially at the one throwing this soiree. He made a big ass speech about quality music and going old school. Fine then do it!!! Where is Tony Humphries??? KEOKI?? Todd Terry?? Nigel Richards?? Tom Mello?? Christopher Lawrence??How is this party quality musically??? I bet these people don't even know who these guys are. I have a right to my 2 cents. Especially when I care about the quality of music in this scene, when obviously others don't seem to give a rats ass. I am going to Centro-fly. I need to get this craziness away from me.

------------------

Keoki sucks, I wouldnt even go to a club that pays to have that cracked out HIV havin homo spin. If Domenick wasnt a good Dj, then he wouldnt have the spot as a resident. You can bitch all you want and say he sucks, but you're the only one saying that.

And you can put "promoters" in quotations all you want, but it won diminish the job that we do. Maybe you are still upset at the fact that Tunnel has "tried" to make a million "comebacks" over the past 6 months, and every time it has failed (Moulin Rouge Party!!! I got a t-shirt!!). Maybe you are upset that it only took us "Promoters" one try to make Limelight hot again, and it is going to succeed.

Go to Centro-fly, and cry on someone's shoulders that actually cares. Maybe if you spent less time dissing people that do their jobs well, you would still have one.

Dom has a residency because of THORIN. No other reason. And yeah I guess KEOKI sucks that why he's on Moonshine Records and Spins at clubs all over the globe. And Was One of the reasons why LIMELIGHT is LIMELIGHT. And it shows exactly what trashy crap you bring to that club.

"Keoki sucks, I wouldnt even go to a club that pays to have that cracked out HIV havin homo spin"

VERY NICE!!!! Yeah that is the spirit. CREEP!

Oh and guess what BITCH he has spun there more times then you have been in LIMELIGHT and TUNNEL not to mention clubs have never been to like Palladium and USA. SO STFU!!

cwm23.gif

And I will say whatever I like about "Promoters" because I see what they have done to the scene and it is sad. And check the boards Domhas been bashed fora while. And if you got a Tee Shirt at Moulin Rouge that is really funny since they were only given to girls.

------------------

HAHAHAHAH You are hysterical unlike your pathetic ass some people don't need to pick up in clubs. You go you see your friends say hi, listen to some good music and go home. WHAT NO CHEETAH FOR YOU????????

My ideas worked just fine. People had fun, I wished I didn't have to wait till weds. nights to get flyers for that saturday and get on peoples asses when distribution should have been done. However shit happens you move on. We had quality performances,djs and guests. To bad it lacked in promotions.

And yes I like the boards since 1997. This is candy for insomniacs.

And don't even try to get personal little boy. I will hurt you.

------------------

Ass kissing goes a long way in this industry thats why this kid Dom has this room. Do you think he's as good as Corbett? HELL NO. Do you think he's as good as KEOKI? HELL HELL NO. Do you think he's as good as any EXPERIENCED DJ? HELL NO. Do you think he has the respect of anyone in this industry who really matters? HELL HELL HELL no!

------------------

Beat Me Harder.

Capello has a residency because of Thorin Aiello, plain and simple. He also does a big <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> and works cheap, so it's in Thorin's best financial interest to use Capello. All of these topics have been covered already. Here's there link:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/002257.html

------------------

AOL: Highmay9

Originally posted by hard_house:

Ass kissing goes a long way in this industry thats why this kid Dom has this room. Do you think he's as good as Corbett? HELL NO. Do you think he's as good as KEOKI? HELL HELL NO. Do you think he's as good as any EXPERIENCED DJ? HELL NO. Do you think he has the respect of anyone in this industry who really matters? HELL HELL HELL no!

Who are you and who do you know in the industry to back up that no one respects him??

All you guys bash Thorin and Dom and I can't see why. If Thorin has Dom spin for the reasons like he pulls big lists, works for cheap, ect. whats wrong with that?? Thorin isn't here promoting for fun, this is a business and here to make loot. I can honestly say I used to agree with you guys and two things happened: 1. I saw Dom spin and he sounded pretty good to me and 2. I realized that what they are doing and thats to make a good buck and have some fun while doing it. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Like me, Dom spins for the love but we all do it for the money too, its great to have an extra $400 a week in cash.

Whoever said anything about bringing Corbett back or even Keoki. Keoki is in Cali and thats where he wants to be. he got his start at the LimeLight and now moved out there to stay. Corbett ripped up the LimeLight for years and now its someone else's turn. Eventually Keoki stepped aside and someone else filled in for him, now its Dom's turn to try his luck and see what he can do. If he can't handle it then someone else will step up.

Thorin and Dom good luck and do your thing!

You wanna know why Thorin is getting hell for this. He posted this on a couple boards a while back.

Mesg ID 0

Author ThorinAiello (9 posts)

Date/Time May-04-01, 04:49 PM (EST)

Subject "The Scene Please Read!!!!!"

Lets go back in time......Back to 1990-1995

When the club scene was not "Saturated" with DJ's, Promoters, Team Leaders, Etc......When the scene was MUSIC DRIVEN....When all a club director had to do was hire a great DJ and a good in-house staff of promoters,designers, & distributors. The Nyc Club Industry is becoming a joke. Everybody with a bankroll wants to become a promoter. Promoters that have been on the scene 2 weeks want to rent out SUPER CLUBS....owners don't care.....because they get paid...but promoters get screwed. This is just one example. Nobody looks for longevity. It all about getting paid and getting paid fast!!!!

I think all promoters should have to take an exam....lolololo (Maybe i should run with that)

In order to be a Promoter

by Thorin Aiello

1. You have to be know the music industry (talent).

2. You have to leave your ego @ home.

3. You have to actually work and not rely on your subs.

4. You have to have respect for your co-workers.

5. You have to pay your subs & djs.

6. You have to show up to your parties.

7. You have to do ONE PARTY A NIGHT.

I hope i didn't offend anyone....its just my opinion

If anyone has the same views as me respond to this email with your phone number....maybe we can make a difference.....but i doubt it. I have been trying to create an environment that is truthworthy & fun for over 5 years. I am getting ready to throw the towel in on the NYC SCENE.......

peace

thorin aiello of reach

So which is it??? Are you caring about the MUSIC yet Thorin???? I am sure someday DOM will be decent but he's 19. Come on Put him on main after he produces something and gets on a main floor that you have no association with. All I am saying is you talked to everyone including me about How you loved TIESTO and all these other DJs and then BAMMMM. You went back to your old ways.

cwm13.gif

------------------

Aside from this drama --

Here's the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> info for tongiht:

Simply say ECLIPSE at the door (arive by or before 1:45am) and you and your guests will receive Reduced Admission.

Coming in groups of 8 or more contact us for a comp -- we appreciate you adding to our parties!

For <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> and nightclub info contact us at eclipseproductionsnyc@hotmail.com / 570.828.9642 / AIM: eclipsepromo

[This message has been edited by 6eclipse9 (edited 06-22-2001).]

Hey.......

No need to bash anyone...! Keoki, by the way, just moved back to NY so you will all be seeing alot more of him around here. I on the other hand, am spinning at Limelight next Friday, Junr 29th, as part of another Limelight CD party. I have been trying to contact Thorin and Dom about a few things for the night... but neither return my messages.

------------------

Rob Corbett

www.djcorbett.com

www.oval-records.com

AOL IM: DJCorbett